• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite

So thanks to this holiday break, I finally decided to work on my huge pile of shame a bit and started watching Steins;Gate. I missed it originally due to a pesky overseas deployment to the sandbox where the satellite internet there is made out of shoe string, spit and sand. It took 5 meandering episodes with some very odd characters and a not very likable MC but it seems like things are finally getting interesting~ This show better live up to the hype. This and Yamato 2199 are gonna make the next week very enjoyable I hope.

edit: grammar is hard

Fisico

aYyp2Wj.png

Expect a clusterufuck.

So I should expect... Valvrave ? Yay.

Really? I think its a great season considering the fact all Winter seasons suck. Silver Spoon was one of the best shows of 2013 so the 2nd season should be great too.

Space Dandy looks like one of the less interesting shows this season, to me anyway. I'll still check out a few episodes

Space Dandy has this Redline and Cowboy Beebop vibe, and Bones poored a lot of money and clearly targeted an occidental audience with this one, so it's hard not to be interested.

I tried Silver Spoon months ago, not fond of this kind of humour unfortunately

LordCanti

Ninamori is the only girl who cares even a little about Naota in that show. The other two women in his life are crazy.

Haruko is the one though. Gainax is totally going to make the sequel where he
goes into space and wins her back. I gotta believe.

It'll never happen.

TheRancor

Diebuster 3

Pretty sure this show takes place in another universe from Gunbuster, since in Gunbuster the planet Jupiter was destroyed, but not in this. Of course we never see Jupiter so I guess it could be a new galaxy similarly named.
I believe that giant structure is meant to be an
artificial Jupiter
in place of where the original once was.

cnet128

Banned
too many anime on the front page.

which shows have sister butts?

Pretty sure ImoCho is what you're looking for.

I bet Gainax will make this become another C3-bu lol
Coming 2014 april

Ooh. Shizuoka best.

Guys I kinda feel like there's a hole in my life now that I have no Monogatari to watch. I think I legit loved that show.

*sheds a single tear*

I try and then I get discouraged because the LN translators can't follow a schedule to save their lives. There are chapters of Shin Sekai Yori and Uchouten Kazoku translated out there, but both never get updated.

I wish I could blame them, but I can't. Translating an LN is such a...daunting task. I tried it myself once and gave up.

Plus Shin Sekai Yori and Uchouten Kazoku are "real" novels, not LNs, so that would be even more daunting >.>

TDQQ7nC.jpg

I've apprehended the suspect.

Ahhh, that was a nice movie.

Even if that fight did traumatise children so much that Toei swore to never make Cures fight each other ever again.

It's impossible to have a slower translation than Futagohime considering that Gyu never got a translation at all.
At least they finished the first season ( 52 eps )

shiroe totally wants to bang akatsuki in the ln.
in the In ?? wait ... oh

Ohhhh

Digimon Xros Wars 34

3JFQvqpl.jpg

When people claim Digimon designs look stupid, this season is just not helping.
Your screenshot doesn't help.
It does look better when it moves.
I'm so ready for SAO guys... SO READY

Yeaaah ..I'm READY TOO.

I wish I could blame them, but I can't. Translating an LN is such a...daunting task. I tried it myself once and gave up.

Plus Shin Sekai Yori and Uchouten Kazoku are "real" novels, not LNs, so that would be even more daunting >.>
Yeah the level needed to translate a novel is way higher than the level needed to read them.

Ahhh, that was a nice movie.

Even if that fight did traumatise children so much that Toei swore to never make Cures fight each other ever again.

Well Cure black and cure white are the only ones that fought with each other multiple times ( in the original serie & the second movie ).those kind of fights are harder to do since now a precure team is always more than 2 characters.

LordCanti

All the more reason Kizu needs to be released.

Was she ever a teenager in that? I read it and I don't remember her being anything other than full on adult mode.

I don't blame them at all. Not anymore anyway. After you've seen the cycle once ("Hey guys I'm doing this! One chapter a week! - > "Holy shit this is hard. One chapter a month" -> "Guys...uhh....yeah") you realize that it almost always goes that way.

UK and SSY are definitely a different beast from LN's, but the cycle is pretty much the same there as well.

cnet128

Banned
Was she ever a teenager in that? I read it and I don't remember her being anything other than full on adult mode.

As I recall, she
reverted to loli mode after having her limbs stolen and using the last of her strength to turn Ararararagi, then aged up slightly with each limb she recovered, so she went through a spectrum of ages

LordCanti

As I recall, she
reverted to loli mode after having her limbs stolen and using the last of her strength to turn Ararararagi, then aged up slightly with each limb she recovered, so she went through a spectrum of ages

Aah, I forgot.

They need to animate that already. It's the strongest of all of them.

Kazzy

Diebuster 3

Pretty sure this show takes place in another universe from Gunbuster, since in Gunbuster the planet Jupiter was destroyed, but not in this. Of course we never see Jupiter so I guess it could be a new galaxy similarly named.

Now I know what i must feel like to have to read the impressions of others through hindsight, and not being able to really offer any opinion - without it sounding like a smug correction!

I will just say that I was quietly impressed with it's ability to confound my expectations.

Touch 3: Kimi ga Toorisugita Ato ni - Don`t Pass Me By

"But the future refused to change."

Compilation movie of the third year of the Touch timeline.

Shit! Shit!
They killed the coach dog(who was the cutest thing ever) and killed Yuka, she was annoing but she was fun and by killing her they put Minami back in the kitchen manager position, the games didn't have importance, the training didn't have importance
, the plotilines of the third year ended all strange...shit.

Bombless

White Album 2 - END

Man, that opening...

Good episode. Haruki
explaining everything to Setsuna
was the correct way to act.
Turning so Setsuna could clearly see Kazusa and him thrusting their tongues in each other's throat
was kind of a dick move, but then again all is fair in love.

Best ending that could be expected given the clusterfuck that situation was imo. Haruki is redeemed in my eyes. Setsuna seems determined to profit from the situation.

Made it into the list of shame...That was unexpected.

BluWacky

Anyone wanna recommend me stuff / make fun of my list http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Godofnerdiness

You liked Girl Who Leapt Through Time, so you should watch Wolf Children by the same director (miles better than Summer Wars which you've already seen).

You've ranked Tatami Galaxy at a 10, so watch Eccentric Family which is based on a novel by the same author.

You've ranked Lain at a 10, so you might consider giving Ghost Hound a go (a much less popular but similarly atmospheric/weird/whatever series from the same creator).

You have a huge list of shows you plan to watch and most of them are at least decent so I'm not going to go any further than that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Didn't start Yamato 2199 last night but I did watch some more Arpeggio!

Ship Waifus is still a pretty meh show but I guess I'll see it through the end.

JoeFu

Banned
I'm confused at SAO hype. Do people like it ironically or something? I thought that show was awful. Is the next part in the novel supposed to be good or something?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm confused at SAO hype. Do people like it ironically or something? I thought that show was awful. Is the next part in the novel supposed to be good or something?

It's not markedly better but it is a tad better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom