• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will next Doom be multiplat?

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Bethesdas multiplat like Quake 2 remarster are multiplat maybe Bethesdas keeps Doom and all the fps multiplat not Elder Scrolls or rpgs but Doom yes

2020-03-28-image-4-j.webp

Well, according to Xbox, games with an existing fanbase will still remain multiplatform while games without an existing fanbase (like Starfield or Redfall) will be exclusive, and games like Quake and Doom fit in that first category so a new Doom could very well be multiplatform.
But looking at how vague Xbox has been about TES6 exclusivity anything could happen, lol.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Well, according to Xbox, games with an existing fanbase will still remain multiplatform while games without an existing fanbase (like Starfield or Redfall) will be exclusive, and games like Quake and Doom fit in that first category so a new Doom could very well be multiplatform.
But looking at how vague Xbox has been about TES6 exclusivity anything could happen, lol.
Yes its all true my friends I hope for the industries everyone gets to play Doorm

hlm666

Do we even know what iD are working on? The wolfenstein team are making indiana jones right so what's the main line iD team doing? Think I saw rumors about a quake reboot ages ago, is that still current?

Robb

Gold Member
Do we even know what iD are working on? The wolfenstein team are making indiana jones right so what's the main line iD team doing? Think I saw rumors about a quake reboot ages ago, is that still current?
New Quake seems likely to me. But I’m pretty sure I also read that iD have been working closely with Bethesda on StarField, helping out with the FPS mechanics. I think they did the same with Arkane and RedFall.

So a lot of support work I guess.

Last edited:
Bethesdas multiplat like Quake 2 remarster are multiplat maybe Bethesdas keeps Doom and all the fps multiplat not Elder Scrolls or rpgs but Doom yes

2020-03-28-image-4-j.webp
There's no way MS would give out a single player AAA exclusive when all Twitter does is say MS has no exclusives. Maybe if it had a huge multiplayer live service component, otherwise don't bet on it.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
There's no way MS would give out a single player AAA exclusive when all Twitter does is say MS has no exclusives. Maybe if it had a huge multiplayer live service component, otherwise don't bet on it.
Yes this will happpen Halo is dying I am known for my industry perdictions

The Alien

Banned
Is imagine Soom is exclusive to XBox/PC/GamePass moving forward.

The "on a game by gane basis" Spencer mentioned is intensively vague....but I infer that anything they can build a community around will remain multi-plat (ESO, Minecraft, etc)

AREYOUOKAY?

Will the next Xenoblade be multiplat ?
No to blade but Namco could have and should have done the Xenosaga 1-3 collection. Of course there is that other unloved and mostly ignored Xeno game from Square that needs a remake or port.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Maybe if it’s a MP focused game but even so, probably not. If it’s really a Quake reboot then no way, it’s over, buy a PC.

Removing games from your competitor would make most sense long term, but I wouldn't be surprised if some might still appear (just to keep regulators happy), some even via some timed exclusivity.

Release on your own platforms first, and release it only once the MP numbers are needing some boost on PS5.

Starfield exclusive makes sense because people are eager to whatever this team puts out, Redfall on the other hand, should have been multiplatform, even though that forgetable game was too much for that team anyway. Doom and Quake are anyway PC IPs, so there is no real need to add PS in the mix imho.

Skifi28

"At Microsoft we don't intend on taking games away from existing platforms. We want our games to reach as many people as possible, when everybody plays we all win. You'll be able to play the next Doom οn all platforms where Xbox games are available"

Last edited:

FingerBang

It won't be on Playstation, ilke any other ID/Bethesda games moving forward. Unless Game Pass starts sinking. In that case you'll be able to play it on your Ouya

as a playstation player, couldn't care less about Doom and Wolfenstein.
it's the same shit every time. same levels with lava and fire and demons.
nothing special and nothing that says must-buy to me.
didn't people say that Eternal was really hard even on normal ?

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
as a playstation player, couldn't care less about Doom and Wolfenstein.
it's the same shit every time. same levels with lava and fire and demons.
nothing special and nothing that says must-buy to me.
didn't people say that Eternal was really hard even on normal ?

Surely Eternal is the same shit as all the others? Same levels with fire and demons.

But seriously, Doom Eternal is THE GREATEST FPS EVER.

Doom Eternal Fps GIF

Apologies for the derail, this thread will now be a bunch of people crying about how they didn't like it as much as Doom 2016. "I ran out of bullets :messenger_loudly_crying:"

Last edited:
Top Bottom