• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wildstar? “You’re Gonna Find Out, Cupcake”

unbias

http://www.twitch.tv/wildstar - Esper Live stream starting soon 12:00pm PST 11/16/13

What is Wildstar, you ask? Watch this video 1st, to get a sense of the tone of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OlC-Oq_Plsk#!

Currently known Races and the factions they represent
racefactionbanner.png

ExileRaces.png
Dominion.png

mordesh.png
Chua.png

Faction video's: Dominion and Exile

Race Full Descriptions:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Currently known classes
classes.png

Class Full Descriptions:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Paths and the missions that come with each path: Click here for video on Paths

Soldier
SoldierMissions.png

Exploration
ExplorationMissions.png

Settler
Explorationmission.png

Science
scienceMissions.png

Current Path Video's:

DevSpeak Video's:

Combat video's and discussions:

Links and video's to check out, for more information on the Game:

Moobabe

Great video - actually made me sign up for the beta. I like the idea of being an explorer - though I wonder how different it is to playing a standard "soldier" class.

Jira

The ex-Blizzard animators are really throwing their weight around. I've been consistently impressed with their trailers and this is no exception.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I have serious doubts as to the realization of some of the advertised gameplay. I'm curious how the combat will play out. But the trailer was fun and the graphics looked pretty cool. Fresh look in a stale market.

Loxley

Been following this for a while is well, and the game definitely oozes personality - which a lot of MMO's sorely lack.

Pepboy

Personally like the idea of the Settler and signed up for beta. Doubt I'll play much but neat to keep tabs on it.

unbias

Personally like the idea of the Settler and signed up for beta. Doubt I'll play much but neat to keep tabs on it.

Ya, the settler thing sounds great. Perhaps they are trying what Shadowbane originally tried with city building way back when.

CTLance

I've been keeping an eye on this. Some pretty nice trailers for this game.

Also, player owned houses. Always liked that idea.

Still, pessimistic me thinks this will feature the same old "stand in the damage pool and tank while wailing away unflinchingly" MMO style combat. Oh well. Can't have everything.

Settling and Exploration look fun, and after GW2 I'm kinda itching for a more comic-y shaded graphics engine again so this will work out fine... provided I get into the beta. Which I probably won't. One can dream, though.

Hopefully since its NCSOFT, they go the Guild Wars route. I don't know how this game would do on a subscription model. I personally can't wait to give it a go though.

unbias

I'll be damned if an MMO pulls me back into that world of darkness again...

Somebody give me a flash-light.

Heh, ya they do have a way of sucking you in, deep, due to "not getting left behind by your friends" mentality. I've always found it a good idea to get that friend who only play's mmo's while playing everything else or isnt on a lot to make it real easy to jump on and off.

Espada

I love the Ratchet & Clank feel of the game, and this trailer only emphasized this. It's just oozing with character, something a lot of games lack these days.

Xiaoki

Great video - actually made me sign up for the beta. I like the idea of being an explorer - though I wonder how different it is to playing a standard "soldier" class.

The different paths get different events.

Explorer - you get experience for finding out of the way places(kinda like GW2s vistas) but you can also change the geography a bit so there are some spots only you can get to.

Soldier - you're out killing wolves, after a certain number of kills a pack of wolves will spawn and jump you, kill those and an elite wolf will jump you.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, seems like its been a year or more since following this game, same with marvel heroes. Sure hope they don't end up canceled.

ezekial45

Banned
This looks really wonderful. I'd like to see it find an audience.

I hope the developers are smart about how they want people to pay for this. Subscriptions are too risky nowadays.

This looks really wonderful. I'd like to see it find an audience.

I hope the developers are smart about how they want people to pay for this. Subscriptions are too risky nowadays.

It seems high quality enough that the Guild Wars model might work. I bet they're expecting the player housing to be the real cash cow.

Veronica

Banned
Signed up for this with my husband at PAX East long ago. Been waiting this long to hear from beta and nothing yet. Looks like the first real WoW cotender.

Trailer made me chuckle, but don't really know what an MMO can do these days to be wildly successful. I suppose I'll have to research more into the game.

falastini

I've been pretty up on this, since they released those two trailers a month or so ago. The visual style and presentation is interesting, and reading through some interviews it sounds like they understand how important endgame is to MMO. The last two big MMOs I played were SWTOR and GW2, which each had a pleasant game experience, but either didn't have an endgame to keep me interested, or had a poorly constructed one.

Here's those trailers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn8648VGMKM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn8648VGMKM

Jac_Solar

At least one of the races in the game had a WoW Night Elves running animation or at least a very similar one. Some other races looked very similar to orcs and trolls from WoW as well.

Sometimes it's simply a result of common sense and logic in an iterative design process - 2 different teams could easily end up with several identical/very similar designs.

Another case where the similarities in design were very noticeable was in Kingdoms of Amalur and God of War 3. Certain animations like equipping/unequipping a sword on your back, as well as some other weapon types, and, I think it was the running animation or something similar, had the exact same look and feel as the ones in God of War 3.

I usually don't pay attention to such similarities. The reason I noticed it in this case might be because the game looks almost exactly like World of Warcraft, has a very similar tone, similar design, and so forth. Looks like a combination of Torchlight and WoW.

The overall design, and the content of the video also gives me the impression that this will have more or less the same exact gameplay --- very restrictive MMO type gameplay -- as WoW.

I feel the same way. It really looks like an evolution from WoW's formula. Not just copy paste with a few things different.

But this is an MMO that looks and feels more like WoW than several recent MMO's, like Guild Wars 2, The Secret World.

The building/PVP mechanic might be different (I haven't played WoW in several years, and didn't really play PvP.), but that's the least interesting aspect of MMO's, for me at least.

Einbroch

Banned
Just read up on this, and it just sounds like another Guild Wars 2. Pseudo-action with a dodge combat, great personality, and "many ways" to reach the level cap. Hopefully the PVE is better. Also, I HATE FACTIONS. Why? Why are there two factions? That aspect alone means I won't play this game.

One side gets more populated and imbalanced, ruining world PVP. One side has more people, meaning battleground queues are either instant or take 10 years. One side has some of your friends, another side has some, too. Went through it with WoW, not going through it again.

The ex-Blizzard animators are really throwing their weight around. I've been consistently impressed with their trailers and this is no exception.

Yeah, they do awesome work (Though I believe it's only 1 ex-Blizz guy now) Can't wait to check out the beta!

Top Bottom