• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Willem Dafoe to voice the Shinigami in Netflix's 'Death Note' (Exclusive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nd1320KK6c1rfd7lko1_400.gif

I can get behind that, even though I fucking hate Death Note.

Fucking hate it.

Fucking love Willem Dafoe though.

Galang

Banned
Well that's a surprisingly good choice... Though I also liked L's casting. Guess I'll definitely give this a watch now

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Why even go CGI? You're not going to make a creepier grim reaper face than Willam Dafoe's actual face.

TalonJH

I literally went "nope" and then imagining his voice in my head and went, "damn, they may be on to something".

Oh, they're actually doing the shinigami? I heard they were going to cut that, but that could've been like 6 scripts ago.

jax

Banned
They'll probably make the Shinigami a stuffed animal or something equally lame if what we've seen so far is any indicator.

Maffis

Cool choice. I still think it would've been better as a series instead of a film, seeing as there's alot of character development that needs it's time to really make the main characters as fleshed out as they are in the manga.

I'm pretty sure I already watched the cartoon of this on Netflix. It was really really bad and I had to force myself to finish it. Shame about Dafoe wasting his time on Justice League and now this too.

Yonafunu

This film should be pretty damn interesting, which is really the best thing that can be said about an adaptation before it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom