• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Nintendo finally announce a localized Mother 3 at E3 2017?

GamerJM

Banned
Maybe? The last couple of years I was certain it was going to happen, and then it just.....didn't. I feel like this year has as good of a chance as like, next year, if that makes any sense. I think it'll happen eventually but this year specifically is about as likely of a time as in 10 years to me.

A reminder: What makes this year different from other years, is it's the first year where Reggie, when asked about Mother 3, said, "Talk to me a in year and let's see where we're at."

If not E3, sometime within 2017 seems plausible. Otherwise he would've picked his PR spin more carefully.
Another remind: Reggie Fils-Aime is also the guy who, in January, said that they toooootally weren't going to cancel the NES Classic and were definitely going to work their hardest to meet the demand for the thing. Only for the exact opposite to be the case (and since the holiday period was over, if the thing was indeed only meant to be a holiday device, that would be the perfect chance to say that and be straight-forward with us. There was no reason to lie, given the holiday shopping period was over. Yet he did so anyway for no discernible reason and to the advantage of no one since it was getting cancelled regardless and it's not like whether they tell the truth or lie will give Nintendo more money. Might as well give people a head's up at that point. But yet...).

His whole job is PR, and just telling people what they want to hear, regardless of whether it has any bearing on reality. His word is garbage and means absolutely nothing. Don't know why people keep doing this to themselves..

brinstar

if enough people on GAF say it's not happening maybe the universe will course correct and make it happen just to make GAF eat crow

They've clearly been holding that card in their hand for a while because they know that hardcore fans will go fucking nuts over it and throw money at whatever hardware they have to to play it. Using it to get holdouts to jump on the Switch train would be a pretty solid time to play that card.

dickroach

They've clearly been holding that card in their hand for a while because they know that hardcore fans will go fucking nuts over it and throw money at whatever hardware they have to to play it. Using it to get holdouts to jump on the Switch train would be a pretty solid time to play that card.

GBA VC games were $8 on the Wii U, and ,I'm assuming will probably be $8 on the Switch.
I don't see how they can raise the price from that for Mother 3 just because they waited 10+ years to localize it.

GBA VC games were $8 on the Wii U, and ,I'm assuming will probably be $8 on the Switch.
I don't see how they can raise the price from that for Mother 3 just because they waited 10+ years to localize it.

?

Nintendo raised the price on EarthBound literally just cuz. And they did the same with EarthBound Beginnings, which was already localized despite never being released. They also frequently raise the price on "import games". There's zero chance they wouldn't up the price for Mother 3.

I feel the possibility is low, but I really want this game to be localized. I would really love to be able to experience the story Lucas has.

Neiteio

Mother 3 could justify a price increase with the added cost of localization.

Kangi

If not, I think that's it. It will never come.

Maybe if Earthbound Beginnings sold like crazy, but that didn't happen.

The pessimist in me says no, but I would absolutely love to be wrong. Mother 3 is a game that's near and dear to my heart and I'd love to be able to officially support it after all these years. Let me give you my money Nintendo I'd pay $20 for a new localization

Hydrus

Mother 3 remake by retro studios! Balee Dat!

dash_large.jpg

ba296f0f1f1670122970170cfef18198.jpg

ch_laboratory_b20005.jpg

mother_3_lucas_s_house_environment_by_kamiwasa-d8st1v9.png

KraytarJ

Never expect this. At this point if it does happen I'd be pumped for it but I'm way past the point of actually expecting it anymore.

Kevinroc

I think there's a chance Nintendo could announce Mother 3 (possibly under some kind of Earthbound title) as the launch title for the Switch VC.

I certainly think it would give Nintendo some good will from their hardcore fans.

Doorman

I will literally never believe in this ever happening unless Nintendo actually put a release date on it. The window for it being actually relevant has long since passed and the game is still full of content issues that I don't think Nintendo wants to dip their toe into right now.

Toad.T

Banned
Let it go, dude.

Hell i'm so sure that they wont release it at E3, that if they do, you can ban me for a month. I'm that sure.

Neoxon

Given that Eurogamer is backing this rumor still, I'll go with yes for the time being. They've been pretty on-point thus far.

Top Bottom