• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happiness Charge! Precure 01

I'm really, really curious about why the Precure are a thing the general public knows about (considering most the cure teams remain rather unknown. Dokidoki was really the only one to do the public hero thing.

Also, Nagisa. Can you like... sneak into the show? I'd totally be up for this being in the same vein as Gokaiger or Decade. Not likely to happen, but still.

Other than that, it was really a fun episode. Although using clothing to make people suffer/happy?
SOMEONE CALL NUDIST BEACH

Smile was probably the only team that was actually unknown. The existence of Precures varied for seasons, and the Fresh Precures were also widely known.

CorvoSol

It would likely be a pretty popular show to discuss due to its relatively "safe" nature regarding people who wont touch this thread with a 100 foot pole yet somehow like anime enough to admit it.

Right, but on the other hand the Light Novels ended 3 years ago, the Manga ended last year, and the anime ended before Barack Obama was POTUS. I just wonder if it won't be a bit odd to make a community or OT or whatever for something that seems to be basically entirely done with. I'm almost certain the first page would contain folks excited like it was an announcement of a new season, and I couldn't bring myself to do that to people.

Oh man we thought it was contained to Japan, Arkansas and Biblical verse, we thought wrong.

Articalys

I still have no idea how Funimation initially managed to screw up that Death Note reference in No-Rin. It's probably the single most memetically well-known line in the series.

By the way, it seems they went back and fixed all the other subtitle errors from previous episodes too.

survivor

Banned
Oniisama e 3
h8JEBYP.png
You know what, Nanako deserves what happened to her in this episode. She fell for the easiest trick in the book.

I'm finding myself laughing a lot while watching these episodes so far and I really can't tell if it's unintentional humour or if it's supposed to be hilarious.

Minerva fan?

Have I ever told you you have good taste?
NO you didn't tell me ..

But i knew ..

she better be there for S2...

Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda 4

wat

This week's plot was a little too bizarre for my liking. Between that creepy flashback and the sanity-defying climax, it all felt rather like some kind of twisted metaphor, but I'll be damned if I know what for >.>

Kate continues to be a miracle though, so it's all okay. She didn't even transform at all in this episode, so we were treated to her superior civilian form all the way through. I'm beginning to think that my previous estimates of her cuteness levels were actually under the mark, because today I was reading 600 mKn from her at the very least. She's practically breaking the goddamn scale.

So jealous of the MC who got to carry her for a good portion of the episode. >.<
i have to admit that her everyday clothes is the superior design
The following is cnet , when he sleeps :

omg this looks/sounds really good. I'm kind of tempted to just check it out, but I'm a stubborn bastard and refuse to break my "I will watch Precure chronologically" vow.

Must...catch up...faster...

You're in yes! gogo , right ?
I dunno how you will manage that because after "gogo" i had to take a break ..yeah the entire yes! saga took too much of my energy. Hurry up and finish "gogo" so you can watch the superior saga "fresh" and the legendary season "heartcatch"

Your suffering is almost over.

cnet128

Banned
She...lost her smile? Ran a cabal of idols with disproportionate political power backstage? Was fucked up on drugs for a long while, then found Jesus, cleaned up, and came out of retirement? Has a hunting show now?

The first one.

Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! 32

Okay, it's official, Momoi-san is definitely the best villain of this series. Not only does he go to the trouble of approaching the Cures in human form to make things more interesting, he's now even gone and turned an episode into "Honey, I Shrunk The Cures". And with a whole colony of ant Hoshiina to battle, no less! Plus he's just fabulous in general. Can't complain.

She...lost her smile? Ran a cabal of idols with disproportionate political power backstage? Was fucked up on drugs for a long while, then found Jesus, cleaned up, and came out of retirement? Has a hunting show now?

Well she lost her smile. The rest is still to come. Or maybe we just don't know about it yet and her old friends from the idol clique will show up soon.

cajunator

Banned
NO you didn't tell me ..

But i knew ..

she better be there for S2...

i have to admit that her everyday clothes is the superior design

You're in yes! gogo , right ?
I dunno how you will manage that because after "gogo" i had to take a break ..yeah the entire yes! saga took too much of my energy. Hurry up and finish "gogo" so you can watch the superior saga "fresh" and the legendary season "heartcatch"

Your suffering is almost over.

Agreed. Kate > Venera outfitwise. So much cute there. I watch the yawning gif every day.

Hopefully this doesnt hype people up only to disappoint.

Well we actually have a good writer, so there's some hope at least.

What happened to them? You can tell me just spoiler tag it.

cnet don't even quote this

Well it's not necessarily the Cures. It's more on the lines of:

Right at the beginning, you see Moonlight fighting Dark Precure, and due to the exchange, she loses her powers. It is a scene that is referred to because it is the reason everything is going on in the present. The other reason for the scene, is that Moonlight lost her powers, due to being cocky, because her fairy protected her and was killed right in front of her, shattering her will to fight. That, and the combination of not knowing where her father was also ruined her relation with her mother.

Fast forward to the end. Moonlight finds her father, who was responsible for Dark Precure, making Dark Precure her test tube sister, basically. So two sisters were forced to fight to the death, and... Moonlight won. Her father actually embraced Dark Precure one last time before she dies for good. Her father embraced the test tube baby instead of his own daughter, and then got himself killed right in front of her in order to save her from Dune's attack. And all three of them remained dead. No revivals. And all she got was the affections of a 12 year old boy. No onscreen relationship repairs with her mother. Not exactly a happy end.

cajunator

Banned
Well we actually have a good writer, so there's some hope at least.

cnet don't even quote this

Well it's not necessarily the Cures. It's more on the lines of:

Right at the beginning, you see Moonlight fighting Dark Precure, and due to the exchange, she loses her powers. It is a scene that is referred to because it is the reason everything is going on in the present. The other reason for the scene, is that Moonlight lost her powers, due to being cocky, because her fairy protected her and was killed right in front of her, shattering her will to fight. That, and the combination of not knowing where her father was also ruined her relation with her mother.

