• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluWacky

Slight confusion - is it a 1 cour "highlights" package version of Psycho Pass in July followed by season 2 and the movie in October/winter? It went too fast for me to read and the Psycho Pass website hasn't updated yet.

Edit: - ah, as per the show's Twitter feed, it's a new cut with some additional scenes.

duckroll

April 2014 = Ping Pong / Nanana's Buried Treasure

Summer 2014 = Terror in Tokyo / Psycho-Pass Remix

Fall 2014 = Psycho-Pass 2 / Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Winter 2015 = Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata / Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Winter movie = Psycho-Pass Movie

duckroll

And the final announcement is the second 2015 noitaminA movie - Project Itoh. It's an original film inspired by the life of scifi writer Satoshi Ito. Seems kinda mysterious.

BluWacky

Plot summary from the Terror in Tokyo website:

One summer day, a sudden large scale terrorist bombing hits Tokyo.

The ones who awoke this peaceful city from her slumbers were two young men.

A game, played by these culprits known as "Sphinxes", is about to begin - a game that will swallow the whole of Japan...

Sounds very Eden of the East to me, particularly with main characters known as "Nine" and "Twelve"...

raven777

Why not just watch the new and "improved" version airing in July? It's shorter, and might actually be better!

Well maybe they will sub the remix version so you could watch that. Doubt those of us who already watched it will benefit from it though.

well I am not usually a fan of remix versions (especially when they cut out stuff) Was there lots of bad/unnecessary contents from the original? The original was 22 episodes and recut is 11 episodes?

duckroll

well I am not usually a fan of remix versions (especially when they cut out stuff) Was there lots of bad/unnecessary contents from the original? The original was 22 episodes and recut is 11 episodes?

To be honest, I don't even think there were 11 good episodes of Psycho-Pass. Lol.

BluWacky

Thanks for re-uploading all those PVs Vito - stupid region locking!

Looking forward to being able to watch these with the sound on...

Vito

Banned
Thanks for re-uploading all those PVs Vito - stupid region locking!

Looking forward to being able to watch these with the sound on...

God, you scared me for a second since I was manually remuxing this, so dailymotion wouldn't reencode 1080p and I thought I left the sound out lol.

Dunno why they haven't uploaded Nanana's Buried Treasure and Ping Pong yet.

So he grew up to be a Nintendo fan.

Well that hurts.

Kill la Kill 23

Kill la Kill is an amazing show
if all you care about is the action scenes
. Otherwise this is just another anime with a paper thin plot and 2-dimensional characters that is vastly overrated and panders like there's no tomorrow. I watch this show for it's fun fights and ridiculousness. But I don't delude myself into thinking that this anime is anything more than that.

Glad this all comes to an end this next week.

While I did like the characters and action scenes, there wasn't nearly as much as I hoped there would be with the characters. Doesn't mean I didn't have fun watching it though.

But still, It really is a shame, seeing how this was written by the same guys who wrote Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, a much better show that deserved all the hype it got.

Hunter x Hunter 91

Oh hey, it's Cell. Someone fetch Gohan.

The King DOES look a lot like Cell doesn't he?

Anyways, my impressions of KLK 23:

Kill la Kill - 23

This was an cool set up to the big finale,
seeing everybody fight together like this. Like, I had a big smile on my face seeing Mako power the ship alongside the other club members from the previous episodes.

Wow, wasn't expecting Sangeyama to finally open his eyes again.

Also, lol at Nui tearing up the credits.

Well it's been a fun ride, but this show's got one more episode left, and boy its gonna be a big one. I can't wait to see how this all gets resolved. Fight on Trigger!

I just checked the first chapter of Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata and on the first page I see a Majikoi reference.

svufPhG.jpg

Great taste. Will watch & read.

Looks dumb.

Not even close. I can think of at least ten Tales girls who are way better than Arche.

In rough best to slightly-less-best order:

Anise
Patty
Hermana
Beryl
Leia
Sophie
Kohak
Natalia
Colette
Estelle

Half expected you to be a Shirley fan.

New noitamina show for July! http://terror-in-tokyo.com/

Watanabe at Mappa, Yoko Kanno doing music, Kazuto Nakazawa is the character designer.

PV reup: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ioyu0

Interested.

October noitamina show http://www.kimiuso.jp/

Director: Kyouhei Ishiguro
Script: Takao Yoshioka
Character Designer & Chief AD: Yukiko Aikei
Music: Masaru Yokoyama
Production: A-1 Pictures

PV reupload: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1iows6

Slightly interested.

Need to see more before deciding.

All PVs now officially on noitamina's channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/noitaminaofficial

Nanana's Buried Treaser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-J-iw6Fl7Q

Will watch for ghost girl.

BluWacky

Couldn't look more disgusting generic if they tried hold..... on instead of anime generic the character look manga Super Ultra Mega bland Generic, black hair guy is the epitome of generic manga designs.

It's unfortunate that "looking like someone who's actually Japanese" unfortunately does mean "looks generic" :p

BluWacky

What is this?

It's a short film made to celebrate the 10th anniverasary of noitaminA, called Powlette no Isu (Powlette's Chair - I suspect it's supposed to be "Paulette"...)

It's a very enjoyable short - I can't actually think that it really sums up noitaminA very much, particularly these days, but it's good fun.

Erigu

http://project-itoh.com/
The 2015 noitaminA Project Itoh film is in fact an adaptation of two of the author's works - Genocidal Organ and Harmony. This is the first stage of Project Itoh, and they plan on making more stuff beyond this.
Not that there's that much material, unfortunately...
Oooh, oooh, I hope they'll make a game out of his Metal Gear Solid Guns of the Patriots novel!

phaze

Hunter x Hunter 78

Some of these Chimera designs are really dumb. Especially the crocodile wearing a wrestling singlet.

Yeah that bugged me too. Pitou is like the only decent enemy design.

Hunter x Hunter 85-100

I'm liking this new angry Gon.

Also Yay
The Troupe appearance and with a good fight too !
Only now did Irealise who Feitan reminds me of. Levi from AoT is almost a direct copy of him.

Not sure if this supposed to be a plot reveal so I'm going to spoiler mark this too

It took me checking Killuas sister's name on google to realise that Kalluto is apparently a he.

WUT

I could swear he was referred to as she. Or maybe it was just my sexist brain.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm sure if you took out all the needless scenes of people quoting random books the writers borrowed from the library and removed all scenes that didn't have Akane you'd get a decent 11 episode long Psycho Pass.

vareon

I'm perfectly fine with Psycho-Pass ending where it was, so no need to watch S2 unless it's super amazing or something.

Interested a bit in Terror in Tokyo. Will wait for impressions on others.

duckroll

I'm sure if you took out all the needless scenes of people quoting random books the writers borrowed from the library and removed all scenes that didn't have Akane you'd get a decent 11 episode long Psycho Pass.

That hilariously awful scene was actually one of the nominees for one of the categories on the noitaminA awards earlier. I think it was best scripted lines or something. I was totally /dead.

sonicmj1

That hilariously awful scene was actually one of the nominees for one of the categories on the noitaminA awards earlier. I think it was best scripted lines or something. I was totally /dead.

Good thing Guilty Crown won that category.

And then Psycho-Pass episode 11 won "best noitaminA episode" over Apollon episode 7.

Thanks a lot, Nico Nico voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom