• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Via the Kill la Kill thread, this is an actual thing on Crunchyroll's page for the series.
umqVVOn.png
Seriously, what the hell happened with English subtitle production for this show?

Toradora 19
large.jpg

Hmmmmmm.

Ryuji is too nice to a fault. And so is everyone else apparently. Also a sad moment that I actually burst out laughing at and now feel like a jerk (but it's the shows fault). It was of course the part where Ryuji
comments that he thinks he got "shot down" and then immediately after he says that the happy go lucky song going "Well it's Christmas!!" broke out
. I just started laughing really hard.

Next few episodes should be interesting. No feels yet. I got a little sad and felt bad at certain parts but they were usually over so quick that no feels were felt.

Necrovex

How bad is the censorship in HxH 2011? I checked out the first few pages of the OT, and people seemed to freak out about it in the first few pages.

Should I also skip HXH 11 and watch the original version then skip to the point where the new animation starts in the remade version?

Episode 3 was also eh.

Via the Kill la Kill thread, this is an actual thing on Crunchyroll's page for the series.

Seriously, what the hell happened with English subtitle production for this show?

Has anyone ever thought maybe the Japanese license holders are forcing the English subs to be delayed, especially after Madman had one of the episodes leak before the actual airing in Japan? Crunchyroll is not the only legal streaming site that has the English sub delays. Daisuki and Aniplex Channel/Hulu are delayed as well.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 27

Hmm. Racist elephants. Didn't see that coming.

Okay for real though Hana-chan playing the accordion on the elephant was like one of the most adorable things ever.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sakura Trick - 10

And suddenly Kaede figures out how close Haruka and Yuu really are. Hopefully this will serve as some sort of motivator on her own part to start courting Yuzu. It's obvious that she's open at the idea of exploring that kind of relationship with her so I hope it works out.

Crocodile

I just thought I should mention that this episode's events were spoiled on the OP from the very start.
If you remember the OP features JoJo putting on Ceasar's Bandana and screaming and then Ceasar disappears from the OP.
YOU'VE BEEN PLAYED.

Yeah I noticed that like the second or third time I saw the OP. I was like "did I really see what I think I just saw?!"

How bad is the censorship in HxH 2011? I checked out the first few pages of the OT, and people seemed to freak out about it in the first few pages.

Should I also skip HXH 11 and watch the original version then skip to the point where the new animation starts in the remade version?

Episode 3 was also eh.

Only during a couple of episode , it then get back to normal very quickly ..

duckroll

Has anyone ever thought maybe the Japanese license holders are forcing the English subs to be delayed, especially after Madman had one of the episodes leak before the actual airing in Japan? Crunchyroll is not the only legal streaming site that has the English sub delays. Daisuki and Aniplex Channel/Hulu are delayed as well.

No because that makes no sense. If they're afraid of it being leaked, it wouldn't be up at all. But you can watch it on Daisuki on time, just without English subtitles. That shows that the show being put up is not their concern. It's clearly a production delay like they say, no conspiracy. The English subtitles all come from the same place, so of course all the sites are delayed when it's not available.

Toradora 20
toradora20-01.jpg

"No. We can't stay like this forever."

Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhh. Foreshadowing. Nice.

Also Ami is a douche. That is all. Onto next episode.

What the fuck is up with the class in Another? This kid wants to know the truth and like nobody tells him. Then bad shit happens and they're all "maybe we should tell him" and nobody does. And then more bad shit happens. And they're all "follow the rules". But nobody tells him the fucking rules. LIKE. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Wutchcraft Works - 11
Doppeldanger fight should have been longer
Medusa appearance should have been longer
Church fight should have been longer

Arc is fine , too bad it ends next episode

Up until the end the Cg in witchcraft works would have annoyed me ..

CorvoSol

What the fuck is up with the class in Another? This kid wants to know the truth and like nobody tells him. Then bad shit happens and they're all "maybe we should tell him" and nobody does. And then more bad shit happens. And they're all "follow the rules". But nobody tells him the fucking rules. LIKE. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Sounds like anime logic to me.

Maken-Ki! Two 10

Twintail Aki NSFWx2 is a miracle of the universe.

Thank you based Xebec for such a wonderful season.

Praise them for focusing on the only reason to watch this series. Glory to all those tits and asses and panties and co-splay and the other provocative scenes that are only one step away from full blow hentai. Didn't even come for those yuri scenes, but hell I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy those moments as well.

And yes, I do believe it was a wonderful season. A majority of the episodes were enjoyable with some like the in heat kitties, amnesia Haruka, and the awesome teddy bear being my personal highlights of the season. Only one I didn't exactly enjoy was the episode focusing on the yuri girl, but even then I got a sadist ninja out of it.

Easily the best part though was the absence of any story. I'll willing to take any flack for ushering that comment, but there was literally no need to have wasted time on some shitty plot no one would honestly care about. Actually consider this to be one of the major reasons why I think the second season improves on the first.

8/10 Great. I came for the fanserivce, and I got my fanservice. BDs will be mine.

No because that makes no sense. If they're afraid of it being leaked, it wouldn't be up at all. But you can watch it on Daisuki on time, just without English subtitles. That shows that the show being put up is not their concern. It's clearly a production delay like they say, no conspiracy. The English subtitles all come from the same place, so of course all the sites are delayed when it's not available.

