• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Outpost Cajunator

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ib8gz.jpg

Dammit, SHAFT, stop stealing poses from Ikuhara!

To be fair that was only the natural evolution from getting a game over in Super Metroid.

And I'm perfectly okay with this.

Kagami

High School DxD 11
I was confused on one point, though -- it said something about
her being made into a demon in order for her to become his chess piece. Um... isn't she a demon noble? Like, she's certainly a demon already! What in the world is the proper translation of this?
Kenzoku akuma (眷属悪魔) means the demons who serve under a king rank demon. NicoNico subtitles use "household devils."
It's the kenzoku/household part that's significant, not the devil/demon part.
So that bit is saying that
she is Riser's kenzoku, as opposed to somebody else's or no one's.
I'm a little unclear on why
Ravel is serving as one of Riser's kenzoku, but I guess the lines Riser said (through Isabella's little flashback) mean he set that up purely for appearances, to go with his harem master image.

Steroyd

Oh shit did I accidentally click to the wrong side of gaf again?

Edit: you know, Kirby has been full nude for a while now. Pretty disgusting.

Kirby is only naked until you swallow something.

Yoshi on the other hand... when he(?) eats something he lays eggs, what's the deal with that?

/XX/

the art looks good I see robots,magical girls,wizards,mairo,street fighter,naked baby angels,stuffed animels,maids, butlers,dragons,chibi girls and tons of others
The illustration looks to be made by Tatsuyuki Tanaka, so that image may not be representative of what Studio Khara (or χαρα) and Mr. Hiramatsu are aiming for.

Fate Zero S2 OP Full

I like it but I have to see the opening sequence that goes with it, I think what made Oath Sign great was that it went well with the action-y opening. =)

What action? Only like 10 seconds had action in it. I think what was memorable about it was the bridge and rather her singing than the action. Though I did like the OP I just wish visuals were more for battle than pans of characters chatting, though that was indicative of what the first half was about.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Saw this on pixiv this morning and thought it was Samus at first.

0yrGt.jpg

And this is more gaming, but on andriasang they have some small shots of the extras that will come with the Macross Do You Remember Love hybrid. Pretty steep price on the anniversary box, but comes with some nice things.

Edit: Oh I forgot how much stuff the AE comes with, I thought it was just the blu-ray and game. It's actually not steep.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's not absurd, and apart from their ages neither of them acts particularly stereotypically anyway.

If they're not going to be stereotypes, then why make these characters lolis in the first place? Prepubescent girls speaking with adult-like authority and commanding entire fleets of space battleships tests my suspension of disbelief, even in a show titled Bodacious Space Pirates.

That's not true at all. Sure, the princess told them the quest, but they have figured out where to go, overcame most of the obstacles, etc. She's mostly only acted when the pirates tell her to do something, like contact her sister; it's absolutely not the other way around. So no, this complaint doesn't make any sense.

Regardless of who's done the heavy lifting in terms of enabling the events of the plot to actually happen, it's still been Space Usagi's story. She's the focal point, the catalyst for every important event, and for all the Bentenmaru crew may be doing, ultimately they're really just invested in her success. I'm starting to think that the depiction of piracy in this show was doomed from the moment that the Letter of Marque concept was introduced. Even though this is a historical concept, it's still antithetical for a true pirate to answer to another source of authority. The fact that they have to take "requests" from outside parties in order to operate just means that someone other than the crew itself is always going to be determining events.

t's got some of all of those things. Ep. 11 had probably the most space flight and danger yet, between the storms and the chase, and them getting through the space storms, despite the threat, was definitely bodacious...

And it took them nearly the entire episode to make it through this sequence. I suppose I'm just going to have to accept that the show is always going to be a little too in love with its fictional technology.

cajunator

Banned
Yup, that's the one. If you like the art, which most people who like his movies do, then it's a great purchase. A lot of pretty great images.

tumblr_m0c4leKRQS1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

tumblr_m0amuzVrKQ1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

I love shinkai artwork. These shots also reminds me of Fragile on the Wii.

LOL SHAFT

Tadashi Hiramatsu should give Khara an ultimatum: help me finish Ghost Rhapsody or bust.

Shaft knows what the people want.

Fate Zero S2 OP Full

I like it but I have to see the opening sequence that goes with it, I think what made Oath Sign great was that it went well with the action-y opening. =)

This sounds so good I may even pay 400$ for it!

I will tolerate gaffu's weird newfound obsession with writing essay-length posts about the early, boring episodes of Revolutionary Girl Utena, but I -will not- tolerate any hatorade for Absolute Destiny Apocalypse.

Do NOT hate on this song. Under any circumstance. On punishment of...well not death but forced Eiken watching might be suitably close.

Ib8gz.jpg

Dammit, SHAFT, stop stealing poses from Ikuhara!

And I'm perfectly okay with this.

Good artists borrow. Great ones SHAFT.

Saw this on pixiv this morning and thought it was Samus at first.

0yrGt.jpg

And this is more gaming, but on andriasang they have some small shots of the extras that will come with the Macross Do You Remember Love hybrid. Pretty steep price on the anniversary box, but comes with some nice things.

Still can't believe how cheap that set is.

Go_Ly_Dow

Not really a huge jdrama guy myself but I thought Nobuta was really, really good. One of the few that I only not regretted watching but actually really thoroughly enjoyed.

I loved Nobuta.

Others that I found to be really enjoyable:

-Freeter ie o kau (this is a must! ;_;)

-Nodame Cantabile

-Ouran High Host Club

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ano Natsu 05:

So I'm picking this up again after everyone said that it's actually good. If my opinion doesn't change by the end, I hope that firehawk is ready to answer for all of the dirty lies he's told me about this show.

The episode wasn't the shift into full-on drama that I was expecting. Even with so much Remon the
club dicking around with the Super 8 again
wasn't really the best use of the episode's time, and the rest was just
Kanna still not being able to confess to Jintan
. Thank goodness for
Tetsurou
at the end, let's get the damned ball rolling already.

And why is Kitahara
naked
? At least next week is a beach episode. With how light-saturated and cicada-y everything already is, it's going to be summer overload.

Black Shock Rocker end

Well that was fun. Great finale filled with action, drama, and tragic transdimensional selfcest. The scene with the
giant cannon
was incredible. That alone might brings it up a bit.

This show sure was something. Lots of pretty action scenes and some interesting drama. The more I think about it, the more it seems to me that the way the characters acted is genius based on the rules of the other world.
If the counterparts are to shoulder the mental stress of the real world ones after dying, then conversely, it wouldn't be odd to say that the emotions would be amplified prior to that. Those subconscious thoughts that aren't a big deal become one, causing people to act a little nutty.
At least that's my interpretation.

Not my favorite of the season, but definitely something I'll remember for a while. Only wish it was longer. Guess I gotta watch the OVA next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom