• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

I mean, i know the games are great since i played them all previously, i just want to know if the remaster is quality or not, that's all

Yeah, it looks solid though so I'm not too worried.

I'm more concerned with the marketing which the review process is a big part of.

Edit :^Those screenshots are ridonkulous.

My review's live on Push Square. It's still amazing, but I couldn't fight the feeling of familiarity with this one:

WipEout Omega Collection - 7/10

WipEout Omega Collection is an impressive remaster that shines at high speeds, though elements of this compilation are starting to show their age. Despite being boosted all the way up to 4K on the PS4 Pro, some of the tracks are returning for the fourth time, and while WipEout 2048’s contemporary layouts look luxurious on the big screen, it can be hard to shake the feeling of familiarity on occasion. That said, if anti-grav is your bag, then there’s nothing quite like the original – even with the number of inferior pretenders on the racing scene these days.

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/wipeout_omega_collection

Video review, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLJRp5K8v3s

Danneee

Got a mail from Base stating that my copy is preparing for shipping. Oh well, I'll just play this sometime next week, good thing I've got Tekken:)

MrS

Banned
My review's live on Push Square. It's still amazing, but I couldn't fight the feeling of familiarity with this one:
If you reviewed The Last of Us: Remastered, would you dock it points/criticise it for being similar to The Last of Us?
I'm getting that error, too.
Glad it's not just me. XDEV twitter said it'll go live when the game unlocks. Avatars still not downloading for me and somebody on my friend list has them. Bit of a worry.

Shin-Ra

Yeah sorry about the last two videos, they were not configured correctly. That's fixed.
Also we added a video without motion blur to the news:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_wipeout_omega_in_4k_on_gsy-19159_en.html
TPthumbs.gif

edit: I think motion blur's still on in that new video. Fixed now.

Have to say, 2048 gameplay looks unbelievably good. I wonder if Studio Liverpool would still be open today had they released this on PS4, rather than PS Vita.

I hope this sells well enough so we can get Wipeout Alpha Collection with 2097, Wipout 3 and Pure. We could also get Pulse as a DLC for Omega and Fusion as a DLC for Alpha and we would have the whole Wipeout series on one platform.

Shaneus

I hope this sells well enough so we can get Wipeout Alpha Collection with 2097, Wipout 3 and Pure. We could also get Pulse as a DLC for Omega and Fusion as a DLC for Alpha and we would have the whole Wipeout series on one platform.
I have a feeling (or hope) that at least one of the surprises they were teasing about was older tracks making an appearance.

Otherwise I'd be totally happy with a Euro-exclusive Wipeout Omega SE that contains all the classic stuff ;)

Glad Martin Robinson reviewed it for EG. He actually has a clue.

Seyob

is the very first episode on ps4??

No Love

Banned
Had it in my hands yesterday but clerk wouldn't sell it to me at Best Buy cause the computer wouldn't allow it. :( So sad.

Top Bottom