Why can't it make sense? I have not heard Aniplex stating one way or the other on the matter for why the English subs are delayed, and for that matter almost always a 12hr delay. When was the last time the KLK English subs were actually on time?

Kansoku

It's especially bad after you discover what it is.

CorvoSol

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 5

You know, if Burn Notice were a mecha anime, I imagine it would be a lot like VOTOMs. Anyway, I really liked that Chirico had a good reason for saying "God is dead." The horrible flashbacks to the places where he lost his faith in everything really sold it. Contrast this to Setsuna Fucktard Seiei who somehow gets away with saying there is no God and then turning around and venerating Gundams as if they were Gods. Not that I expect a Gundam show to handle any subject, let alone one like religion, in any way bordering on good, let alone a shit-stain series like 00.

Also I love that the two dopey sidekicks' names are Vanilla and Coco. It makes no real sense but it's hilarious.

I wonder how many large forces of elite dudes Chirico has to take out before the bad guys realize that they've bitten off more than they can chew.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Maken-Ki! Two 10

Praise them for focusing on the only reason to watch this series. Glory to all those tits and asses and panties and co-splay and the other provocative scenes that are only one step away from full blow hentai. Didn't even come for those yuri scenes, but hell I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy those moments as well.

And yes, I do believe it was a wonderful season. A majority of the episodes were enjoyable with some like the in heat kitties, amnesia Haruka, and the awesome teddy bear being my personal highlights of the season. Only one I didn't exactly enjoy was the episode focusing on the yuri girl, but even then I got a sadist ninja out of it.

Easily the best part though was the absence of any story. I'll willing to take any flack for ushering that comment, but there was literally no need to have wasted time on some shitty plot no one would honestly care about. Actually consider this to be one of the major reasons why I think the second season improves on the first.

8/10 Great. I came for the fanserivce, and I got my fanservice. BDs will be mine.

Oh shit this season only had 10 episodes? :(

Oh well, BDs COME TO ME!!

Episode 3 was also eh.

The censorship is whatever. It was a minor issue in the beginning, but completely disappeared later on. Once you get to the first really good arc, it's not a problem at all.

Branduil

What did I tell you about the writing in this series?

Maken-Ki! Two 10

Just watched this episode as well and i must admit that i agree with you... Maken-ki was better when i was just fanservice & comedy ..but i still regret the fact that we didn't get an episode with the other set of girlsi don't know why we couldn't have both ...

This episode showing how the first team was formed was a nice way to end this season ..this was enjoyable to a good degree ... not sure i'll get the blu-ray but ...heck i'll probably get the blu-ray as well.

Toradora 21
toradora_21_02.jpg

Okay I am not one to curse, or rather I try to avoid cursing because usually there are better descriptors for feelings and situations. But there isn't for this one. And that is... fuck Ami. Seriously she can go screw herself. There are times when I think "oh she's just misunderstood" but screw her for messing with everyone like that. Glad
Minorin got upset and slapped the shit out of her

Ending was sad enough.
Ryuji now knows Taiga loves him
. Now everything should come full circle. All I know is that hearts are breaking in the next few episodes.

Can somebody answer how the Another pie joke started? Google isn't helping. It seems like somebody decided to make it about pies, then all of a sudden pies were everywhere.

duckroll

Why can't it make sense? I have not heard Aniplex stating one way or the other on the matter for why the English subs are delayed, and for that matter almost always a 12hr delay. When was the last time the KLK English subs were actually on time?

I think either ep20 or ep21 was on time. It varies. It's a production issue. They had the same problem with Valvrave S2 last season, where it was delayed every single week towards the end. There are various other shows on CR and from Aniplex which gets delayed here and there. There was a week Hozuki was delayed. There are a few weeks now where Magi is delayed. This isn't really a new thing. I guess it's a new thing for people who specifically watch KLK and nothing else.

cajunator

Banned
Inari Konkon 10
A very sweet but sort of expected ending. I wonder if the older brother can still see her

ruD.gif

hnnnnnnnggghhhhh

Yet another worthless licensed show that isn't Hyouka.

Mondaiji is better than Hyouka silly.

When people say Yamada I automatically think of the main heroine in B Gata H Kei. Man that show was a riot.

oh god. B Gata H Kei is hilarious. Absolutely recommend it.

I got into anime because I watched Chobits and Ah! My Goddess, so I guess everybody's way into anime is different.
Or maybe it's just me.

Good ones.

There wasn't a "back into" anime for me but Hidamari Sketch and K-On got me settled in.

of course these are excellent gateway animes that created a fan for life.

I was never "out" of anime. Scrubs!

Same. Watching anime since 1999 continuously. Possibly a bit earlier.

Branduil

Can somebody answer how the Another pie joke started? Google isn't helping. It seems like somebody decided to make it about pies, then all of a sudden pies were everywhere.

You might as well ask "why do memes exist?" Someone obviously got the idea to shop a pie onto an Another .gif and then things progressed from there.

Episode 3 was also eh.

Hunter x Hunter's censorship is pretty flowery and pretty (unlike say, To-Love Ru Darkness), but over time, censorship goes down thanks to the fact that it changed its time slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom