• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Blood and Wine out May 31

Oh man, the day after I have to get back to work. I was hoping for a earlier release.

Anyway, I'm hyped as fuck for this expansion. It will be amazing.

III-V

What are people general feelings on when to tackle Hearts of Stone? Just whenever it comes up or after completing the rest of the game? I haven't played it and was planning on waiting until both dlcs came out to do so.

It depends on the difficulty setting, but I stopped before completing the final few battles to play HoS through to completion. I will finish B&W and then the game. If I recall, level 30-32 is the entry for HoS.

What are people general feelings on when to tackle Hearts of Stone? Just whenever it comes up or after completing the rest of the game? I haven't played it and was planning on waiting until both dlcs came out to do so.

You'll be in the right range at the end of the game so might as well see the ending and do it post game

Exentryk

how do you know about that second thing?

I did it after completing the main game. HoS content is designed for Level 30+ characters, which is what you'll be near the end of the game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Fans who have been asking for a "home base" of sorts are in for a treat.

Kinyou

PmTX8pH.gif

FfU1fRu.gif

Beautiful

Copper

Absolutely loved Hearts of Stone. Can't wait to get back into the world. That reminds me I need to finish up NG+ for this.

It depends on the difficulty setting, but I stopped before completing the final few battles to play HoS through to completion. I will finish B&W and then the game. If I recall, level 30-32 is the entry for HoS.

You'll be in the right range at the end of the game so might as well see the ending and do it post game

I did it after completing the main game. HoS content is designed for Level 30+ characters, which is what you'll be near the end of the game.

I guess I'll get started on my play through now then. Thanks for the help!

K' Dash

I reached level 39 I think? At the end of HoS, so I could not use the best armor or swords until after I finished it, can't wait to try them.

Coreda

Fans who have been asking for a "home base" of sorts are in for a treat.

> ...The room on the left is the bathroom, and through that door is the sleeping quarters...
> Thanks, but I think I'll just continue to kneel on the cold, hard ground.

Wonder what it will include

You have to be at least level 30 when starting it or else the enemies are going to steam roll over you because they're set at that level.

Granted you reach level 30 naturally near the end game, you can only attempt to begin the DLC when your on the 3rd chapter.

The game will gives you the option to use a save file that has Geralt at level 30, but he won't have the equipment nor the items you earned from your current file.

The Hearts of Stones DLC offers a few awesome witcher armor and swords that are unattainable in the vanilla game, and the story surpasses Geralt's conflict with the Wild Hunt, so it's definitely worth playing through to completion. You're looking at another 12-15 hours to complete all of the quests in that DLC.

I've been playing through Hearts of Stone yet again (on a really old savefile, to boot, where I messed up and didn't get to kill Radovid), so I am so stoked for this. GIVE ME ALL THE WITCHING.

You know what I want? I want the entirety of Blood and Wine to be played as Geralt possessed by Vlodimir von Everec's ghost. Strutting around wine country, hitting on all the comely lasses, referring to women as "my strawberry" or "my rhubarb," getting into fights because you keep referring to dwarves and halflings as "midgets"? Actually, they've said that Witcher 3 is the last chapter with Geralt, yeah? How about, Witcher 4: The Von Everec Saga? I would play the hell out of that...

Yes, I just finished Dead Man's Party for the 3rd or 4th time, what of it?

Dye witcher armor and a witcher home? DAMN I'm fucking excited! just finished heart of stone last week and it was one of the best expansion i've played! Hoping they surprise us with a 'Citadel' like dlc after this one. ~please

Sai

The wait for this would be really rough if Uncharted 4 wasn't out this month.

Still need to get that last Trophy for Hearts of Stone.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

> ...The room on the left is the bathroom, and through that door is the sleeping quarters...
> Thanks, but I think I'll just continue to kneel on the cold, hard ground.

Wonder what it will include

Wait, for real? Woah..

I never asked for this...but I'll take it.

The actual thing is in the Steam store page leak, but yeah. Specifics should please.

The whole pack sounds fucking huge and amazing tbh.

ocean

Banned
Wonder what the minimum level to start this up will be. I hope the difficulty isn't tuned around players who have gone nuts grinding uber top tier gear

Exentryk

Wonder what the minimum level to start this up will be. I hope the difficulty isn't tuned around players who have gone nuts grinding uber top tier gear

HoS had level 39 gear at the end. So, lv 38-40 could very well be the starting level for BaW.

Exentryk

Looks like cnet posted an article but removed it. A user managed to capture the details. Beware spoilers:

Blood and Wine includes over 90 new quests and 40 new points of interest. It also introduces a dynamic system, where interacting with an area's main POI affects adjacent points -- for example, killing enemies in their main hideout lowers their numbers in surrounding camps. Additionally, there will be 14,000 new lines of dialogue, which is 8,000 more than the previous expansion.

New gear and monsters include over 30 new weapons, 100 individual pieces of armor, and more than 20 new monsters. No specifics were announced.

12 new mutations were detailed, however, and players will be able to unlock them in New Game Plus. The mutations include one that causes enemies to freeze and die instantly when knocked by Aard, one that makes enemies to explode when they're killed with a sign's critical hit, and another that heals and grants you damage immunity when you lose all of your health.

Other additions include the New Game Plus maximum level increasing to 100, a new "Skellige" Gwent deck, and a redesigned user interface. Players will also be able to change the color of their gear with armor dyes that can be obtained through merchants, recipes or loot. However, these can only be acquired in Toussaint.

Unfortunately, a release date has still not been announced for Blood and Wine. Polish gaming site GRYOnline posted a listing that said it would be released on June 7, but that has not been confirmed.

Davide

Armor dyes...

For every piece of armor in the game?

Wonder what the redesigned UI will look like and if it will be optional.

Exentryk

Since the details are going to be available soon anyway, some ability information from game files (which may or may not be relevant anymore):

5 New Yellow Abilities:

Balanced Diet
Vitality Regeneration after eating is increased by +x%.

Meticulous Maintenance
Enhanced Armor and Enhanced Weapons buffs now last +x% longer.

Devastating Blows
Strong attacks consume 1 Adrenaline Point. Each blow struck reduces the target's Stamina to 0.

Huntsman
Doubles the effect of the currently equipped trophy.

Focused Power
Only one bonus from a Place of Power can be active at any given time, but that bonus lasts indefinitely.

I am torn on whether or not I should power through my PC playthrough so I'll be on time for B&W. On the other hand, I already have the main game and HoS pretty much 100% on my Xbox One playthrough..

Need to see Toussaint in all its glory though so I am leaning to PC. The toad boss in HoS was a framerate nightmare on the XBO.

ffvorax

With Uncharted 4 arriving today, i would have preferred it to come out a bit later... I just don't want to rush my playthrought...
It's just that i can't wait to play both... maybe i will just take my time and wait the urge to start the last game for both these amazing series. They deserve to be played and appreciated.
Not talking about Dark Souls 3 that I finished already two times, so about that I will take it out again before the DLC on winter just to platinum it during the wait... :)
Too many amazing games coming out in these months.. :O

bobawesome

Blood and Wine at the end of the month, (and maybe another playthrough of Witcher 3 to coincide with the release) and Zero Time Dilemma the month after.

There's no better time to be playing videogames.

Top Bottom