• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Willem Dafoe to voice the Shinigami in Netflix's 'Death Note' (Exclusive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
They're totally gonna mangle the pronunciation of Shinigami, huh?

Sheenygammy.

What do you hate about it? 0o

Up to a certain death it was great, most of the time. >.>

I fucking hate it too, it was so awesome it made every other show pale in comparison.

Death Note is a gigantic piece of shit, right up there with MOE and Slice of life anime.

There is nothing redeeming about it, the characters suck, everything about it is terrible.

Everything.

There are at least five shows I can count that shit upon it from a great height.

Death Note is a gigantic piece of shit, right up there with MOE and Slice of life anime.

There is nothing redeeming about it, the characters suck, everything about it is terrible.

Everything.

There are at least five shows I can count that shit upon it from a great height.

Easiest block in my life.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?

Everything.

Don't tell me your a Code Geass fan.

batbeg

Everything.

Wait at least 5 shows are better than this? Why am I even in this thread then, pfft

Shows that shit on Death Note:

• Samurai Champloo
  • Akira
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Space Dandy
  • Seven Deadly Sins
  • One Punch Man
  • FLCL
  • Kill La Kill
  • Psycho Pass
  • Durara!!
  • GANTZ
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Millenium Actress
  • Perfect Blue
  • Blue Gender
  • Gundam wing Iron Blooded Orphans

And I can keep fucking going.

There is nothing redeeming about Death Note, it is trash.
That said the only redeeming part about this adaptation is Willem Dafoe.

I will watch it for Willem Dafoe.

Don't tell me your a Code Geass fan.

No I hate that show too.

Easiest block in my life.

Really? Because someone hates your favorite show?

Well, okay then doesn't really effect me, but just think of all the discourse between us we could have had.

We could have been great together, you and me.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

• Samurai Champloo
  • Akira
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Space Dandy
  • Seven Deadly Sins
  • One Punch Man
  • FLCL
  • Kill La Kill
  • Psycho Pass
  • Durara!!
  • GANTZ
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Millenium Actress
  • Perfect Blue
  • Blue Gender

No I hate that show too.

Well, okay then doesn't really effect me, but just think of all the discourse between us we could have had.

Not a bad list by any means but KLK is a very mediocre show and doesn't exactly reach the highs of death note or even it's spirtual predessor Gurren Lagann and iron blooded orphans, litterally pulled off an everybody was fine disney ending that made absolute no sense in context.Gantz was entertaining but no masterpiece by any means and no Legend of galatic heroes, for shame.

Not a bad list by any means but KLK is a very mediocre show and doesn't exactly reach the highs of death note or even it's spirtual predessor Gurren Lagann and iron blooded orphans, litterally pulled off an everybody was fine disney ending that made absolute no sense in context.Gantz was entertaining but no masterpiece by any means and no Legend of galatic heroes, for shame.

I disagree, I found Kill La Kill incredibly fantastic for what it was.

A fun anime, with fantastic animation and likable characters.

I agree that the ending was ridiculous, should have had a darker ending considering how everything was going.

I'd also throw Hellsing Ultimate on that list too, the pay off at the end of the series/manga is absolutely tops.

cj_iwakura

• Samurai Champloo
  • Akira
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Space Dandy
  • Seven Deadly Sins
  • One Punch Man
  • FLCL
  • Kill La Kill
  • Psycho Pass
  • Durara!!
  • GANTZ
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Millenium Actress
  • Perfect Blue
  • Blue Gender

No I hate that show too.

I'm not a huge fan of Death Note either, but coming into the thread just to shit on it is kind of harsh.
(That said, I approve of your taste in anime.)

SalvaPot

latest

I am so happy right now.

• Samurai Champloo
  • Akira
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Space Dandy
  • Seven Deadly Sins
  • One Punch Man
  • FLCL
  • Kill La Kill
  • Psycho Pass
  • Durara!!
  • GANTZ
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Millenium Actress
  • Perfect Blue
  • Blue Gender

No I hate that show too.

...Did Death Note bully you when you were young?

Hypron

Seven deadly sins ain't that good either.

I disagree, I found Kill La Kill incredibly fantastic for what it was.

A fun anime, with fantastic animation and likable characters.

I agree that the ending was ridiculous, should have had a darker ending considering how everything was going.

I'd also throw Hellsing Ultimate on that list too, the pay off at the end of the series/manga is absolutely tops.

Fantastic animation? Did you stop watching after the first third or something?

Khezu

Id rather a shorter self contained movie.

