• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think war really changed this time
STAEOey.jpg
SojrjQq.jpg

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 85

If there was an image that says "RED FLAGS! RED FLAGS EVERYWHERE", it fits so fucking hard here. I mean holy shit.

I mean, Kite's actions was a blatant flag of him getting wrecked. Gon's "Light" is being set up as his ultimate downfall here. Him raging in an attempt to attack Pitou was practically a bad signal, good lord, the shit that will happen when his optimism really fails him here.

You know, in some cases, Greed Island was a bit lighthearted
despite Gon losing one of his hands
, because... shiiit.

Nagi no Asukara 14-15

So glad this is back. Finally got a chance to catch up to this.

Love the developments.
I didnt expect a timeskip but its welcome. So many feels. Miuna has gotten cuter and her little brother is plain adorable.

I wonder how Manaka will come back into the show. She just has to. I also dont think that Hikari x Miuna will happen because of their family relationship but since Manaka would still be the same age as them then theres that potential. Thats if she comes back at all.

I also feel like Chisaki and Tsumugu will end up together, and they already currently love eachother.

I also love the new OP and ED though Aqua Terrarium is still GOAT. I love this guys piano rendition of it. Rest of the soundtrack and the visuals are still gorgeous.

cnet128

Banned
Hummingbird's Top Anime of 2013. Actually a really, really nice layout for this retrospective. Lots of cool site stats, too. Hats off, Hummingbird. Though...your results are really fucking weird.

Why are all those people watching Danganronpa. WHY.

(I know, I know, I'm part of the problem, but I can't help but worry that unlike me, a large proportion of the people who must have watched it to get it to second place in the Summer rankings hadn't already played the game. And that would be tragic.)

I think war really changed this time
STAEOey.jpg

Shit, moe has its own Army, Navy and Air Force. It really is going to conquer the world.

Hunter x Hunter 113

We are so, so close to a reunion between Gon and Pitou. My favourite scene in the whole goddamn manga incoming.

cajunator

Banned
Why are all those people watching Danganronpa. WHY.

(I know, I know, I'm part of the problem, but I can't help but worry that unlike me, a large proportion of the people who must have watched it to get it to second place in the Summer rankings hadn't already played the game. And that would be tragic.)

Shit, moe has its own Army, Navy and Air Force. It really is going to conquer the world.

Hunter x Hunter 113

We are so, so close to a reunion between Gon and Pitou. My favourite scene in the whole goddamn manga incoming.

I would be very happy if moe conquered the world.

PsionBolt

Since we're on harem talk, I was wondering which shows (or mangas) have the main character end up with someone other than the "main" girl?
The only one I can think of ATM is Ichigo 100%.

It's a spoiler to say the name, of course, but the first one that comes to mind for me is
Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka
. It's not a particularly good show, but the twist did catch me off guard - it managed to move the show out of the "completely forgettable" category, at least. For a harem anime, that's somewhat notable.

I think I'm done with Tokyo Ravens. I was hoping that Harutora realizing what he did a few episodes back would've changed the show for the better but this already feels like it's gonna end very mild in that department and I really don't care for the serious action side. It was nice while it lasted but that's it. We'll always have first episode Tokyo Ravens.

Shine on you Crazy Diamoe.

Soma

I'm still not 100% sure what a Kancolle is except for that lame looking blonde girl in a thong who keeps getting posted on pixiv all the time.

cajunator

Banned
I think I'm done with Tokyo Ravens. I was hoping that Harutora realizing what he did a few episodes back would've changed the show for the better but this already feels like it's gonna end very mild in that department and I really don't care for the serious action side. It was nice while it lasted but that's it. We'll always have first episode Tokyo Ravens.

Shine on you Crazy Diamoe.

Just watch it for Kon. thats what everyone else does.

Branduil

Can someone explain what the "AnimeJapan 2014" images mean or are we just supposed to magically intuit their meaning without knowing the context or Japanese.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can someone explain what the "AnimeJapan 2014" images mean or are we just supposed to magically intuit their meaning without knowing the context or Japanese.
Presumably a crossover between the three biggest war nerd franchises at the moment?
(GuP, SW, and Kancolle)

cnet128

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! 22

Awwwwwwwwwwww Nozomi is teaching the little kids that's adorable.

...Rin did you just create a sun?

Hey look, a crown came out of the Rose Pact. Is this going to fuel some kind of powerup...?

jbug617

Banned
Can't wait for the blurays for Strike Witches S1-2 come in. I want to see what it's about (blind buy since it was S.A.V.E. release).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom