• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3: Official Gameplay Trailer

I really hope they spend some time explaining some back story and don't just expect me to know all the shit from Witcher 1 and 2.....

I wish there was a decent setting for that kind of thing, honestly. As somebody who has played the first two, I really don't need constant, "hey, remember when we did X? good times, right?" and "don't forget Geralt, so-and-so betrayed you when they did Y" and such.

Loakum

Banned
I had to.

witcher3lgkug.gif

^ Perfection.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-system-requirements-announced/

Your processor is the recommended one, and your graphics card is slightly above the minimum one. It's tough to call, as the PS4 should be able to trump the graphics card, but not the processor. There's also plenty of instances so far this gen when 660's have, against all logic, outperformed the same game on PS4.

Edit: looking into it, the recommended 770 really isn't that much more powerful than the 660ti. 20% or so difference.

The 660ti is faster than a 7870 (giving the PS4 some leeway as it's between a 7850-70).

foxtrot3d

Banned
Well, if you've read the books:

Triss is actually the other woman. Yennefer was always Geralt's one true love. This didn't stop the two of them from sleeping with other people, even though by all accounts they were both hurt by it.

I'm actually looking forward to the cat fight between Yen and Triss when they meet, considering that Geralt hooked up with Triss frequently while he was suffering from amnesia.

Yennefer already was a little spiteful towards Triss for sleeping with Geralt (as they had been good friends years before Yennefer and Geralt met). It'll be interesting to see how the amnesia part plays into it as well as the fact that their relationship could get pretty serious depending on the players' actions in TW1 and TW2.

Basically this:

I have no doubt that Yennefer will eat Triss for breakfast, that two-timing hussy taking advantage of an amnesiac man.

Valient

Got a 980 coming in soon, hope this 2500k @ 4.5ghz will do good. Only doing 1080p so i will probably be fine at v high settings!

I have an 2500k yet to overclock and a 970 so I hope it will be ok with just a bit of overclocking. I worry that soon i may have to replace this old processor and motherboard. it don't have to be ultra just better than consoles.

viveks86

June 2014
vlcsnap-2015-04-10-17h17m12s95.png

April 2015
vlcsnap-2015-04-10-17h14m37s112.png

Either there are portions in this video that are from their June 2014 build or they have made zero changes in a year. I think it's the former

etta

my hard graphic balls
Holy shit this will be a monumental game. Not a fan of RPG's, but I try to play the ones that are worth playing. Unfortunately, I got bored with Dragon Age Inquisition, hopefully this will be the one.

skonvolt

As long as CD PROJEKT RED is the game maker they can do what they want, racism, prostitution, zombie killing or dancing on an orphan child grave........

The game doesn't need to be "politically correct" just to fill your sad heart.

The game is intended "as it is" so the answer is easy, you like the game you buy the game, you hate the game, than there is always SKYRIM, "with animated prostitution mod"

ahahahah

weevles

Based on the video, I get the impression that this game is standalone from Witcher 1 and 2. Even though you play as Gerault, it doesn't seem like there's any real storyline. Seems like the game is Monster Hunter in the world of Witcher.

Which does make me wonder whether they could have made the playable character customizable from an avatar perspective. Oh well, looks good and I have it preordered...

Hypron

Based on the video, I get the impression that this game is standalone from Witcher 1 and 2. Even though you play as Gerault, it doesn't seem like there's any real storyline. Seems like the game is Monster Hunter in the world of Witcher.

What? The (main) storyline is about finding Ciri, they even talk about it in the video.

Salsa

Which does make me wonder whether they could have made the playable character customizable from an avatar perspective. Oh well, looks good and I have it preordered...

wut

I mean being the first simultaneous release on console and all I doubt the overarching plot from the previous games is too heavy handed but.. no

FACE

Banned

I'd love to have that.

PFD

Or maybe (most likely) they deliberately didn't wanna spoil the main story in the trailers?

Lingitiz

This game is pulling more from the books than either game in the series. Ciri, Yennifer, and the Wild Hunt are the center points of the plot, while the first 2 games set up the political landscape that this is set in.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I wanna have sexy blood rituals with nymphos ;_;

ValfarHL

I have an 2500k yet to overclock and a 970 so I hope it will be ok with just a bit of overclocking. I worry that soon i may have to replace this old processor and motherboard. it don't have to be ultra just better than consoles.

Most 2500k's reach 4.5Ghz on good air cooling, without any problems. It's really easy to clock. Many 970's can reach very close to 980 performance, depending on your manufacturer and cooling solution.

Read up on some guides, and you'll be golden in time for The Wild Hunt. :)

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Guys this is not a troll question, I just bought two 980 GTX cards and I have an e2500k over clocked to 4.6Ghz. Do you think this pc will be able to run the game at max settings with uber sampling on at >= 60fps? Or will the CPU be a bottleneck?

FiraB

Banned
Guys this is not a troll question, I just bought two 980 GTX cards and I have an e2500k over clocked to 4.6Ghz. Do you think this pc will be able to run the game at max settings with uber sampling on at >= 60fps? Or will the CPU be a bottleneck?

I doubt the cpu would fault you, the 2500k is still a damn good chip. Overclocked it's damn near as good as a 4690k and that's a much newer chip.

weevles

What? The (main) storyline is about finding Ciri, they even talk about it in the video.

Or maybe (most likely) they deliberately didn't wanna spoil the main story in the trailers?

Right, but even then, it doesn't seem like you need to really worry about not having played the first two games. There's just a lot of things to do that aren't necessarily dependent on the story and to me, it's a good selling point.

This game is pulling more from the books than either game in the series. Ciri, Yennifer, and the Wild Hunt are the center points of the plot, while the first 2 games set up the political landscape that this is set in.

Ah, got it. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Seems like this game would be the most accessible if you aren't familiar with the books (like me obviously).

Top Bottom