• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout 2048 7+ Min TGS '11 Gameplay

Kaizer said:
Hasn't that always been a Wipeout mainstay?

Yea but you had one pickup pad, in 2048 there are two different pads, one for defensive weapons and one for offensive ones.

Edit= beaten.

Kyoufu said:
Looks really really good even for a 30FPS game.
30fps games tend to look better than 60fps games.

Or do you mean it looks really really smooth for a 30fps game?

Either way your statement doesn't make sense. :p

Kuran

Banned
Pazuzu9 said:
30fps games tend to look better than 60fps games.

Or do you mean it looks really really smooth for a 30fps game?

Either way your statement doesn't make sense. :p

Pretty sure he means it conveys the speed well 'despite' being 30fps.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The game does look smooth and impressive visually. I'm looking forward to some of the changes they made, especially skill shortcuts and ship customization. The rep said the game is still in alpha stage, so I'm still hoping they'd pull a magic trick and double the framerate without major sacrifices, but even if they don't the game looks and runs pretty well in every video I've seen so far, so I'll live with it.

I don't think 30fps has ever had a problem with conveying a sense of speed. The game design (track textures, variable FOV over boosts, etc) takes care of that.

60fps is about smoothness and input response. Playing HD at 60fps doesn't make it feel any faster than playing it at 30fps (in splitscreen). If anything, it feels slower.

Noshino

madmaxx350 said:
*so it feels like 60fps?*

ninjatheoryboss.jpg
Isn't this being made by Liverpool? If so, then I would definitely trust/give them the benefit of the doubt

......unlike NT

Noshino said:
Isn't this being made by Liverpool? If so, then I would definitely trust/give them the benefit of the doubt

......unlike NT

Well Wipeout HD started at 30FPS so it's not impossible that by launch this becomes a 60 FPS game and honestly I don't care if it does because from the vid it looks super responsive to me ad that's compared to the previous build which had a lot of framerate drops.

Oppo

The 30 FPS is disappointing, but I played Wipeout Pure at 30 FPS and wasn't bothered by it.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Sony first parties bringing the strongest launch line-up to any of their systems ever. Must be hella intimidating to third parties to watch stuff like this, Gravity Daze and Uncharted in motion. stunning.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Kotaku talks about Vita's analog stick characteristics & Wipeout.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/09/wipeout-2048-only-needs-one-vita-thumbstick-thanks-very-much/

But in WipeOut’s case, it’s the design of the sticks themselves that’s really helping the game.

Unlike the DualShock, with its large movement range and soft touch, the Vita’s thumbsticks are small and stiff.

There are some games this may be a disadvantage with, but WipeOut shines with it, as the series’ tough, slippery controls felt tighter and more responsive (without going too far and losing WipeOut’s trademark “feel”).

I played a few tracks at Sony’s TGS event last night on Tokyo Bay, and aside from being visually stunning (on the Vita’s big screen easily a match for the PS3 version’s graphics) it was the most fun I’ve had controlling a WipeOut game in years.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
That looked amaaazing.

Can't wait to play it. I loved wipeout on the PS3, but I was never able to really finish the harder races.

Holy crap. The vid says they are including all the tracks from wipeout fury, and you'll be able to race PS3 players online. This just gets better and better.

Nisa65

I'm gutted this isn't a launch title in December as it's the one game I want the most for Vita. At the moment it's looking like I'll only be picking up Uncharted as none of the other launch titles are particularly exciting to me.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
P1090101.jpg

That is all.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
gofreak said:
http://gigazine.jp/img/2011/09/16/psvita_tgs_2011/P1090101.jpg[IMG]

That is all.[/QUOTE]I'm on my phone and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking at; graphics? Models? No assists? the tracks' colors matching the stands', meaning there's some sort of rear camera integration/trickery? (seriously, how awesome would that be?)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jinfash said:
I'm on my phone and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking at; graphics? Models? No assists? the tracks' colors matching the stands', meaning there's some sort of rear camera integration/trickery? (seriously, how awesome would that be?)

It's just (IMO) a marvelous picture of the display.

That it is Wipeout-sexy at the same time is a bonus.

Top Bottom