• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Kill La Kill 14
iefxfQPCBBIMZ.png
Cheap as ever but I actually liked this episode. This was pretty predictable too I found.
Next episode will be quite hype.

cajunator

Banned
Next one's the big one. After that comes the even bigger one. Brace yourself. It begins.

Its 13 episodes but yeah from here on out theres a lot of crazy stuff.
Kino's Journey pulls no punches.

Sakura trick - 02

i'm 200% satisfied by this episode .

This is ALL.

i kinda want to post a screencap but i won't be able to choose 1 scene , so i'd rather not post any.

Such a magnificent garden.
Brace yourself Sdburton !

sometimes you get a beautiful weed free garden. Savor these moments.

Only gone and got the Gurren Lagann Blu-ray BOX.

HFv4Bfk.jpg

Will post more on the new page.

Pretty awesome. That price would buy a lot of figurines though which is why I passed on it.

Jex

Yellow subs are probably easier to read but they also mess with the color balance of scenes. I prefer white with black outlines as the best balance between readability and non-obtrusiveness.

I don't disagree, but they clearly had some utility!

DiGiKerot

Wake Up Girls! is a cartoon about trying to sell cartoon and real world idols to nerds by telling them that they are awful people. Repeatedly.

It's pretty amazing.

cajunator

Banned
Unlike many in this thread, I have increasingly less of a problem with anime that requires me to shut off what little brain I have anyway.

I actually felt that that reveal was pretty obvious and didn't bear spelling out. Of all my complaints with the show, that was not one.

IF and this is almost as big an if as the one for Magical Girls, IF I was to get into a show of that nature, One Piece would probably be it because I do appreciate what looks to be a fairly fun and entertaining world. That said, I'm not much a fan of the unattainable goal that makes a plot last eternally. I enjoy Pokemon games, but that Ash will never ever ever even bother to catch a fraction of 'em all puts me off from the show nowadays, for instance.

I loved this arc. The way Kaiki just tears down Araragi at the end is great.

Mai Hime might be an interesting watch. I can think of some corvo-rage inducing moments in it. Might be fun.

jman2050

Mai Hime might be an interesting watch. I can think of some corvo-rage inducing moments in it. Might be fun.

I'd really like to see Corvo's reaction to Mai-Hime,
the ending
in particular.

The show is full and unabashed Sunrise being Sunrise, but in a good way for the most part.

jman2050

Impressions are making Wake Up Girls seem like less and less of an idol show and more like some sort of psychological horror in the making or something.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 19

The real father's day episode you were looking for.
The weird part of this episode is that it implies the main characters aren't phased when it comes to naked boys.

"Fathers are more doting on their daughters" something about this... just rings...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I actually appreciate how this show doesn't have to state the obvious. They have to keep this stuff a secret for every reason possible, they don't want to be judged by their peers, they don't want to be judged by their friends or relatives. Really why bother stating the obvious? Most yuri shows would do dumb crap like have them ponder about their actions and whether or not they want to be open about their feelings with others. Well fuck that!

I think Sakura Trick is a fascinating show. It's bluntness in its yuri is so refreshing, its such a change from the usual formula where the girls basically spend the majority of the series deciding whether or not what they want to do is right or wrong. The openness of it all is pretty startling, I honestly don't think I could stomach another Strawberry Panic-esque show. Like the day where we get actual yuri shows where the focus isn't even on the yuri will be great.

Especially if the wrong girl wins, FUCK DAT SHIT
It's not really blunt though. If you want blunt, then just watch Kanamemo, which somehow has more genuine lesbian characters despite the fact that they are a bit of a joke. I think they're made more reasonable by the fact that the show ALSO has the pervert girl who wants to molest the main character, like the older sister from that Engagement show.

My point is that if you removed the kissing, the show would function exactly the same. There's no reason to call them "lesbians" other than the fact that they happen to kiss. It's almost the reverse of the Will and Grace or Modern Family problem where the characters there are extremely gay, but never express any gay sexuality. Here, it's like watching a bunch of straight girls kiss each other for the benefit of... well, whoever is watching this show. Hell, Glee has a much more honest lesbian character... and Glee is fucking terrible.

Beggars can't be choosers and whatever, but I can't help but be a bit disappointed when the big yuri anime is actually safer than the bland yaoi anime Sekai ichi Hatsukoi (sorry DTL :p).

Sounds like AOTY to me!
Well, are you going to make it #1?! There's deals and social engineering to be done!

