• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wild Guns: Reloaded (PS4) - E3 Trailer

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
After thinking about it, I think Wild Guns was one of the best surprises for me at E3 this year. It's so completely the game I want, and it's one of the very few examples of taking a SNES game and actually making it better, instead of just another ghetto port.

I mean, it's not my most anticipated game now or anything, but it's something that came out of nowhere and really has me excited.

A.E Suggs

Oh, I played this at the show today. It was awesome, and I think you should all buy it.

I was expecting some bullshit that looked like a flash game, or some 2.5D remake. No. This looks legit, and it plays perfectly. Wish it was getting a disc release, but I doubt it.
I'd love a disc, but it wouldn't sell enough for it probably. Naturally i'd buh both if they do go disc.

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/743602967635329026

GSK ‏@gosokkyu

icymi: the core 3-man team behind OG Wild Guns—Shunichi Taniguchi, Toshiyasu Miyabe, Hiroyuki Iwatsuki—still works together at Natsume-Atari
GSK ‏@gosokkyu

they planned to resume making small old-school games under the name "Tengo Project" but their first & only game was 2008's Omega Five (XBLA)

Neat. Omega Five was a fun original IP so it's nice to hear them still working on games together.
I would love to see them make new original games like OF after this.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Give me Omega Five on BackCompat on XB1; I love that game. Cool to see a solid reason as to why!

I had to get my funds in order when that game came out... and I remember the Demo would always stop around the time the music got to a certain point. I was stuck for a day or 2, humming the theme, as if it was teasing me to get past that certain area constantly.

As if I need any more reasons to buy THIS game as soon as it releases...

Tizoc

If the boxart is good ill order it
Though i may also double dip and get the game digitally as well @_@

lame gag

Banned
Most games like this that are released look like flash games, this doesn't. This actually looks really good. And it's getting a physical release? I think I'll import eventually.

Wish more games looked like this. Not that "8 bit" type shit.

Raitaro

Most games like this that are released look like flash games, this doesn't. This actually looks really good. And it's getting a physical release? I think I'll import eventually.

Wish more games looked like this. Not that "8 bit" type shit.

Agreed. We definitely need more classic games being remastered in this fashion and I personally would definitely prefer more 16-bit style retro indie games over getting even more 8-bit ones (though there does seem to be a slight shift happening already).

I wonder what else Natsume-Atari could bring for us, which IP's they own and what kind of size they have as a publisher. Heck, I'd like to know when the partnership (or merger?) with Atari happened as well for that matter, and why.

On a side note that is more or less related: are there any other smaller scale Japanese developers/publishers still around that are active outside of mobile game development and that could surprise us with awesome out of left field stuff like this? Taito? Irem? Data East (not I believe)? Kemco? Treasure seems to be an IP holding company for the most part so even though they might not want to develop new games, maybe these kind of remasters are still possible? Any I missed? A shame Sega, Bandai-Namco, Square-Enix, Capcom, Koei-Tecmo and Konami are not doing more (or any) of this as well by the way as they all have such rich back catalogs (even without the licensed stuff).

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Looks like a physical release is coming per this comment from LRG.
Thanks Natsume!

That is cool to hear. I'll buy a physical copy just to spruce up my game shelf. I'm hoping the cove art is suitable old school and colorful.

Top Bottom