Fast forward to the end. Moonlight finds her father, who was responsible for Dark Precure, making Dark Precure her test tube sister, basically. So two sisters were forced to fight to the death, and... Moonlight won. Her father actually embraced Dark Precure one last time before she dies for good. Her father embraced the test tube baby instead of his own daughter, and then got himself killed right in front of her in order to save her from Dune's attack. And all three of them remained dead. No revivals. And all she got was the affections of a 12 year old boy. No onscreen relationship repairs with her mother. Not exactly a happy end.

Holy shit thats up there...
might have to watch that one. Eventually
like two years from now

Midonin

They're spelling out "Welcome!" ("Oidemase!") and one guy realizes he's in the wrong spot with the wrong card, spelling "Go in!" (Itekomase!), as in "Put it in!"

Edit: It's explained much better below.

cnet128

Banned
Sorry for this, but anyone mind explaining this sequence/joke?

4u9oOL1l.jpg

wjWlliCl.jpg

eIMvCU9l.jpg

It's not particularly funny. In the first one the message they're holding up reads "itekomase", a crude dialect word meaning something like "beat 'em up!" (because ho ho ho, they're yakuza, so they have to say crude things). By knocking the guy with the "ko" out of the picture and adding an "o" at the start (and revealing the part of one card that was covered up, turning the "te" into a "de") it becomes "oidemase" meaning "welcome!"

&#8230;Now here, have a gif of Cure Lemonade rolling.

ibuuPPOYLQzbJc.gif

Ace of Diamond: Episode 17
BfbyLtoIAAA759G.png

Faces was great and as hilarious looking as they were in the manga, glad it wasnt messed up. Kind of wished one of the still scenes hadnt been a still scene :( but it was flashback.

Furuya not putting it in deep for Miyuki was disappointing but it was my favorite of this affair.
Sawamura double play along with that music and how they had his hand in front of the sun even to blind the batter was excellent. I hope for many more matches

Midonin

Lemon Angel Project 11

Poor Miru. Finding out that the one who inspired you to become an idol was a fake is heartbreaking. I've been growing to like Miru over the past few episodes, so seeing her break down like this was sad. The reason why the first Lemon Angel was revived was also a bit surprising.
MIki did it. For revenge on Himuro. Complete with a thunderclap timed to her announcement.

Real idols vs fake idols! I welcome this return to the sci-fi-ish elements of the first few episodes.

Heysoos

They're spelling out "Welcome!" ("Oidemase!") and one guy realizes he's in the wrong spot with the wrong card, spelling "Go in!" (Itekomase!), as in "Put it in!"

Edit: It's explained much better below.

It's not particularly funny. In the first one the message they're holding up reads "itekomase", a crude dialect word meaning something like "beat 'em up!" (because ho ho ho, they're yakuza, so they have to say crude things). By knocking the guy with the "ko" out of the picture and adding an "o" at the start (and revealing the part of one card that was covered up, turning the "te" into a "de") it becomes "oidemase" meaning "welcome!"

Thanks! I figured it was something dumb, but it caught my eye.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Happiness Charge Precure - 01

Oh, we back. Definitely getting HeartCatch vibes with the facial expressions and energy that was jam packed in this pilot. Absolutely in love with the transformation music, those soft vocals are such a nice touch! And fucking finally we got a leader who when first presented with their transformation device is literally "Oh I know about this, let's fucking do it!" instead of the trademark "I don't really get what you're saying, but here we go?!"

And Cure Fortune seems like a total bitch. YES.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Happiness Charge Precure - 01

Oh, we back. Definitely getting HeartCatch vibes with the facial expressions and energy that was jam packed in this pilot. Absolutely in love with the transformation music, those soft vocals are such a nice touch! And fucking finally we got a leader who when first presented with their transformation device is literally "Oh I know about this, let's fucking do it!" instead of the trademark "I don't really get what you're saying, but here we go?!"

And Cure Fortune seems like a total bitch. YES.

Surprised that you didn't comment on the fact that the OP has Hime protecting the garden.

hacha1-2-1d0yfy.gif

Be careful, this season might leave you in tears if Seiji is as prominent as the OP makes him appear.

Link Man

Banned
Right, but on the other hand the Light Novels ended 3 years ago, the Manga ended last year, and the anime ended before Barack Obama was POTUS. I just wonder if it won't be a bit odd to make a community or OT or whatever for something that seems to be basically entirely done with. I'm almost certain the first page would contain folks excited like it was an announcement of a new season, and I couldn't bring myself to do that to people.
Make it a lttp or rttp thread.

Surprised that you didn't comment on the fact that the OP has Hime protecting the garden.

hacha1-2-1d0yfy.gif

Be careful, this season might leave you in tears if Seiji is as prominent as the OP makes him appear.

Hime did many things that made it seem like she wanted to protect the garden.

Will say Seiji sounds a hell of a lot manlier than I expected though.

Midonin

How important is it that I watch Chaos Head before Stein's Gate?

I watched all three, and while Chaos;Head wasn't perfect (it was written by Toshiki Inoue, he has a few... quirks), I'm still very grateful for it for getting me into the Science Adventure series in the first place. The atmosphere at least was carried off very well.

I also like R;N too, largely for Aki and her amazing energy. The Science Adventure series as a whole is one of my favorites. A nice mix of otaku elements and sci-fi stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom