• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Gets New Game+ Mode as Final Free DLC

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
You've still yet to prove they lied.

"Hey Karl, we're shipping, how far along are we on that quest your team was working on?"

"Well, we have an outline of what we want to do in the quest, but there are a few models we haven't finished, the script is on its first draft, then we'll obviously have to do some testing. Who knows if we'll find a bug that'll need to be ironed out. It's about a week out."

"Looks like we won't make the deadline then."

"Well, should I delete the house and this door?"

"Why the fuck would we do that and risk introducing more bugs and using up time?"

"Some guy on the internet might get angry that we cut something unfinished."

I don't have to 'prove' I think they're lying. I (that's me) think they're lying. What you think is up to you.

misho8723

Banned
So now people bitch about this free DLC stuff?

They complain about paid DLC

They complaing about free DLC - CD Projekt RED case

They complain about meaningless DLC

They complain about worthwhile (& free) DLC - CD Projekt RED case

So what type of DLC is good enough to not to bitch about in the public eye?

And BTW, fantastic news about NG+.. interesting to see how they are going to implement it into W3 - it must be a really hard work to make it work good with all the game systems

Fix the glitches and bugs first please Thank you Cdprojekt.Fix person in distress, glitched out abandoned locations, glitched achievements, fps drops on console more than ever before etc. But New game+ is always welcome to see.

BlackRock

And BTW, fantastic news about NG+.. interesting to see how they are going to implement it into W3 - it must be a really hard work to make it work good with all the game systems

They really shouldn't bother rebalancing. It's not worth their time. Rebalancing a game as huge as TW3 would be a huge undertaking. They're just going to let you start over with your gear and levels. Why people want that is utterly beyond me. There is already an easy mode that's very easy if you just want the story. I'm glad most of you are happy about this, but hope they don't take time from the paid expansions for this.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Interested to see how exactly it works. I was planning on going through it again soon so I'll just wait for this.

UCBooties

I don't get all the tinfoil hatting on this one. It seemed pretty clear before the game launched that they were doing this as a PR/Goodwill measure and as a swipe against pre-order dlc. That's why the content is things like outfits, weapon sets, and a few minor quests, because those are the incidental things that you usually see on a sticker that says something like "Preorder Now and receive the Harbinger Sword and the Golem's Lament Quest pack: Exclusively at Gamestop." Yes it's a PR stunt and it is certainly possible that they used it to give themselves some breathing room to finish up a few quests they may have needed to cut or include in a truncated form otherwise, but where the hell is the "We have been lied to!" crap coming from?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Interested to see how exactly it works. I was planning on going through it again soon so I'll just wait for this.

That's why I reloaded an earlier save prior to the 'point of no return'. I didn't want to finish it and then suddenly realise I couldn't 'retrofit' that NG+. I' m also hoping the substantial DLC releases sooner rather than later because I'd like something to do after I finish the game, given that I've now done everything except the Gwent game and horse racing (both of which I dislike). I did some of it to pass the time but rapidly got bored.

I'm not in a court here, I'm on a forum. An empty village and a door that just seems to have no purpose ... Then along comes DLC and the village is filled again because of a door that wouldn't open suddenly opening. Come on.

I've noticed people bringing the 'value' argument into it. It's got absolutely nothing to do with value. There was a plethora of content on offer and I was more than content. This is about 'lying'.
Yeah, you've really illuminated us about the lies, by showing examples and making an argument that totally doesn't sound like "tales from my imaginative ass."
/s

This may not be court, but if you don't want to have a discussion, you probably should get the hell off of discussion forums.
I think if you don't want to prove your opinion is kind of silly and misguided, then you probably shouldn't post it on a discussion forum on the internet.
Ding ding ding.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
WOW, hope everything gets scaled within your level, this is fucking huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been holding off on buying this game because of all the patches and stuff that have been coming out since release.

Is it finally safe to dive in?

massoluk

Banned
Nice, after I got to my ending, I dreaded leaving behind everything I obtained to start all over. This changes everything.

I've been holding off on buying this game because of all the patches and stuff that have been coming out since release.

It has been perfectly playable on PC since day 1. No issues whatsoever and ran very smoothly on my GTX 770. No idea how the situation is on the consoles though. The latest patch introduced some welcome quality-of-life updates.

Nerokis

I'm not in a court here, I'm on a forum. An empty village and a door that just seems to have no purpose ... Then along comes DLC and the village is filled again because of a door that wouldn't open suddenly opening. Come on.

I've noticed people bringing the 'value' argument into it. It's got absolutely nothing to do with value. There was a plethora of content on offer and I was more than content. This is about 'lying'.

Your certainty is completely misplaced, and your refusal to see that is mind boggling. Throughout the development process, there is going to be content that has to be cut, areas/characters/whatever that didn't have a chance to be fleshed out, ideas that couldn't quite be implemented. It makes sense for DLC to in some way build on those things. You take the existence of a door that wouldn't open until certain DLC was released as obvious evidence that the "free DLC" thing was merely a marketing scheme, when it's simply not.

Besides, it's not like paid DLC has the distinction of not being based on prior (used or unused) work. The distinction to be made here is that all the extra content released so far has been free. It's worth appreciating that.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

Definitely. It runs well and looks great. They've even added a better control scheme and a chest to store your loot which makes the experience much better.

It has been perfectly playable on PC since day 1. No issues whatsoever and ran very smoothly on my GTX 770. No idea how the situation is on the consoles though. The latest patch introduced some welcome quality-of-life updates though.

I've had some issues with the PS4 version since 1.07.

Overall performance is slightly improved, but loading within Novigrad is noticeably slower as is crafting or alchemy with the patch introducing a couple of seconds of delay when creating alchemy items or when crafting gear at a blacksmith.

I'm really hoping for a blacksmith patch that will remove armor/weapon menus depending on if you're at an armorer or blacksmith. Even with the filters, it can get cumbersome.

It has been perfectly playable on PC since day 1. No issues whatsoever and ran very smoothly on my GTX 770. No idea how the situation is on the consoles though. The latest patch introduced some welcome quality-of-life updates though.

Definitely. It runs well and looks great. They've even added a better control scheme and a chest to store your loot which makes the experience much better.

Sounds good to me.

boskee

Story time for people looking for dishonesty in CDPRs strategy. Back in 2011, shortly before The Witcher 2 was released, CDPR showed their game to the polish press. The build they were shown contained one game mode that never made it to the vanilla version: Arena. The reason was simple: journos were not impressed with that mode and suggested it says more than "You've lost" after Geralt is defeated. That's when CDPR made a decision to cut it from the game and then few months improving it (among other things), before finally releasing it in patch 2.0

So yes, it may be that some of that stuff was partially cut from the game and yes, it was planned for a long time, but I doubt it was removed as a cheap PR gimmick, but because they didn't have time to put it in the final product in good enough state.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Your certainty is completely misplaced, and your refusal to see that is mind boggling. Throughout the development process, there is going to be content that has to be cut, areas/characters/whatever that didn't have a chance to be fleshed out, ideas that couldn't quite be implemented. It makes sense for DLC to in some way build on those things. You take the existence of a door that wouldn't open until certain DLC was released as obvious evidence that the "free DLC" thing was merely a marketing scheme, when it's simply not.

Besides, it's not like paid DLC has the distinction of not being based on prior (used or unused) work. The distinction to be made here is that all the extra content released so far has been free. It's worth appreciating that.

Mmmmm ... OK. Maybe I was being too assuming and it IS worth cranking back the cynicism sometimes. We'll leave it at that but I've taken on board what you have said.

I could be wrong.

Papacheeks

Banned
That's why I reloaded an earlier save prior to the 'point of no return'. I didn't want to finish it and then suddenly realise I couldn't 'retrofit' that NG+. I' m also hoping the substantial DLC releases sooner rather than later because I'd like something to do after I finish the game, given that I've now done everything except the Gwent game and horse racing (both of which I dislike). I did some of it to pass the time but rapidly got bored.

Have you destroyed all the monster nest's, killed all the Monster's in the game?

RedSwirl

Let's be real here: DLC exists on consoles in the first place to keep people from trading games in after beating them a weak after launch. Expansion packs existed on PC to keep the community engaged without having to wait three years for another $50 box. The only difference is CDProjekt isn't charging for that DLC, but it's still releasing it piecemeal to keep people playing the game.

Philtastic

I don't follow. The magic door and the empty village served no purpose, then suddenly, after the DLC it did.

I've explained why I think what I think and that's all I can do.

I think that GribbleGrunger is an automated forum-posting script of Neogaf. I look at this forum and never noticed any posts from GribbleGrunger but, then suddenly, after this Witcher 3 news, I see his posts everywhere. Obviously, GribbleGrunger was a completed feature of Neogaf which brings balanced discussion to Witcher 3 news but was held back for this special announcement.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
What about those big ass Destrega's in the forst? One that looks like a giant spider? There's on in Velen, one on Skillage.

And there's big ass bears, some are bosses.

Yep, they're quite easy to beat if you take your time. My map is devoid of any question marks apart from a couple of areas that were main quest related and I did something wrong or different. Where are these bears though? I've fought many at different levels but wouldn't consider them bosses. As far as the wilderness goes I've beaten everything. I just recall one big ass dragon on a remote island where a guy collects books.

Beefy

Yep, they're quite easy to beat if you take your time. My map is devoid of any question marks apart from a couple of areas that were main quest related and I did something wrong a different. As far as the wilderness goes I've beaten everything. I just recall one bug ass dragon on a remote island where a guy collects books.

Have you killed the level 48 griffin in Skellige?

Papacheeks

Banned
Yep, they're quite easy to beat if you take your time. My map is devoid of any question marks apart from a couple of areas that were main quest related and I did something wrong or different. Where are these bears though? I've fought many at different levels but wouldn't consider them bosses. As far as the wilderness goes I've beaten everything. I just recall one big ass dragon on a remote island where a guy collects books.

There's a bear in velen, that is guarding something. Really hard to beat for me at least since i'm low level.

Top Bottom