• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you be trolling the GOP this primary sesaon voting for Trump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

You know you could "waste" a vote on Bernie or Hillary, but will you vote in the GOP primary instead?

You could.

A) Vote for a GOP candidate outside of Trump so he doesn't win.
B) Vote for Trump so he does win.
C) Do nothing and just pray.

I don't know, but I think this will be the fucking craziest primary season we have ever seen. Brace yourselves!

edit: I will be taking option A.

Primary Calendar

Majine

Banned
1308693297001.jpg

RPGCrazied

I'll be doing A, thanks. Who would vote for Trump? Ugh, just no.

I'm probably going Bernie, but Clinton is going to win this thing.

ctothej

I want Trump to win the primary because he's easy to beat in the general, but I wouldn't actually vote for him. Something about voting across party lines to fuck up their primary seems... unethical.

HvySky

For me, voting Trump is the literal definition of a "wasted vote". Not Bernie or Hillary.

I'll have a good laugh if he wins the GOP candidacy though.

Yes. I am in Iowa and will be switching my registration to vote for Trump.

If he wins Iowa its basically over for the GOP. The polls show him with a MASSIVE lead in New Hampshire. If he sweeps both he will steamroll his way to the nomination.

mcrommert

Banned
I value my free time and would rather spend it playing video games, I don't follow politics so I get nothing out of the voting experience.

As you haven't educated yourself about the candidates or their policies I support your decision

This whole "you have to vote" nonsense is tiring...only those who are educated on the election should be voting

As you haven't educated yourself about the candidates or their policies I support your decision

This whole "you have to vote" nonsense is tiring...only those who are educated on the election should be voting

yeah I know way too many people who vote without any proper knowledge.

Personally I can't feel comfortable voting for someone I don't know myself.

Makai

I would vote in the SC primary, but I'm moving before the primary. I'll do it if I'm eligible for absentee ballot.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Strategically it might be a good idea but I think at some point you need to sleep at night and being complicit with evil should give you pause for that reason.

Cerium

I want Trump to win the primary because he's easy to beat in the general, but I wouldn't actually vote for him. Something about voting across party lines to fuck up their primary seems... unethical.

Remember Operation Chaos from 2008? Republicans did it to us back then.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Doesn't this sort of undermine democracy a little?

I don't think you should be voting on the primaries of the party you don't support.

Valhelm

contribute something
All i can say as a conservative...please don't

As a liberal, I kind of agree. Trump would likely be easy to beat, but the best possibility is if he goes third party. Clinton's win in that situation would be so massive that the Republican party would take years to fully recover from that blow.

weekev

Banned
I mean, does it really matter who gets the nomination. All of the GOP seem absolutely batshit insane. If anyone from GOP get into the whitehouse the world is fucked.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

one man one vote*

only if you are "educated"
only if you have proper ID
only if you are not gerrymandered to hell
etc etc

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
No. I'll be counting down the minutes until people stop talking about him.

dramatis

yeah I know way too many people who vote without any proper knowledge.

Personally I can't feel comfortable voting for someone I don't know myself.
So why don't you educate yourself on the candidates?

As in, not just the national level, but the local candidates that affect your state/city taxes, your parking spots, your zoning rules, what gets built around your area, pollution, etc.?

kirblar

I mean, does it really matter who gets the nomination. All of the GOP seem absolutely batshit insane. If anyone from GOP get into the whitehouse the world is fucked.
Exactly.

He's just the one that causes the most damage for them. Ted Cruz and others are still nuts.

So why don't you educate yourself on the candidates?

As in, not just the national level, but the local candidates that affect your state/city taxes, your parking spots, your zoning rules, what gets built around your area, pollution, etc.?

I can hardly keep up with all these movie, TV, game, music releases I really don't want to add political updates to that list.

jmdajr

Isn't true that no one actually has to give Trump the electoral votes?

I don't think war would have to be declared.

I did this back in 2008. My folks both put their ballots in the D primary for Obama, I went over to the R line and they looked at me like a crazy person. When we got out I told them that Obama was a shoe in here and they were wasting their vote, but I wanted to make sure McCain won the republican primary because Huckabee was certifiably insane. When all was said and done, Obama took VA in a landslide and McCain took VA by like 1%.

I haven't voted in a primary since, but you bet your ass I'm voting in the 2016 primary, because Trump is a madman. The way I see it, if all your voting choices are bad, you want the least bad choices to be the ones to pick from come election day. The fact is, there are so many wildly racist white folks who actually agree that we should "Make America Great Again" by pushing social issues back a century and bring back internment camps that I don't want to take the chance that the Dems screw the pooch in November.

jmdajr

I did this back in 2008. My folks both put their ballots in the D primary for Obama, I went over to the R line and they looked at me like a crazy person. When we got out I told them that Obama was a shoe in here and they were wasting their vote, but I wanted to make sure McCain won the republican primary because Huckabee was certifiably insane. When all was said and done, Obama took VA in a landslide and McCain took VA by like 1%.

I haven't voted in a primary since, but you bet your ass I'm voting in the 2016 primary, because Trump is a madman. The way I see it, if all your voting choices are bad, you want the least bad choices to be the ones to pick from come election day. The fact is, there are so many wildly racist white folks who actually agree that we should "Make America Great Again" by pushing social issues back a century and bring back internment camps that I don't want to take the chance that the Dems screw the pooch in November.

Yup. It's not an insane proposition. I feel like I have to vote against Trump.

reckless

The problem is your other choices are Carson, Cruz or Rubio. And they are all extremely terrible in their own ways. There is no Romney/McCain this cycle to be the "moderate".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom