• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I forgot to count one of the threads for Regulus where only had 10 posts, good thing I double checked.

11 - 20.

Xx46d.png

Hey man, if you keep going... I'l eventually show up.

Don't do it!

This sounds suspiciously like one of those pairing names that shippers create.

It was a cold and stormy Saturday evening as Cajunator found himself sitting in his living room alone browsing neogaf. He was wanting to escape the dreary environment by focusing extensively on communicating with friends online. As he looked and saw Jexhius posts suddenly stop appearing, he started to panic. Jexhius was a valued friend and rival he had as he was on a quest to quickly rise to the top of the coveted position on the anime board on the thread. To suddenly have his trusted companion not post anymore started to send shivers down his spine. How could he survive in a world without such a precious person? What could he even do without him? And worst, without his presence, he'd feel lonely.

As if sensing his emotions, an act of god, lightning, suddenly struck nearby. Cajunator was shocked and started to tumble out his chair. Fortunately, Jexhius reached his hand out, gently catching Cajunator in a loving and warm embrace. Cajunator's heart instantly skipped several beats as a smile crept on his face as he stared into Jexhius gorgeous eyes. Jexhius stared back intensely too, grinning from ear to ear as if he had just received the greatest gift that anyone could receive. He began to lean ever so closer to Cajunator. Unconsciously, Cajunator began to lean closer as he finally was able to see the expression of Jexhius that he has always wanted to see. Their faces were mere centimeters apart and the next thing Jexhius knew, he felt contact. Not simple contact but more like if a feather from a heavenly angel had graced his lips. The moment was one that he wished had lasted a lifetime and for Cajunator it was like an ultimate showcase of their undying friendship, trust, admiration, and bond between one another. With this, the kiss grew in intensity until somehow they found themselves digging into each others clothes, throwing them off while toppling over the chair and then...

With this they swore to never leave one another again and to continue to strive to reach their domination goals.

Syrinx

Ami's First Love

Ami falling for a guy she never met?
SDBurton nightmare scenario!
lmao at the transformation and attack. Entire budget spent on that!
Hilarious stuff. What's amusing is I do sort of imagine love hitting her just like that too.

He probably enjoys that Rei/Makoto shot. What's going on there, anyway?

I forgot to count one of the threads for Regulus where only had 10 posts, good thing I double checked.

11 - 20.

Xx46d.png

Fun fact: Envelope has the same amount of posts (204) in two different threads.

Mwahahah!

Second-tier character! Or part of the characters that don't get illustrated in a character popularity spread and instead get shoved into a list in the corner.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Specials 4-6

I want more of this show :(

The short with the pranks was good, hahaha.

Kokoro Connect 14

This was a really strong episode, serving as a particularly excellent opening for the concluding arc, as it explored an insight into several aspects of
Iori’s foreshadowed characterization
, as well as the struggles that have appeared in regards to her partially illusive
“love” for Taichi
. Although I rather enjoyed the previous arc, it was definitely inconsistent in quality, never quite reaching the heights of the first arc, since it was quite restrained in it’s storytelling. On the other hand, the “phenomenon” of this arc, along with the first, has considerable potential for producing some of the most compelling developments, and, though a
transmission of emotions
is somewhat contrived, it, similar to the majority of the other "gimmicks", hasn’t become a significant flaw.

Taichi’s
introspective narration
during the opening sequence was quite intriguing, as it immediately established the subtly melancholic tone that would permeate the rest of the episode. Though rather believable, it did somewhat appear that
Taichi’s confession to Iori
was potentially, for the most part, a desire for him to act on
an emotion that he wasn’t entirely convinced of
, instead appearing to partially be a
necessary obligation
. Thankfully,
she rejected him
, since their
relationship
had always felt devoid of any particularly
romantic inclinations
, due, in large part, to their seemingly
artificial interactions

My favorite sequence was
Iori‘s emotional collapse of sorts
, as she
internally lashed out at the others
, since it essentially depicted the unexpected culmination of
Iori’s emotional fragility
, and, combined with the unintentional reveal of
Taichi’s confession to Iori
, though predictable, these two developments created the most emotional moment in the episode, as it illuminated
Iori’s hidden and rather cruel thoughts
, while also illustrating a considerably sympathetic element of
Inaba’s temporarily pained emotions
. The ending was quite interesting, as it alluded to a heightened focus on
Aoki
as well throughout this arc, or, at the very least, an elevated prevalence of
Yui and Aoki’s
relationship.

Inaba continues to be my favorite character, by far, as she possesses the most likable and intriguing personality. As such, I loved the numerous elements of
Inaba’s relationship with Taichi
that were filtered into this episode, such as her
telepathic confession of love for Taichi
or their
interactions at the park
, as it allows for a more natural portrayal of their
romantic progression
. Of course, though significantly foreshadowed prior to this episode, it’s becoming increasingly evident that
Inaba and Taichi
are slowly developing into the central relationship within the story, which is thoroughly fantastic.

Kokoro Connect 15

Though not as impressive as the last, this was a pretty good episode, as it further delved into the complexities of
Iori’s internal complications
, as well as the difficulties that the
rest of the group were facing in their attempts to understand her
, which became slightly repetitious, but not too overtly so. The dramatic elements that were heavily interspersed throughout the episode, though seemingly contrived at certain moments, were consistently effective, due, in large part, to the relatively skillful execution of this episode, as it possessed a certain balance that really elevated several scenes. The humorous moments throughout this episode were thoroughly effective in lightening the atmosphere, much to the episode’s benefit. As such, the entire conversation between
Taichi and his sister
was particularly amusing, though equally disturbing.

Iori’s
well-constructed façade
has been considerably
fractured, as she finally rids herself of the manufactured emotions that she had been displaying for so long
, which was an excellent development, and hopefully one that’s partially permanent. Of course, this transition within
her personality
has been meticulously developed from the start, allowing for an exceptionally satisfying portrayal of her nuanced development and the complex characterization that is composed of an abundance of fragmentary emotions. This, in turn, has directly compelled her into a sort of
emotionally detached isolation
, since she has consistently felt a
naïve inclination towards solely indulging one aspect of her emotions
, rather than the entirety of them. She essentially needs
someone that would appreciate every element of her personality
, but, at the very least, it certainly seems that
Taichi
doesn't fully possess the ability to understand
her seemingly contrasting sensibilities
. Though excessively
cold and uncaring
, Iori’s newly-realized,
brutally honest personality
seems to be a far more suitable one, so I’m hoping she retains the
core elements of this characterization
, which appears quite likely, since reverting her necessary
development
would be detrimental to the established narrative.

Inaba was, once again, fantastic in this episode, most evident in her often amusing, but occasionally
romantic interactions with Taichi
, such as their
conversation in the restaurant
Taichi and Inaba’s
relationship is the best and most engaging aspect of the narrative, due partially to their
immense chemistry
, as well as their subtly illustrated
emotional connection
, wonderfully accentuated by their
conversation at the park
in the last episode or their wonderfully natural interactions in this one, which consistently serve to highlight how well
they complement one another
. As such, these intermittent touches of
romance within their established dynamic
throughout the beginning of this arc have subtly developed
their relationship
in a manner that’s exceedingly satisfying.

The direction throughout this episode was occasionally superb, but largely stale. This episode was very well-paced, balancing a plethora of dramatic elements with an infusion of relatively effective comedy. Musically, this episode was quite good, but partially unspectacular, save for the melancholic selection that was used throughout
Iori and Inaba's final confrontation
. The OP was decent, but not particularly memorable. The ED was pretty good, but definitely the worst, and nowhere close to the brilliance of the last one. However, I did like that the ED essentially visualizes
Iori’s isolation

All in all, though, at times, needlessly dramatic, Kokoro Connect has satisfied immensely with the first two episodes of this concluding arc. The narrative has become considerably more compelling, since this particular arc is drawing upon a plethora of foreshadowed elements within
Iori’s surprisingly complex development
. I’m really looking forward to the final two episodes, so hopefully they will provide a satisfying conclusion to one of the most impressive surprises of the year.

My god, I just laugh. But seriously, you keep watching and buying anime and read manga increasingly and I recall you're still studying. How the fuck do you managed to keep it balance.

Usually can read manga during class/work, sometimes watch stuff at work. Otherwise I guess I just somehow find lots of free time.

cajunator

Banned
By the way, I post on other forums too.
I have 70,000 posts on a couple of them.
I just love me some posting!
This has been one of the best though if Im honest.
This anime communuty is easily the best Ive encountered since Sekai no Hajimari, and thats a Haibane Renmei fansite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom