• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Blood and Wine out May 31

giphy.gif

So happy. CDPR will have made me super happy 2 Mays in a row.

Now to finish my 4th playthrough in anticipation.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Previews will be dropping in a day or so.

dEvAnGeL

look at this, awesome, today i started replaying the game again and i was amazed just like the first time, i forgot how beautiful this game is on all fronts

CHC

Can you do HoS post-main campaign, before NG+? Any idea about blood and wine yet?

You can. B&W should be the same.

You can also (fortunately) start a "new game" for the DLC. It starts you at an appropriate level for the DLC, right near where the quest chain begins. Handy if you somehow lost your save or just want to start fresh.

A year later and im still slowly making my way through the base game. I cant believe how much content is in this bad boy. Dont know if im going to be able to get to the expansions till later this year. Really enjoying my time with this game though

Dmax3901

Aw man, shame that info leaked. If you're looking to lap up a whole lot of details just wait a couple of days. Otherwise... media black out time!

SugarDave

4 days after the GTX 1080 launch. Can't wait to finally use the hairworks, etc.

I wish there was an option just to have the beard using hairworks. I didn't like how it looked for his hair at all, makes it seem like he dunks his head in a tub of Aloe Vera every morning.

SmartBase

Probably my most anticipated release of the year, can't wait.

I wish there was an option just to have the beard using hairworks. I didn't like how it looked for his hair at all, makes it seem like he dunks his head in a tub of Aloe Vera every morning.

Preeeetty sure there's a mod for that. Like this one, has beard only as an option.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hairworks is one of the most worthless expensive features ive seen in a game like this. Seriously i have 980ti and in areas on ULTRA where i would get 60fps having hairworks on can drop it to 50-55fps. And then 55 fps on ultra gets dropped down as low as 45fps. I dont even notice or miss the difference visually when switching settings.

Cool! Any hints at how or what?
The new area has improved grass, and they stated they might replace the glass in the whole game with it. It would be a trivial task, so there's no reason they shouldn't do it.
The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Blood_and_Wine_Toussaint_is_full_of_places_just_waiting_to_be_discovered_RGB_EN.0.jpg

For instance, the foliage and grass have received an upgrade, and according to CD Projekt’s quest designer and PR manager, they were looking to replace the grass on the entire Witcher 3 map with the new, improved ‘Hearts of Stone grass’.
http://wccftech.com/the-witcher-3-b...ge-islands-combined-feature-improved-visuals/

I was planning on doing a new game plus run before playing through blood and wine but May has too much stuff coming out for me to manage that. Using the old save it is!

New Witcher content and a new DOOM game in the same month. What a time to be alive.

Hairworks is one of the most worthless expensive features ive seen in a game like this. Seriously i have 980ti and in areas on ULTRA where i would get 60fps having hairworks on can drop it to 50-55fps. And then 55 fps on ultra gets dropped down as low as 45fps. I dont even notice or miss the difference visually when switching settings.

I disagree. Hairworks™ hair on Geralt was pretty bad, but it looked great on his beard(and everyone knows that Geralt must go full Hagrid) and the animals, bears and wolves especially looked so much better. There were frame drops with it, but I used a mod to keep the hairworks on Geralt's beard and animals only and Gsync mitigates the minor framerate dips very well on my 1440p setup w/ a 980ti.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hell no. Overwatch launches the week before, how am I supposed to play both of these time-sink games? Do they want me to quit my job and stay home? Is that what you want, CDPR?

IKizzLE

Level 39 and still rocking the level 34 full wolf gear set.
Hopefully I'm strong enough to avoid getting bodied by this new DLC.

graywolf323

hopefully they have a way to order the Gwent cards for owners of the Expansion Pack DLC like they did for the first one

Geist-

Woooo, so glad I got the Season Pass. Time to replay the game again too, get all the choices I want this time.

III-V

Sooner the better. The last expansion was absolutely fantastic. Finer than the entirety of the main game.

I can only hope this one lives up.

What are people general feelings on when to tackle Hearts of Stone? Just whenever it comes up or after completing the rest of the game? I haven't played it and was planning on waiting until both dlcs came out to do so.

Top Bottom