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 20

Kids having dreams yo, except for 2 people, Momoko and Kikuchi (because they haven't decided until the end).

Momoko's dream is pretty obvious based on how she was both introduced, and how it goes "HINT HINT" throughout the episode. It isn't stated out loud though, because she's cut off by an airplane
And I can't help but feel as if that wasn't a joke, but more on... foreshadowing.....

You really want me to watch this show, huh?

I just think it fits the kind of adventure show that you would enjoy. I remember you saying that you enjoy fantasy adventure shows, and Hunter X Hunter can certainly offer you an enjoyable lighthearted adventure that while being able to balance really dark moments. It's also got a lot of creativity and some really well-written characters as well.

Though if I had to pick between two shows for you to watch it would be either that or Kino's Journey.

CorvoSol

HEY

21 was cool.

And it only took how many hours of hearing people piss themselves into a microphone?

Mobile Suit Gundam 31

The Zeon Force continues to prove it's run by retards who cannot zip their own pants as they waste hilarious amounts of money, time, and their super scarce resources to develop a Bigro which the Gundam kills on its first outing in under ten minutes.

Seriously.

Then Sayla pilots a tank in space. It doesn't matter though. What does matter is SLEGGER LAW JUST JOINED THE WHITE BASE CREW. Dude is so awesome. He's like Quattro Bajina except he isn't a walking corpse!

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 21

Two exams at once
with Oyajiide taking a teacher exam for the sake of getting a bonus, but he really isn't that much of an asshole. He failed his exam to save Hana.

There was also some world building on the Wizard World, mainly how they too have babies born from plants!

cajunator

Banned
I just think it fits the kind of adventure show that you would enjoy. I remember you saying that you enjoy fantasy adventure shows, and Hunter X Hunter can certainly offer you an enjoyable lighthearted adventure that while being able to balance really dark moments. It's also got a lot of creativity and some really well-written characters as well.

Though if I had to pick between two shows for you to watch it would be either that or Kino's Journey.

Me and corvy have an agreement thaT I will watch Full Metal Panic and he watches something of my choice. Kino being one of them.

CorvoSol

Orphen 5

So basically Magic stumbles into a wolf cult in the woods and Orphen comes to bail him out, only to discover that an old enemy of his has set up shop in the village (meaning they throw down.) Meanwhile Cleo accidentally adopts a wolf god and shit gets real from there.

cnet128

Banned
Corvo, you would love Hunter X Hunter. Unlike in One Piece and Pokemon, the goals have a huge influence on the plot, and are not just an excuse to make the plot last forever. And it's not unnatainable either (well it kinda starts off with the "be the very best" trope, but that goal changes fairly early on and is never brought up again) It's not long compared to other ones, the way it handles superpowers is really unique, and the fights are tense as hell as there are little to no cliches in them.

Seriously, I think you would love it.

Yeah, if Corvo was going to watch one shonen show, it should definitely be Hunter x Hunter. I daresay he'd enjoy both that and One Piece if he gave them a proper shot, but with OP the pacing and excessive length would inevitably be a bit of a barrier, whereas HxH would just be a glorious ride the whole way through. Both shows have their share of fuckyeah-awesome moments, but OP's are fairly spaced out with a lot of the enjoyment coming from the gradual epic worldbuilding and how well those moments are earned, whereas with HxH they come thick and fast, just the way Corvo likes them.

I'd start bugging him to watch it right now if I wasn't still hoping for him to get around to Higurashi =p

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, if Corvo was going to watch one shonen show, it should definitely be Hunter x Hunter. I daresay he'd enjoy both that and One Piece if he gave them a proper shot, but with OP the pacing and excessive length would inevitably be a bit of a barrier, whereas HxH would just be a glorious ride the whole way through. Both shows have their share of fuckyeah-awesome moments, but OP's are fairly spaced out with a lot of the enjoyment coming from the gradual epic worldbuilding and how well those moments are earned, whereas with HxH they come thick and fast, just the way Corvo likes them.

I'd start bugging him to watch it right now if I wasn't still hoping for him to get around to Higurashi =p

Make a watch bet with him.

CorvoSol

Make a watch bet with him.

Once upon a time Winston Churchill approached an actress and said, "Madam, would you sleep with me for a million pounds?" She responded, "Well, I don't know, I would consider it." He then said, "Would you sleep with me for one pound?" and she remarked, "What sort of woman do you take me for?" He said, "We have already established that, madam, and are now negotiating the price."

I feel like I know how that woman felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom