• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

So I'm pre-ordered, all set.

However, that dynamic theme . . . I mean it's nice to have and all, but the image quality of it could have been better, and worst of all it seems to have made navigating the entire PS4 menu and UI very choppy, sluggish and at times downright unresponsive. What a shame. I doubt they'll update it either. Anyone else experiencing issues w it?

Shin-Ra

WipEout HD branding graphics by Alex Townsend

Lunar Parcs your future intermission
A luxurious holiday destination on the moon.
56c3c155086305.5609683092359.gif

MAGEC (Mirage Anti-Gravity Excellence Centre)
Situated outside Dubai. The MAGEC antigravity development labs were established in the year 2202, to develop the racing chassis for the Mirage Racing Team and the Mag Strip track technology later used through out antigravity racing.
1e3ed155181421.56096ed2f3b73.gif

Mr Somo for a limited time
A Futuristic Fast Food Company.
12eb4455016057.560964a785e9b.png
bb0b9255094417.560968a2c6923.gif

BSpot

I preordered last night on my phone. Today I was able to turn on my PS4 and download the game and the digital art book. How do I find my avatars and such?

NoKisum

You'd just use the Media Player app (might be a separate download) for streaming music via USB/Network. It will show up in your "quick menu" under the Music tab if you are playing songs/playlists. It's an OS level feature, so you can use it for any game.
Not every game unfortunately. Developers can choose to block out the feature. I've definitely experienced this with DOA5LR and Pirate Warriors 3. That's why I'm hoping to hear from someone who possibly has a review copy and tried this. As petty as it sounds, it's a huge dealbreaker for me if custom music is blocked out.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Question, as I don't remember how it worked in the PS3 versions but:

Can you create a party lobby with a friend or two then hop online with them that way?

Preordered last night from Amazon and just noticed my estimated delivery is Thursday instead of Tuesday. Did I miss something with Amazon recent changes? They usually deliver on day of release.

Shin-Ra

Question, as I don't remember how it worked in the PS3 versions but:

Can you create a party lobby with a friend or two then hop online with them that way?
I think you could make a private room, friends join and then make it public.

Greenymac

Preordered last night from Amazon and just noticed my estimated delivery is Thursday instead of Tuesday. Did I miss something with Amazon recent changes? They usually deliver on day of release.

I was going to do the same as it was going to be $9 cheaper for release day delivery but it said Thursday instead of Tuesday so I said fuck it I'll just go to GameStop...

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.

same shit happened to me :/

Xbudz

Saw this for sale in a local store today.. if I didn't already preorder on PSN I would have picked it up!

Shaneus

I just pre-ordered the steelbook edition, it says it comes with 4 x Downloadable PS4 themes

Not sure if you can get them without pre-ordering though
Yeah, that's what I did as well. Nobody seems to know if any of the preorder bonuses (like a whole other team, but no big deal right?) will be available post-launch. Can't believe they're pulling that crap.

Damn, I just don't have much time to play video games anymore, but I just pre-ordered this anyways. Can't wait! Without a doubt, my favorite racing series.

Yeah, that's what I did as well. Nobody seems to know if any of the preorder bonuses (like a whole other team, but no big deal right?) will be available post-launch. Can't believe they're pulling that crap.

What is this about a whole other team? AFAIK the only preorder bonuses are the PSN theme and avatars. The extra ship is tied to the digital release, but is not a preorder exclusive.

Shaneus

What is this about a whole other team? AFAIK the only preorder bonuses are the PSN theme and avatars. The extra ship is tied to the digital release, but is not a preorder exclusive.
Oh, I thought Van Uber was a preorder exclusive? So it just means people buying the physical version miss out.

Still seems stupid.

Oh, I thought Van Uber was a preorder exclusive? So it just means people buying the physical version miss out.

Still seems stupid.

My bad, I just looked at the Amazon desc and the Van Uber ship is listed there too. It's not listed under the preorder exclusives, so I think it's just part of the Omega Collection in general.

Did the digital pre-order, because that theme is fantastic. Bizarrely, the game isn't surfaced anywhere on the store, other than 'All Games' of course. Not even in the specific 'Pre-orders' section, lol. Maybe it has been, until recently? Seems like this would be the time to get it out there, though. Damn shame.

Did the digital pre-order, because that theme is fantastic. Bizarrely, the game isn't surfaced anywhere on the store, other than 'All Games' of course. Not even in the specific 'Pre-orders' section, lol. Maybe it has been, until recently? Seems like this would be the time to get it out there, though. Damn shame.

Sony's legendary hatred of WipEout making itself known again lol.

I found it right near the top of the new games section.

Held out pre-ordering waiting for a confirmation of a Japanese release physical or digital, does not seem to be coming out same time here fuuuu~

Will check if Amazon.jp will get some copies, if not digital is fine... ITS FINE I DIN'T WANT THE PS1 SLEEVE ANYWAY!!

I found it right near the top of the new games section.

Which is functionally no different to it being in the overall 'All Games', though. Basically, it's just not being advertised in the store's top-level sections, which is weird and foolish for a first-party title, but historically consistent.

Edit: more positivity for the top of the page - I'd planned all along to buy this, but now that it's about here, I'm actually hyped as hell!

Vally

Haha I know, will try to include Goteki somewhere else :D

OT will be up this night at the latest (Euro time so 12 hours or so from now)

Top Bottom