• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wildstar? “You’re Gonna Find Out, Cupcake”

Blitzhex

weapon contest winner announced. with video.

image4.jpg

http://wildstar.pcgamer.com/weapon/

I think I voted for this, but can't remember. Did they send a reply email after you voted? I'm searching my email but can't find any confirmation email.

H1PSTER

I just bought into the Wildstar hype..

I played the beta and didn't heavily get into it though I'm crying for something similar to my WoW days... I was a huge RPer but too young to get into raiding.

I absolutely ADORED Eve:Online for three years of my life, sadly real-life friends backstabbed me and I can't stand to play it anymore.

Could this be the game GAF? Could this pull me back into MMOs?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Still not sure If I'll buy it.

I think it'll be a good mmo. I see enough polish and basic features needed at the start for a mmo like this unlike all the others that were rightfully mocked.

All AE abilities are a nice twist.

But, I outgrew WoW's gameplay shortly after I bought the annual pass. Leveling, dungeons, raids, pvp, grinding currencies. I'm sure I would have put time into MOP if I still wanted to do that in a mmo. :/

Still not sure If I'll buy it.

I think it'll be a good mmo. I see enough polish and basic features needed at the start for a mmo like this unlike all the others that were rightfully mocked.

All AE abilities are a nice twist.

But, I outgrew WoW's gameplay shortly after I bought the annual pass. Leveling, dungeons, raids, pvp, grinding currencies. I'm sure I would have put time into MOP if I still wanted to do that in a mmo. :/

If you're not sure, maybe wait a month or two and see if you still have interest after a major patch or two have released. There might be a guest pass or trial by that point that you can play around with. WildStar is not WoW, but there is enough overlap that if WoW is doing nothing for you these days then i'd wait and see.

Hixx

If you're not sure, maybe wait a month or two and see if you still have interest after a major patch or two have released. There might be a guest pass or trial by that point that you can play around with. WildStar is not WoW, but there is enough overlap that if WoW is doing nothing for you these days then i'd wait and see.

Deluxe edition comes with a guest pass for a weeks worth of playtime.

LtOrange

My minimap is bugging out right now. There is a way to move it correct? It is now sitting right on my quest tracker and I can't get it to move.

aka_bueno

My minimap is bugging out right now. There is a way to move it correct? It is now sitting right on my quest tracker and I can't get it to move.

The quest tracker for me has been all sorts of buggy! Mainly quest text overlapping itself and it not repositioning correctly when the datacron is opened.

Anywho, with the latest patch they added the ability to pretty much move every UI element. Go into the Interface menu and then go into the 2nd tab, and check it out. You can manually move it from within that menu or check the "move with key" button and I think it's the "CTRL" key you have to hold and then click on whatever piece you want to move. Something like that, check it out.

In fact, I think you can move the minimap by default anyways. There should be a move button attached somewhere to outer minimap ring that you can click.

Thanks picked up the deluxe version. Do I need to enter my cc for a sub now? I applied the code but when it got to the sub option I just backed out. Would like to wait to sub until my 30 days are up if I could.

If it allowed you to back out then you should be fine. I've not heard any reports of it requiring a credit card right away.

flkk

Neo Member
Does anyone have experience tanking with classes other than warrior? Does it work? I'm wondering if it's like vanilla WoW where it was go warrior or go home, or like later WoW where druids and pallys could be reasonably decent at it.

Dunlop

I really don't get the deluxe edition, I was still going to cave and get it for the hoverboard and then noticed my lvl 11 toon has enough renown to purchase one (though no where near enough gold for the lvl 15 mount)

I also foolishly played my Esper again with my new mouse binds and am back on the no clue which toon to choose bus....

Granok Medic vs Human Esper

I think I will just flip a coin

barnone

How does the combat in this game compare to Guild Wars 2 and WoW? I liked WoW combat a lot more than GW2 - I thought it felt more responsive.

Edit: Checked out some videos. Man do I want to try this game out! I'd love to hear impressions of the aiming system form yall.

How does the combat in this game compare to Guild Wars 2 and WoW? I liked WoW combat a lot more than GW2 - I thought it felt more responsive.

Edit: Checked out some videos. Man do I want to try this game out! I'd love to hear impressions of the aiming system form yall.

What do you mean by responsive? If you mean the delay between hitting the button and the ability casting, then i'd say it's on par with WoW and very responsive (bar any server issues). I'd say it's closer to WoW than Guild Wars 2. Give WoW combat the ability to dodge and free aiming for most of your abilities and you get something closer to WildStar. An Esper's "Telekinetic Strike" is like a Shaman's "Lightning Bolt" if you had to aim it. This isin't always true for heals, as there are some targeted heals, but a lot of them are AoE/free aimed as well. Have you watched the aiming or ability devspeaks? Those give a really good overview of the game systems.

Ferny

Does anyone have experience tanking with classes other than warrior? Does it work? I'm wondering if it's like vanilla WoW where it was go warrior or go home, or like later WoW where druids and pallys could be reasonably decent at it.
Engineers can tank pretty well. It's just ranged vs melee. Stalkers I hear are fine as well.

Ravijn

Engineers can tank pretty well. It's just ranged vs melee. Stalkers I hear are fine as well.

I had a lot of fun leveling up my Engineer. I felt that I could pretty much take on anything and not worry. Plus, I love the little bots.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm ready. I've bought some energy drinks so i can survive release. As someone who goes to sleep at midnight, staying awake at 3AM is going to be killer.

You're staying up? Man. I couldn't. I'm going to try to get some early sleep Friday night then hit it hard in the morning.

You're staying up? Man. I couldn't. I'm going to try to get some early sleep Friday night then hit it hard in the morning.

That's a smarter choice than what i and my 2 buddies am doing. Chances are there will be server issues at 3AM, me getting progressively more tired and grouchy, and then going to bed after a couple hours.

Ravijn

Espers seem pretty underpowered, looks like even more so after the last patch.

I got flamed in zone chat in game after saying something like that. I could easy solo 2+ group mobs with my Medic. Couldn't say the same with my Esper.

I got flamed in zone chat in game after saying something like that. I could easy solo 2+ group mobs with my Medic. Couldn't say the same with my Esper.

Those Medic fields really help with groups.

I think I'm probably going to do an Engineer tank and Medic healer.

Bloodsent

Have they made mention if they are planning on bringing the servers back up at all before launch? I know they were just up for 24 hours, but still, want to get my fill until launch...

A whole week to go :( at least it's a short week ahead.

Even a short week is too long. I wonder if all their stress tests and ops week will allow for a smooth launch. The servers seemed to hold up pretty well lately.

Have they made mention if they are planning on bringing the servers back up at all before launch? I know they were just up for 24 hours, but still, want to get my fill until launch...

They will be bringing them up some more this week. I think they mentioned testing name reservation this week.

Can we get 2 more columns on the google doc sign up: Class and Tradeskills

Done. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NH4MDP-pg5jnHyvMwj7JRiQcsXbqyb0G-j0ia2FDCJ8/edit?usp=sharing

Also, Ferny was nice enough to let us be a part of the same community as the GW2 gaf guild. This means we have a mumble server and forums. Some people in the GW2 guild have also expressed interest in WildStar, so we are pretty set for release now and will have a place to plan raids and other activities.

Top Bottom