• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Blood and Wine out May 31

Li Kao

They never said if this will be the final one AFAIK.

Yeah, with Cyberpunk obviously still far away I wouldn't be surprised if they milk Witcher 3 for some time. And I say milk in a positive way, if the exp are good I have no problem with the whole thing.

Having put 200+ hours into The Witcher 3, and having just finished Hearts of Stone last week, I couldn't be more excited for Blood & Wine. A 20 hour expansion with a whole new massive area, made by CDPR? Bring it on!

impact

Banned
I beat and hated this game when it first came out and and now im tempted to try this dlc if there are any improvements

I'm kinda with you except for the beat it part

I got a couple hours in on PS4, hated how ugly it was and how bad it ran. Got it on PC, got bored with the combat and DS3 came out. Third time is a charm, I will beat it next time. I just gotta remember to never buy big games on GOG. Not only is there no achievements but the installer is in like 30 different files. I'll just re-buy it when it's on sale on Steam.

Deadstar

Is it recommended to beat the game before playing the last expansion pack? I heard some characters may or may not be available if you finish the game first, but that it doesn't matter too much.

Holy shit that is soon! I was thinking about replaying the main game (and possibly even Hearts of Stone) before Blood and Wine comes out, but there's no way I'll have enough time for that. Oh well, I'll go back to Alienation and Dark Souls III. And I have to replay the new Hitman level few more times. And then there's Uncharted 4... Oh, and Overwatch!

Has May ever been crazier? The best one so far (that I can remember) is May 2010, when we got Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption.

Is it recommended to beat the game before playing the last expansion pack? I heard some characters may or may not be available if you finish the game first, but that it doesn't matter too much.

No characters of the main cast play a role in Hearts of Stone. Some dialogue might change depending on where you are in the story though but nothing major.

kencey

Steam page up

http://store.steampowered.com/app/378648/

Lock if old

Edit: store page removed now! But yeah it said May 31st

Edit 2: others saying May 30th don't know why but mine showed 31st

abundant

If you value challenge, then yes. Completing HoS before finishing the game will make you over-leveled for the final quest.

diamount

Banned

I got a couple hours in on PS4, hated how ugly it was and how bad it ran. Got it on PC, got bored with the combat and DS3 came out. Third time is a charm, I will beat it next time. I just gotta remember to never buy big games on GOG. Not only is there no achievements but the installer is in like 30 different files. I'll just re-buy it when it's on sale on Steam.

Okay, thanks for your input?

Bl@de

Perfect. But I will wait until I get my hands on a 1070. My last Witcher experience shall be in 1080p/60fps in Ultra

They have achievements with GOG Galaxy now. They've also changed the installers a bit. All DLC comes in one installer now.

Lunar15

This is so soon.

God.

Yes.

The funny thing is that this is right before E3 again, so journalists aren't going to have the time to play it again, lol.

Almost makes me want to buy a 1070/80 just so I can play this at 1080p60 without the terrible stuttering and framerate issues I have on my current 970.

Other that I'm hyped to all hell. Can't wait.

I'd check other stuff first if I were you. Unless you are trying to run the game at super high quality settings, it shouldn't have any issues with a 970 (I played the main game to completion on a 3570k+16gb+970 combo, didn't drop under 50fps on mostly high settings)

Bad7667

Holy shit that is soon! I was thinking about replaying the main game (and possibly even Hearts of Stone) before Blood and Wine comes out, but there's no way I'll have enough time for that. Oh well, I'll go back to Alienation and Dark Souls III. And I have to replay the new Hitman level few more times. And then there's Uncharted 4... Oh, and Overwatch!

Has May ever been crazier? The best one so far (that I can remember) is May 2010, when we got Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption.

Yeah May is filled with amazing games. Actually glad Mirrors Edge was delayed.

Bedlam

I'm 38 or 39, finished the game and no quests left except the Qwent card collection (which is probably bugged and not attainable anymore for me). I hope I can still start the DLC with a character below 40 since I do not want to start NG+ right now.

So excited!!! I've actually started to reread The Witcher saga for anticipation of Blood and Wine (since it maybe the last Witcher game for a while). I'm on Blood of Elves right now. I forgot how good the books are...

Now I need to start collecting Qwent cards...that's going to be an expensive endeavor lol.

El-Suave

I'm currently playing Hearts of Stonr and I'm very impressed by the quality and value it offers - I'll probably take a Witcher break after that for Uncharted and Mirror's Edge and then tackle this one. Easily the best season pass I've bought so far.

I'm 38 or 39, finished the game and no quests left except the Qwent card collection (which is probably bugged and not attainable anymore for me). I hope I can still start the DLC with a character below 40 since I do not want to start NG+ right now.

You can always grind the Skellige cyclops for exp if you are desperate.

Plum

I'd check other stuff first if I were you. Unless you are trying to run the game at super high quality settings, it shouldn't have any issues with a 970 (I played the main game to completion on a 3570k+16gb+970 combo, didn't drop under 50fps on mostly high settings)

Maybe, but I've tried every trick in the book and I still get stuttering in Novigrad with anything but low-medium settings. I'm dusting my PC in the week so hopefully that'll help it. I'm considering dropping down to 30fps and using all the possible techniques I can to get it running and looking as smooth as 30fps can be. 4690k+8gb+970 btw.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Man, this is going to be so. damn. good. Just got started on Hearts of Stone, love being back in this world.

Brilliant, brilliant game.

I am curious if there are any technical improvements are changes. It would be nice to see that kind of stuff so far after release and it would be in CDPR tradition.

GeeTeeCee

With any luck I should be done with Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4 by the time this releases, because another slice of The Witcher 3 will be taking priority over anything else.

Top Bottom