• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will 2015 rival 1998,2001 and 2007 for best gaming year ever?

Wait, what about 2004? I'd argue it was better than 2007.

But yeah, 2015 is looking to be a crazy year. I don't know how anyone will be able to find both the time or money for all the games coming (you may have one, but it's unlikely you'll have both), unless you're extremely picky that is.

2007 was an awesome year for multiple platforms, not just Xbox.

Seriously. It was great for Wii as well (and I guess PS3?).

Melchiah

inevitably some stuff will be delayed but 2015 is just looking to be a killer year. from what I've seen it should be a year that really sells people on next gen. not as much focus on ports/remasters. some great next gen entries in popular series as well as new fresh IPs. I think it will be a defining year for the ps4 era, like 2001 was for ps2 and 2007 was for xbox360.

On a side note, it pains me how 1999 got overlooked, eventhough it presented such gems as Silent Hill, Soul Reaver, FFVIII, RE3, Dino Crisis and Unreal Tournament. The same goes for 2013, which was the fanfare year for the PS3. It's hard to beat those two and 2001, but I hope the next year reaches similar heights.

Persona 5 was originally supposed to be this holiday if I'm not mistaken. I'd be surprised to see it in 2016 especially after the bang up job Atlus did with getting SMTIV turned around (
to NA lol
).

That game has been in development hell for so long and we still haven't seen any screenshots or gameplay footage. Even if they somehow manage to get the game released in Japan in 2015, the English translation should push the NA version back to 2016 (I imagine your average Persona game has a lot more text to translate than SMT IV did).

I sure hope to God so, if only for Nintendo's sake.

Zelda, Splatoon and StarFox, plus those rumours of a remaster a month. F-Zero GX HD would make any year a good year.

Plus I can't wait for Bloodborne. That I'm still hyped for.

Whaaaat? I thought the rumor was for only one remaster

Brofield

I see you said "rumour" but is that a typo about a remaster a month, as in every month?

Whaaaat? I thought the rumor was for only one remaster

Okay, I'm gonna go back to re-read the thread it was mentioned. From what I recall, the consensus was since the leaker didn't specify Wii U at all, the Xenoblade n3DS edition verified what he said was true. Somewhere along the way I remember it was being interpreted as, yes, one remaster a month, as they were inexpensive and easy to implement. Windwaker HD was a turnaround of a short time, wasn't it? Something like less than a year.

I swear I'm not talking out my ass; I'm just repeating what someone else said here and put their own account on the line.

Edit: KNEW I WASN'T CRAZY. STILL WRONG, BUT NOT CRAZY

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125401442&postcount=1

Comes from the same person who predicted Devil's Third on Wii U, and Pokémon ORAS.

On vient de me faire une confidence de fou ! #Remastered

Translation: Someone's just let me on a crazy secret!

Wii U ...

Ça va faire plaisir mais c'est du #remastered ! Mais c'est parfait pour boucher les plannings.Vraiment 2015 c'est un jeu par mois pour BigN

Translation: You're gonna love it, but it's a Remaster. It's perfect to fill gaps inthe line-up. Really, Big N [Nintendo] will have one game per month in 2015.

Source

A remaster you say? Wonder which one it could be.

Please lock if old/irrelevant/bishoptl wants some more fish.

Okay, sort of wrong. I misinterpreted that "one game a month" as one remaster a month, plus everything else they're putting out. But to be honest, I'd be just as crazy to think Xenoblade is going to be their only remastered game in 2015. The opportunities are boundless, especially with all the love most mainline GC games get.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Next year we will be getting fucking Zelda, Halo, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Metal Gear and TONS of other headliners

Yes, 2015 will be one of those banner years that come along only once every few years like 1998, 2007 and (my favorite) 2001

lmpaler

2015, if the games come like they are supposed to, is gonna be one of the greatest gaming years EVER.

I have a PS4 and a Wii U , and a PS3, and i'm not going to be able to move with the amount of games coming out throughout the year.

Dead or alive 5 last round

Bloodborne

Type 0 HD

Tales of Zestiria

Uncharted 4

Zelda Wii U

Persona 5

Arkham Knight

The Witcher 3

Tekken 7

Mortal Kombat X

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Rime

No Man's Sky

Resident Evil REmake

The Order

Ratchet and Clanks PS4

Dead Island 2

Doom

Horizon

Cyberpunk

Mad Max

HOLY SHIT

Don't bullshit me. Confirmed for 2015?

fedexpeon

Banned
Yes, I think I am going to be in the hole $600+ really fast from just the AAA titles.
Adding in smaller titles, I can see 1k+ spent this year.

I see 2015 as the first real year of next-gen. For that reason, I think 2016 is going to be an all-timer. We only know a few games coming out in 2016 so my reasoning isn't based on announced titles, just that I think it'll be the motherload. We're still going to be getting remasters up the ass in 2015 most likely. Probably a lot less in 2016, if any at all, so we'll get pure next-gen games. Same deal with cross-gen games. We're still gonna get a bunch in 2015 but in 2016 they should be gone for good.

pablito

I don't really think of years like that. A lot of my favorites I don't remember which exact year they came out in. Just doesn't matter to me.

But because of this thread I did take a look at each of the years in question. And yes, for me 2015 will be better provided that the games I'm looking forward to do come out next year, and are as good I hope they will be.

impact

Banned
All these lists and no one's mentioning Yoshi and Kirby. C'mon guys.
They don't really look too great or different on a system with good platformers already. Yoshi I'd pick up used/cheap just for visuals and nostalgia but Kirby has no chance and will likely be ignored by many. Never actually enjoyed a Kirby game.

Top Bottom