• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Koji Igarashi's Castlevania successor be revealed this Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the situation is comparable to Yooka-Laylee at all. Playtonic never tried to be mysterious about the whole Kickstarter thing: A month ago they announced in plain words that they'd start a Kickstarter campaign and leading up to the Kickstarter they just showed a first gameplay glimpse (and the announcement of the beginning of the KS campaign) one single day before the Kickstarter campaign began.

What we're seeing here on the other hand, is a company trying to hype something up by being mysterious about it for a week. I think Hex' complaint is absolutely valid in this case: Raising awareness also means that you need to time your actions properly. Awareness being raised a week early, followed by days of not-much-at-all might already be lost again by the time the Kickstarter finally starts.

Anyway, here's hoping that Iga's team already worked on the game for a couple months, so that they can show some early footage of the title. Because I think having something good to show is really the most important part these days. Kickstarters solely based on promises aren't as appealing anymore as two years ago.

It's a pre launch mini game for a Igavania. There's not much hype for it beyond that.

I'm not gonna suddenly forget about the game come next Monday.

TreIII

Really guys, you think a week is long for this type of thing? I mean, seriously?

Yeah, this is pretty tame, compared to a number of other Japanese-style "countdown sites" from the last few years.

At least here, we have a good idea of what's at the end of the countdown. What exactly it'll look like is the more interesting question!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
"The final quarter looms, Samigina the Shallow. It is almost too late."

"It is impossible to tell who will prevail. What will I do with the loser?"

And another, something about building a new castle when you lose your first.

"I am building a graveyard. Thanks for helping me dig."

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics

These are also not new.

Anyone feel like writing down all the quotes in one post?

Only thing I don't like is how on my phone I get messages about how the voting is close but on my desktop I get "your clan has been dominating clan broadsword".

TreIII

I guess this game supports creationism. :3c

Pfffft.

Or maybe it's just some roundabout way of describing what it's like in that game's world. Science/Logic states one thing, but Alchemists and Demons give a middle finger to all that!

EDIT:

"Your clan has dominated Broadsword over the past hour. But your hubris could be its downfall."

...Wait, what? But I've been hunting the curs of the Katana clan...

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Sorry if old, hadn't seen those:

"The moon looks lovely tonight, don’t you think, Gremory the Ghastly?"
"The items are useful. They are revealing. They are no substitute for sheer numbers."
"You are like me, I suspect. You listen when the night calls."
"This game you and I are playing will be over soon. But there will be another, if you're worthy."
"I am building a graveyard. Thank you for helping me dig."

Zubz

Banned
6ykVzqpfhkjaNgWO8xNhszvXowiE3.jpg

Has this scroll always been there?

EDIT: So apparently, others have seen it; I might've just unlocked it. The question is, how?

Jaeger

I know technically, IGA can't do his grand Battle of 1999 plot, however it would be nice spiritually if this turned out to be just that. Hit all the themes and notes. Large scale battles, everything we got at the big bad, kind of present day. I would be happy.

Creaking

I know technically, IGA can't do his grand Battle of 1999 plot, however it would be nice spiritually if this turned out to be just that. Hit all the themes and notes. Large scale battles, everything we got at the big bad, kind of present day. I would be happy.

How would that translate to 2D castlevania though?

Jaeger

How would that translate to 2D castlevania though?

Good storytelling. I don't mean that in a sense of enemy on screen count. But making the player feel like that are part of a larger scale war. I should have clarified that a bit in retrospect.

Creaking

Good storytelling. I don't mean that in a sense of enemy on screen count. But making the player feel like that are part of a larger scale war. I should have clarified that a bit in retrospect.

Ah, yeah I get it. Easier said than done though.

Hey I got the second scroll somehow.

ppxnU79.png

Because people seem to think dumb-looking whips are cool.

I mean seriously, the champion clan is represented by THIS?

Cat-o'-nine-tails_(PSF).jpg

Can you imagine a Belmont wielding one of those?

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Ah, yeah I get it. Easier said than done though.

Because people seem to think dumb-looking whips are cool.

I mean seriously, the champion clan is represented by THIS?

Cat-o'-nine-tails_(PSF).jpg

Can you imagine a Belmont wielding one of those?

Hey dawg, don't knock that whip. That's a cat o' nine tails and that whip will fuck you up. You ever see those classical renaissance paintings of the flagellation of Christ? That's the exact whip they are using to fuck up Jesus with. If that whip can fuck up Jesus, then that whip will tear you apart lil homie. Stop disrespecting.

Hey dawg, don't knock that whip. That's a cat o' nine tails and that whip will fuck you up. You ever see those classical renaissance paintings of the flagellation of Christ? That's the exact whip they are using to fuck up Jesus with. If that whip can fuck up Jesus, then that whip will tear you apart lil homie. Stop disrespecting.

Good luck harming anything armored or with chitinous flesh.

Creaking

Christ was tied up and stripped down to his underwear in those paintings. At that level, you could whip him with a tape measure and still do damage.

Try killing an axe armor with one of those. Try to get close enough to even touch it with that dinky little thing. Go on, I'm watching.

So what did this end up being? Monday came and went

Launch of a teaser site with some neat voting game and dialogue from Count Igarashi.

The full Kickstarter reveal is expected to happen on the 11th.

Join clan Katana and vote sword! Samigina the Shallow commends you!

"What a wonderful night to have a— but I am repeating myself."
"The moon looks lovely tonight, don’t you think, Barbatos the Bruiser?"
"The items are useful. They are revealing. They are no substitute for sheer numbers."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom