• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
No-Rin - 01

X3Lv2xd.png

Dat Christmas Cake! <3

Wow, this is a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be.

And Comiket will have a ball with this show. (slightly nsfw)

cnet128

Banned
ImoCho 5

Well, this is an interesting development.
Did Mitsuki just somehow...physically transform into Hiyori? If the brother is really about to meet Hiyori, I have no clue where the show is going to take this, since him knowing about Mitsuki's ghost issue would kind of undermine the whole premise of the show... I was really expecting someone other than the brother to be the first to find out the truth.

Also lolwat @ brother with the bikini bottom. That's a whole new level of obliviousness.

Midonin

Happiness Charge Precure! 01

Some heavy Heartcatch vibes rolling through this one. But I like what I see. The animation is fluid and dynamic, and the fights were a lot of fun to watch. Hime reminds me of Erika if she was more awkward and less of a force of nature. Megumi's not as hax as Mana got near the end of her tenure, but she's not as dense as Miyuki either. Transform is cute, and Cure Tomatsu has a lot of style. Whoever she is, she'll be returning later. And Yuuko is just adorable, even with the minimal amount of screentime she had. The show's just a lot of fun to watch, though I need to wait until next week to see what's actually going on.

Also: Hi, Nagisa!

Girls Und Panzer - 01

Oh wow, what a surprisingly good first episode! I totally didn't know what to expect about an all girls sports anime where the "sport" was tank battle but this one absolutely surprised me. Though I can't totally buy the "best friends after 5 minutes!" thing I actually really enjoyed how the drama played itself out in this one. Super high expectations for the rest of the series.

The dub is horrid though, wow.

cnet128

Banned
So much for the Westermarck effect

Don't think that applies here. The Westermarck effect is supposed to apply to people who were raised together as infants (up to about the age of six). This guy wasn't "adopted" until about the age of twelve, so both of them would already have been older than that when they started living together as "siblings".

HappinessCharge! Precure 1

This episode felt like an apology for just what went down with DokiDoki.

In fact, it seems our key players are already on screen, from Yuuko already being in place with Megumi and the other cast members, to Hime's Not Erika impressions. Hell, even Cure Fortune is here, and she clearly has bitch overload vibes towards Hime.

Despite her attitude, Hime has already made her way into both being the best one so far, and also being dubbed "Not-Erika" as a result. I think Megumi kind of gives me a vibe that she's potentially insane, I mean holy shit, she apparently cannot close her mouth at all, no wonder Yuuko looks like she put up with a lot of whatever Megumi does.. I mean wow. I'm not sure if people can be sad, but considering Cures exist to the public, it's probably a sign of them being complacent as fuck.

In any case, this definitely had Heartcatch vibes all over, and we're off to a good start with our Heartcatch Spiritual Successor.

As for the ED, 3D models are... something. Take it as you will.

Zing Zing Zing Zing Amazing start

cnet128

Banned

Some heavy Heartcatch vibes rolling through this one. But I like what I see. The animation is fluid and dynamic, and the fights were a lot of fun to watch. Hime reminds me of Erika if she was more awkward and less of a force of nature. Megumi's not as hax as Mana got near the end of her tenure, but she's not as dense as Miyuki either. Transform is cute, and Cure Tomatsu has a lot of style. Whoever she is, she'll be returning later. And Yuuko is just adorable, even with the minimal amount of screentime she had. The show's just a lot of fun to watch, though I need to wait until next week to see what's actually going on.

Happinesscharge Precure 1

hearts were caught

i am dead

HappinessCharge! Precure 1

This episode felt like an apology for just what went down with DokiDoki.

In fact, it seems our key players are already on screen, from Yuuko already being in place with Megumi and the other cast members, to Hime's Not Erika impressions. Hell, even Cure Fortune is here, and she clearly has bitch overload vibes towards Hime.

Despite her attitude, Hime has already made her way into both being the best one so far, and also being dubbed "Not-Erika" as a result. I think Megumi kind of gives me a vibe that she's potentially insane, I mean holy shit, she apparently cannot close her mouth at all. I mean wow. I'm not sure if people can be sad, but considering Cures exist to the public, it's probably a sign of them being complacent as fuck.

In any case, this definitely had Heartcatch vibes all over, and we're off to a good start with our Heartcatch Spiritual Successor.

As for the ED, 3D models are... something. Take it as you will.

Zing Zing Zing Zing Amazing start

omg this looks/sounds really good. I'm kind of tempted to just check it out, but I'm a stubborn bastard and refuse to break my "I will watch Precure chronologically" vow.

Must...catch up...faster...

cajunator

Banned

Cant wait to hear all the music. Thats the best part of precure. I might just have to wayxh this show every week because marathoning long shows never works well for me.

Happinesscharge Precure 1

hearts were caught

i am dead

Looks very cute. Youll be devastated when it goes to shit but it seems like a good start.

Midonin

Cant wait to hear all the music. Thats the best part of precure. I might just have to wayxh this show every week because marathoning long shows never works well for me.
The opening and ending are both a lot of fun to listen to. (Just before the OP is where the Cures of the past give their anniversary messages, by the way.) The ED animation is now comparable to Arpeggio. Toei's gotten much better at making it so it doesn't creep me out.

cnet128

Banned
Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono Encore 4

Dammit now I want to see an anime/manga of that crazy art club series they all thought up. It sounded amazing (if distinctly DTL).

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
World Conquest Zvezda Plot Episode 4

I didn't really have high expectations for this show but it's actually pretty enjoyable.

Midonin

As long as we're comparing it to Heartcatch, thankfully the mascots in Happiness Charge only sneeze out new cards. Better than the alternative.

cajunator

Banned
The opening and ending are both a lot of fun to listen to. (Just before the OP is where the Cures of the past give their anniversary messages, by the way.) The ED animation is now comparable to Arpeggio. Toei's gotten much better at making it so it doesn't creep me out.

Some of the best cg Ed animation recently is from Miss Monochrome. Adorable.

The problem with the bi-yearly rule is that Fresh Precure wasn't shit.

In the mean time

HappinessCharge OP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDiO8Un7ozY

And the ED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e670K_0BwG8

Low quality tho

Ill listen to them when I take my next break.

Tenumi

Banned
As long as we're comparing it to Heartcatch, thankfully the mascots in Happiness Charge only sneeze out new cards. Better than the alternative.

Aw, man... I had finally blocked that out of my mind...
especially the episode where he practically machine guns them out off screen

...I can't wait to see how Happiness Charge is with my own eyes.

Happiness Charge! Precure 01

I'm really, really curious about why the Precure are a thing the general public knows about (considering most the cure teams remain rather unknown. Dokidoki was really the only one to do the public hero thing.

Also, Nagisa. Can you like... sneak into the show? I'd totally be up for this being in the same vein as Gokaiger or Decade. Not likely to happen, but still.

Other than that, it was really a fun episode. Although using clothing to make people suffer/happy?
SOMEONE CALL NUDIST BEACH

Has Precure ever reached the level of brutality in Sailor Moon? Dont think its ever gotten that grimdark.

While there were general dark themes in Fresh Precure, there was a lot of
Cure Moonlight suffering, to the point that she's the only Cure who doesn't get a happy ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom