• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

fa11460obkrk.gif

Fire Emblem feet

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Akiba's trip the animation 1
Beautiful filth. It was fun in a similar way to Keijo. The abimation is surprisingly good too.

Jintor

Has nobody done a Manga or Anime where theres a school full of main characters? Not even a short running gag Manga?

I'd read that. Imagine, the lead character joins a school as a transfer student, he bumps into a girl on the way there. He joins the class and the girl and him go eeeeeeeeh as they point at each other. Then they ask him to take a seat and he wants to sit next to the window by the back, but every chair is next to a window and at the back with every chair being taken by a detailed character looking out the window.

Then another transfer student joins in and the girl and him go eeeeeeeeh. That's when it's revealed every student in the class was a transfer student that joined that day. When they go to lunch to eat in the roof, every single student is in the roof.

Id read a one shot over that.

I saw a Tumblr comic about a teacher of the class where every main character was.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
rewatching bake

i can't decide between crab and cat anymore

send halp

Jintor

I'm shooting ahead with the Toradora rewatch because I have work tomorrow (and the marathon bug hit me hard), but I'll be back with the effortposts and analysis tomorrow

MSMrRound

Finally got around to watching Symphogear. The whole concept of music equals power ain't new to me, but damm this be crazy\entertaining.

Hoo boy. Enjoy.

There are many out there that said that Symphogear is a series that's pretty easy to marathon through.

Welcome to the Symphogear ride.

Jex

rewatching bake

send halp

I think you're starting to see the light, Haly-chan. The light of Cat.

Kizumonogatari II is pro-Cat propaganda designed to lead people in the right direction.

TrueBlue

So, what's the AnimeGAF consensus on shows so far. Interview with Monster Girls seems to have had a positive reception, and I still need to watch Rakugo S1 before jumping in. Anything else?

So, what's the AnimeGAF consensus on shows so far. Interview with Monster Girls seems to have had a positive reception, and I still need to watch Rakugo S1 before jumping in. Anything else?

Season is still just starting. ACCA could be good, in pair of days it will start, same with Onihei. Little Witch Academy will air later in some hours, I think?

Jintor

Jesus, Toradora's ending series really is just a rolling burst of emotional climaxes that hit so quickly and so fast you don't have time without reflection to think "wait this is intensely melodramatic"

Does anybody remember watching it as it aired? I've only ever seen it as a marathon, but the last 6 episodes or so are just a fucking non-stop blast of punching you in the stomach over and over again

Jintor

Done with the Toradora rewatch.

Hell, I think I like it more after the rewatch. The first time through that ending sequence can falter a little, but with the benefit of analysing all that comes before it, it actually gains a little more power.

Analysis to come.

Chain Chronicle - Haecceitas no Hikari 01

Oh look Garon from Fire Emblem Fates and the Hero from Maoyuu Yuusha found other work doing the exact same thing they did in those other properties.
Except this Hero sucks and lost to the final boss and is now a broken man.

Jarmel

Banned
Done with the Toradora rewatch.

Hell, I think I like it more after the rewatch. The first time through that ending sequence can falter a little, but with the benefit of analysing all that comes before it, it actually gains a little more power.

Analysis to come.

Yea I think I liked it more on rewatch as well, mainly because you can see where certain plot points are going and how they're set up in advance.

Aki-at

Chain Chronicle - 2

Eh yeah I think I might be done with this show, having an anime original character come in and be all super powered and taking the limelight from the game characters (Like the whole Pheona's food being trash running joke is ruined because of Aram) is enough to irk me. The fighting is pretty well done though but other than that it it lacks anything else to make me want to come back to the series.

Persona 4: Golden

70 hours in and I finally completed this game!

Wait what THERE'S MORE ARGH, I want to get back to watching anime instead of playing anime...

Great normal plot but falls apart at the end because I hate the trope of JRPG final bosses trying to be all deep and meaningful by throwing gibberish at you.

