• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wisconsin Supreme Court candidate Rebecca Bradley says horrific things in college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkeband

Banned
So have her viewpoints changed?

And isn't queer a term used as an umbrella term these days? I mean it's even in the LGBTQ anagram.

I'll let you guess where the state of that word was 24 years ago.
And that's ignoring the other quotes from the OP where she equates it to evil, dunno how you missed that.

Ekai

So have her viewpoints changed?

And isn't queer a term used as an umbrella term these days? I mean it's even in the LGBTQ anagram.

She's a Walker crony. Of course her viewpoints haven't changed. Instead of addressing what she said, she made it a political answer and spoke of how her views on the LGBT community won't influence anyone in Wisconsin. Which is insinuating that no one LGBT exists or that no one should care about how her views influence her decision making. It's a ridiculous answer from someone claiming they should be in any position of power.

Depending on who you ask, the Q means questioning or queer. I've heard questioning more myself. And in regards to the useage, queer frankly was used as an umbrella term for insulting by people back in the days. Like, really, look at the shit she's saying. She's intending it to be insulting. She literally equates homosexuality to a great evil.

I get that many of of us said dumb things in college, but there's a proper response to what she said.

She could have easily said, "I am embarrassed by my comments from my college years. I was younger, and uninformed. It does not reflect my current position or perspective. I regret any harm or damage that was done by those words and would like to publicly condemn such stances and beliefs. I believe all LGBTQ people deserve equal rights and protection in our country. We have done far too little in the past, but I promise to work hard for it not the be the narrative of our future."

Or something like that.

Notice she says nothing like that. She doesn't reverse what she said, she just says, "I don't think that way anymore." But that's not really saying much of anything when it was that nasty. Additionally, saying things like, "real issues" indicates that she is trying to downplay this whole discussion. When in reality discussing LGBTQ rights and laws is something that is a major issue right now, she just knows her position won't be well received.

She certainly rocketed up the judicial ladder. Family court judge in 2012 to the Wisconsin sup crt in 2015. Talk about the fast track, all via appointments upward and onward.

Are there cases that she has over seen or ruled upon that reflect the views she held in 1992?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom