• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With more and more Playstation game heading to PC do you really need to buy PS5?

Do you still need to buy PS5 if their game are coming to PC ?

• Total voters

Derktron

Banned
These topics are annoying and make no sense. First off, for those who own a PC (ONLY), I would say no you don't need a Playstation 5. Unless you don't mind waiting for it to come on PC. Also, not everyone wants a PC or wants to deal with a PC. I wish people realized this. Another thing to point out is the common consumer likes easy stuff and that's where consoles come in. Consoles or PC isn't going anymore.

Last edited:
Yes I need it day 1. Good luck building a pc for the same price and power as the ps5. And Sony won't be launching all their games on pc.
Why build for the same power as ps5? Why not go above and beyond, and enjoy Sony exclusives at over 60fps, on better hardware? I don't understand that logic. Why is it a bad thing if pc players get to enjoy the game, with better visuals, framerate, and resolution? Is that personally hurting you or the devs at Sony? This childish immaturity needs to die out already. So many whiners on this site lately, get a grip!

Last edited:
Depends on the console features.
But most of all, there's a big difference between something coming out at the same time and coming out 4 years later. If you can wait 4 years, you never really cared about playing the game. Think about it, as long as you wait, you can always use emulation in the end, making all "timed exclusives".

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Why build for the same power as ps5? Why not go above and beyond, and enjoy Sony exclusives at over 60fps, on better hardware? I don't understand that logic. Why is it a bad thing if pc players get to enjoy the game, with better visuals, framerate, and resolution? Is that personally hurting you or the devs at Sony? This childish immaturity needs to die out already. So many whiners on this site lately, get a grip!
Because walled garden fans don't like it they paid $60 for a 720p or 1080p game running at 30 fps, while a PC gamer gets to play it at a wide variety of graphics/speed options, might have mods, free online MP, and probably bought on a Steam deal at $30.

And because that said game originated on a console platform first, it has to be console exclusive or timed exclusive.

But when it comes to any PC franchise that has roots in PC and the dev wants to go multiplat with PC and console, the console lover is open arms to having access to all PC games.

Last edited:

Kerotan

I tell you why. Because I ain't spending a fortune building a pc stronger then the ps5 that will get my favourite PS exclusives years later or in some cases never.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I tell you why. Because I ain't spending a fortune building a pc stronger then the ps5 that will get my favourite PS exclusives years later or in some cases never.
if backwards compatibility is for real and not a sham, we could be playing a remastered Bloodborne on PS5 this year while PC only users are still looking at their watches. 5+ years is a long time to wait...

Last edited:
if backwards compatibility is for real and not a sham, we could be playing a remastered Bloodborne on PS5 this year while PC only users are still looking at their watches. 5+ years is a long time to wait...
I get that there are a handful of exclusives for the entire 7 year span of a console... But with how things are going, I'll be able to play the 1 or 2 only exclusives that I like, on pc, as well as the best version of each multiplatform title, plus several generations of games, all in one platform. Not only that, but I can do everything outside of gaming as well. Sometimes the first experience of a game is what you have to base it on, and for me, struggling to maintain 30fps, is a hard pass for me. Now I'll get to play a couple of Sony single player games, in a way that console players can only dream of. Waiting a few months for a single player game isn't anywhere as bad as trying to fight in a scene where the game is falling into ~20fps.

I understand some people will be gatekeeping, and some will be saddened that their dear exclusives can be found elsewhere, and played in a much better experience. But why hate on the next platform? Shouldn't we all be excited to play games that would be otherwise, inaccessible? What's wrong with that?

Aryan Blazkowicz

Neo Member
Lol yes because I wouldn't want to wait 5+ years for it to come to PC. Just like with Detroit, I'm sure many PC gamers watched the playthroughs on YouTube before actually getting to play it. Something tells me Sony won't be making it a habit to put their games on PC either.

Kerotan

And even if they get it we will be playing the sequel. PC + PS5 is essential. Dumping the ps5 because Sony throwing the pc a few bones is a crazy decision.

JimboJones

Well I got through this gen and the only game I want for PS4 is FF7 (I can't wait for the PC version but ill prob sell PS4 once it arrives) so I could see myself going through most of next gen without a PS5.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I get that there are a handful of exclusives for the entire 7 year span of a console... But with how things are going, I'll be able to play the 1 or 2 only exclusives that I like, on pc, as well as the best version of each multiplatform title, plus several generations of games, all in one platform. Not only that, but I can do everything outside of gaming as well. Sometimes the first experience of a game is what you have to base it on, and for me, struggling to maintain 30fps, is a hard pass for me. Now I'll get to play a couple of Sony single player games, in a way that console players can only dream of. Waiting a few months for a single player game isn't anywhere as bad as trying to fight in a scene where the game is falling into ~20fps.

I understand some people will be gatekeeping, and some will be saddened that their dear exclusives can be found elsewhere, and played in a much better experience. But why hate on the next platform? Shouldn't we all be excited to play games that would be otherwise, inaccessible? What's wrong with that?
there is nothing wrong with that. as a PC owner and player i am glad more people get to play the games. i'll probably double dip on Death Stranding for that reason.

however this thread is about "Do you really need to buy a PS5?" and as a person who is considering buying a PS5, i say yes. it has nothing to do with "my dear exclusives" because i am not a console warrior, i own PS, Switch, and PC. i can play them all. one can have a preference without hating a platform. buy a PS5 if you want first access to these exclusives. the fact that they get ported over later to PC is great, but i don't want to wait. i would rather have the games now. i will pay for that convenience.

my reasons are many. but since you bring up 30FPS, in all my years of PC gaming, framerate has never been a constant. you can buy a top of the line computer one year, have it running new games at 60FPS, max settings. next years games will push the envelope, you'll have to lower those settings maybe. then the year after that. then 5 years later, a new game comes out, and your top of the line PC is doing 30FPS on max settings. you have to upgrade. true, you can catch up again but you will always be chasing that dragon. a PC is not a guarantee all your future games will be 60FPS.

Last edited:
there is nothing wrong with that. as a PC owner and player i am glad more people get to play the games. i'll probably double dip on Death Stranding for that reason.

however this thread is about "Do you really need to buy a PS5?" and as a person who is considering buying a PS5, i say yes. it has nothing to do with "my dear exclusives" because i am not a console warrior, i own PS, Switch, and PC. i can play them all. one can have a preference without hating a platform. buy a PS5 if you want first access to these exclusives. the fact that they get ported over later to PC is great, but i don't want to wait. i would rather have the games now. i will pay for that convenience.

my reasons are many. but since you bring up 30FPS, in all my years of PC gaming, framerate has never been a constant. you can buy a top of the line computer one year, have it running new games at 60FPS, max settings. next years games will push the envelope, you'll have to lower those settings maybe. then the year after that. then 5 years later, a new game comes out, and your top of the line PC is doing 30FPS on max settings. you have to upgrade. true, you can catch up again but you will always be chasing that dragon. a PC is not a guarantee all your future games will be 60FPS.
Let me ask you this. If you bought a console in 2013, vs buying a top of the line gpu, which games would get the better resolution, framerate, and so forth? We all know the answer is pc. If consoles cannot upgrade, why would pc games get left behind, the same way consoles do? Pc's are better off than consoles, even before the current console generation. So why wouldn't pc's shit on consolation hardware 2 years ago, or even for the years to come? My current gpu is better than what consoles will have for the next 7 years, how am I suffering as a pc player, compared to the left behind console from last year or so, that will be released this year or later? I'm seriously wondering?

Top Bottom