Oh look Garon from Fire Emblem Fates and the Hero from Maoyuu Yuusha found other work doing the exact same thing they did in those other properties.
Except this Hero sucks and lost to the final boss and is now a broken man.

That never happened in the game too, I was hoping it was going to be about the hero going on a journey and picking people up along the way but this goes in a completely different route and we even lose the comic relief :(

I mean, who'd want to watch a true adaptation after all? Crazy thinking that!

Maybe you're not used to the concept of limited animation.It can be jarring coming from something animated on 1s but it's been it's own approach for awhile now and endemic in anime. Old sakuga panel iso vid might help illustrate where some are coming from here.
It's no surprise to see Eva here, but coming from GITS 1995 just last week and seeing it here again put a smile on my face. It's not just this scene, the whole movie is filled with fluid animation that you don't typically see these days. Every time she fiddled with the AR and you saw its bits and parts moving as they should, I nerded out a little. I'm not even a Gun's enthusiast (more like the complete opposite) but watching it all in motion was simply beautiful. Let's not even forget the fights throughout the entire thing or simple talking scenes with tiny bits of expression and facial movement that absolutely murder shows being made these days.

I need to continue watching this series too. Maybe today I'll get to the second movie.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Is 'Interviews with Monsters Girls' legit or should I ignore ANN?

Legit.
The adaptation fleshing out each character by adding additional scene. The theme is a more grounded take on how monster girl adapt in modern environment. I like it a lot personally.

There's one scene where the dullahan girl joke about how she's having a hard time in a bus since she need to carry her head, and her friend immediately change topic since they don't want to offend her. Yeah, this is cool.

rewatching bake

send halp

Just flip a coin, this is a case where both of them are the correct choice.
Or, why not both?

So, do we have any confirmation about LWA and how it will be distributed on Netflix outside of Japan?

No. Netflix doesn't announce their anime streaming plans in advance, so expect LWA to follow the same pattern as their previous shows and be dropped on international Netflix as batches at the end of each cour.

Qurupeke

No. Netflix doesn't announce their anime streaming plans in advance, so expect LWA to follow the same pattern as their previous shows and be dropped on international Netflix as batches at the end of each cour.
I see, too bad. Kind of hoped they'd change that this time, but it was probably wishful thinking more than anything.
Also worth mentioning LWA is not split cour.

Spring is way too loaded.

Why is the next season always the best season?

I see, too bad. Kind of hoped they'd change that this time, but it was probably wishful thinking more than anything.

Why is the next season always the best season?
Next season is obviously going to be the best season. It's when the AOTY, My Hero Academia s2, will air.

Jarmel

Banned
I only see like 4 or 5 things I wanna check out, which is WAY less than this season.

I have 3 maybe 4 shows this season, some of which I would have dropped in a busier season. Next season I have 10 shows that I have a significant interest in. That's not even including any surprise dark horses.

Sölf

Chain Chronicles 1
Well, that's pretty generic but still somewhat cool so far. I would love the series infenitly more if the story just continues from now on and we won't get a flashback as to how this whole alliance thing was formed and everyone met. Can anyone who has seen the movie tell me if that happens?

Seiren Ep. 1

Been months since I last watched an anime so I felt like trying something lighthearted and cute. Seiren, so far, seems to be fitting the bill. Also, teacher route when?

Interviews with Monsters Girls 01

You are in the wrong medium, girl! You are still going to be sexualized.

Decentish comfy SoL of girls doing... uh... talking to a teacher, with some very light comedy bits. Not my thing, I won't continue it.

Aki-at

Sölf;227878305 said:
Chain Chronicles 1
Well, that's pretty generic but still somewhat cool so far. I would love the series infenitly more if the story just continues from now on and we won't get a flashback as to how this whole alliance thing was formed and everyone met. Can anyone who has seen the movie tell me if that happens?

Episode 1 is just the movie cut into a television epsiode.

And yes as far as I can see there is (sadly) no flashbacks to when the characters meet. This very much seems to be Aram's story rather than the volunteer army.

what is this ?

Sega having no idea how to adapt their own series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom