• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

Pachimari

I would love it if we got more lore in this universe. I've pre ordered the game. I owned the originals but I'll gladly take a remaster!

Not sure how but this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc0D9asmPzQ

Seems to have the game already. You can check out a full race on his channel. Probably will upload more soon too.

Seems like they've made some audio changes here and there with regards to voice announcers (they've added voice samples for weapon pickups, starting countdown and a welcome to (track name) for each track in HD). The Feisar ships in 2048 on Vita sounded like beasts. Hopefully they don't tone that down. Also, looks like the whole Campaign of 2048 is there, including Prototype ships and speed laps, and is also available in Racebox as a seperate "game mode" with 2048 tracks and ships (seems to be only two available to begin with, can't remember if it was like that on the Vita version).

Also, 2097 and Wip3out HUD styles have been confirmed, same as HD/Fury.

Macaco84

Seems like they've made some audio changes here and there with regards to voice announcers (they've added voice samples for weapon pickups, starting countdown and a welcome to (track name) for each track in HD). The Feisar ships in 2048 on Vita sounded like beasts. Hopefully they don't tone that down. Also, looks like the whole Campaign of 2048 is there, including Prototype ships and speed laps, and is also available in Racebox as a seperate "game mode" with 2048 tracks and ships (seems to be only two available to begin with, can't remember if it was like that on the Vita version).

Also, 2097 and Wip3out HUD styles have been confirmed, same as HD/Fury.

Wipeout 3 is my favourite of the whole series so will definitely make good use of that hud. What i would give for a wip3out remaster...

dracula_x

my body is ready

3EXYoyo.gif

dracula_x

Where can I go to read up on the world's lore?

→ http://www.mediafire.com/file/l2tnzqwdmjd/WipEoutZone+Fiction.zip

There was also a fair bit of material on the main site before it went offline. Some of it was compiled by Damon Fairclough, the writer of the original backstory for the older games.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sh...ore-The-Story-of-Wipeout!&p=218283#post218283

+ video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e4mDhaxj_M

pixelation

- I'm about to pre-order this, does it become available to play at 12:00 am on June 6th?
- Are the digital art book and dynamic themes exclusive when you pre-order?
- Am i the only nut that prefers to play this games at night time to better take in the ambience?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wish they'd do a WipEout game with real cockpits... then I'd buy. I'm bored of chase cam and regular FPV.

- I'm about to pre-order this, does it become available to play at 12:00 am on June 6th?
- Are the digital art book and dynamic themes exclusive when you pre-order?
- Am i the only nut that prefers to play this games at night time to better take in the ambience?

Hello. Yes, 12am eastern time U.S. I pre-ordered this earlier today and the download started about an hour ago. And yep, I got the theme and avatars already, but the digital art book unlocks along with the game. I have to say I really like the way ps4 handles the pre-loads with the count down timer. I'm three years this is the first time I've pre-ordered digitally on ps4 :). I can't wait. I still remember the first time I saw the very first WipEout on PS1 back on a demo disc at my local Toys R Us. Mind blown.

Funny, I also prefer to play at night. Surround sound pumped. Hope everyone has a blast when this drops!

ZeoVGM

Banned
I kind of wish this was an even bigger collection, with more tracks from Pure and some other older tracks remade. But I suppose I won't nitpick.

Deimo5

You could get it from ozgameshop with the sleeve for 45 all this time right, not too much different. That Horizon price is pretty hot though.

DayEnder

Sure does. Also, source on using the media player? Haven't heard anything about that.

You'd just use the Media Player app (might be a separate download) for streaming music via USB/Network. It will show up in your "quick menu" under the Music tab if you are playing songs/playlists. It's an OS level feature, so you can use it for any game.

I kind of wish this was an even bigger collection, with more tracks from Pure and some other older tracks remade. But I suppose I won't nitpick.

I remember liking a lot of the DLC tracks from Pure. A couple had a very 2097 feel, Sinucit was one of them. I always wondered why more tracka from Pure and Pulse didn't make it in HD/Fury.

Any guesses on sales numbers?

I hope it's a massive success. I want dlc and a new game.

I'm going to buy it even though I won't have access to my PS4 for the month after it comes out (aka torture).

On PS4 you use the media player/spotify apps for custom soundtracks (unless I'm misunderstanding your question).

It's a shame it's not done like HD though, it was amazing there. Your custom music would dull slightly when you were in tunnels and stuff and the effect was just so involving. I loved it so much and it's definitely not going to feel quite as immersive without it. Might just leave the default stuff on.

Top Bottom