Death Note was a cool idea that went on for waaay to damn long.

• Samurai Champloo
  • Akira
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Space Dandy
  • Seven Deadly Sins
  • One Punch Man
  • FLCL
  • Kill La Kill
  • Psycho Pass
  • Durara!!
  • GANTZ
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Millenium Actress
  • Perfect Blue
  • Blue Gender

No I hate that show too.

Why bother coming into a thread to shit on something you don't like? Isn't there a better way to spend your time?

HardRojo

Everything.

Oh, you were actually serious. Why not avoid a Death Note topic if you hate it so much then? Where did Ryuk touch you?

Manu

Id rather a shorter self contained movie.

Death Note was a cool idea that went on for waaay to damn long.

I don't think it did. More like, they had an idea of what the major story beats were going to be, but stumbled a bit to get to them.

Oh, you were actually serious. Why not avoid a Death Note topic if you hate it so much then? Where did Ryuk touch you?

Why bother coming into a thread to shit on something you don't like? Isn't there a better way to spend your time?

I came in to comment on the fact Willem Dafoe was in this piece of shit.

I love Willem Dafoe, and I will watch this for him and to see if the show can improve a dumpster fire.

Manu

Don't you just love when someone comes into a thread and is like

"Hey guys, I'm sorry but popular thing a lot of you like is shit and has always been shit. I'm sorry but that's how it is. Is irredeemable shit in every conceivable way and this is fact. I'm sorry you had to find out like this."

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
inspired casting

they should seriously just have dafoe in black with some make up

"Hey guys, I'm sorry but popular thing a lot of you like is shit and has always been shit. I'm sorry but that's how it is. Is irredeemable shit in every conceivable way and this is fact. I'm sorry you had to find out like this."

Hydrus

Can somebody who's good at photoshop, make a mock up of what dafoe would look like?

EDIT: I meant with the make up...

Can somebody who's good at photoshop, make a mock up of what dafoe would look like?

Yes, someone please do this!

Honestly they could get away with a gimp suit and some make-up and let DaFoe do his thing. I swear he is like Jim Carrey with the way he can make spooky faces.

Uh, so it isn't okay to have opinions anymore.

I hated Death Note before it was even an anime, when people were still reading the manga. It is tripe, and I'm sorry you guys have shit taste in anime and that the sacred cow you love I just slaughtered all over your hearth and home.

I'm sorry I'm not sorry about expressing my vitriol for Death Note.

That said, Dafoe is inspired casting and can only make this better.

Yes, someone please do this!

Honestly they could get away with a gimp suit and some make-up and let DaFoe do his thing. I swear he is like Jim Carrey with the way he can make spooky faces.

Uh, so it isn't okay to have opinions anymore.

I hated Death Note before it was even an anime, when people were still reading the manga. It is tripe, and I'm sorry you guys have shit taste in anime and that the sacred cow you love I just slaughtered all over your hearth and home.

I'm sorry I'm not sorry about expressing my vitriol for Death Note.

That said, Dafoe is inspired casting and can only make this better.

"Sorry for walking into this screening of Batman Vs Superman, I just wanted to let you know that this movie is shit, these characters are shit, DC is fucking trash, comics, animation, movies, it's all trash and you're all morons for being in here watching this movie, just wanted to let you know. But hey,dont attack me it's just my opinion!"

Are you 12?

"Sorry for walking into this screening of Batman Vs Superman, I just wanted to let you know that this movie is shit, these characters are shit, DC is fucking trash, comics, animation, movies, it's all trash and you're all morons for being in here watching this movie, just wanted to let you know. But hey,dont attack me it's just my opinion!"

Are you 12?

How does any of that relate to this, please I'm having trouble understanding.

Especially since there are plenty of DC books I like and don't like.

Same with Marvel.

Or anything really.

Are you sure you aren't 12?

Manu

EDIT: I meant with the make up...

They're only using his voice. Maybe they'll mocap his face for reference or something, but that's it.

Same with Marvel.

Or anything really.

It has nothing to do with what YOU do or don't like but has everything to do with your attitude towards a fanbase of something you don't like. It's a hypothetical representation of what you're doing here since you don't seem to understand how or why it's not only annoying but fairly immature. If you can't see that then it seems you're beyond help or just incredibly arrogant.

Same with Marvel.

Or anything really.

You've made your distaste for the series very clear.

I hope you can now move on to a more productive use of your time.

HardRojo

Yep, that's why I didn't bother to reply again. I mean, I can't stand stufd like moe and all those shows, but you don't see me going to those threads to crap all over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom