• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the success of Persona 4 on Vita, is Persona 5 on Vita a sure thing?

cafemomo

One does not simply outclass minato.

This is true.

lEaQoin.jpg

Soriku

Why is Raidou so low on that list? No idea about Persona 1 MC but he'd kick Yu's ass handily. I'd put him at Karma is a Bitch tier. Hell, in Soul Hackers 3DS
you fight Raidou and Raido AFTER Kyoji.

Minato is also overhyped.

Squire

Banned
Why is Raidou so low on that list? No idea about Persona 1 MC but he'd kick Yu's ass handily. I'd put him at Karma is a Bitch tier. Hell, in Soul Hackers 3DS
you fight Raidou and Raido AFTER Kyoji.

Minato is also overhyped.

It's Makoto now, bro!

Squire

Banned
Totally agreed. I hope FeMC gets a canon name, too. After Narukami and Yuki they've proven they're good at that.

A.E Suggs

Its going to be for PS3/360 and maybe Vita later.

Seems about right, there'd be no reason to go back after p4a was just released on both consoles. I can see an upgraded vita port and 3ds port happening afterwards. Face it you know atlus likes porting so we should expect a handheld port.

Seems about right, there'd be no reason to go back after p4a was just released on both consoles. I can see an upgraded vita port and 3ds port happening afterwards. Face it you know atlus likes porting so we should expect a handheld port.

If it comes to PS3/360 I don't think we'll see a 3ds port.

Dantis

Probably not, no. I wonder if that indicates they're doing something more with FeMC...

I kind of wouldn't be that surprised to see an alternate version of the movies with FeMC as the lead instead. Index loves to milk this shit, haha.

Also, it looks like Soejima isn't working on this at all, which is mega lame.

P5 port on 3DS? Assuming it's PS360, there's not a chance. You'd have to slice it up way too badly. Hashino was upset about what the Portable team had to do for P3P, so there's no way they'd take P5 even further than that.

Squire

Banned
I kind of wouldn't be that surprised to see an alternate version of the movies with FeMC as the lead instead. Index loves to milk this shit, haha.

Also, it looks like Soejima isn't working on this at all, which is mega lame.

P5 port on 3DS? Assuming it's PS360, there's not a chance. You'd have to slice it up way too badly. Hashino was upset about what the Portable team had to do for P3P, so there's no way they'd take P5 even further than that.

Yeah, especially after P4G. A re-release that steps backward would be really glaring after that game.

Also, I don't think it's too bad Soejima isn't on the films. I'm sure they have all the documentation of his work from the years the team spent on P3. It sounds like he's knee-deep in P5, as he should be. Is Meguro doing anything for the films?

Squire

Banned
That's what I want too, P5 everywhere.

I wonder if it's taking so long because they are working in a new anime to support the game.

I think it's only been so long because they made Catherine and then made P5's engine afterward. Launching with an anime would be interesting though. Very interesting.

Based solely on install base, no. With 77 million 360s, there's at least a potential for 1-2 million sales. I'm not saying it will but it has a better chance at it.

FF13 might have managed to sell 1 million sales on the 360 in the US eventually (it sold about half a million in the first month but there's usually a humongous dropoff in sales after month 1). There's no way that a Persona game would sell 1-2 million on the 360. For that matter, I don't think any single one of the Persona games have sold over 1 million copies WORLDWIDE even if you count all consoles (not counting remakes).

Squire

Banned
FF13 might have managed to sell 1 million sales on the 360 in the US eventually (it sold about half a million in the first month but there's usually a humongous dropoff in sales after month 1). There's no way that a Persona game would sell 1-2 million on the 360. For that matter, I don't think any single one of the Persona games have sold over 1 million copies WORLDWIDE even if you count all consoles (not counting remakes).

Yeah, the games don't have the sales potential for install base to be relevant. That's why P4G is considered a success even while being on the Vita.

That said, P4A and certainly Catherine aren't on the 360 for no reason, I'm sure.

Dantis

Yeah, especially after P4G. A re-release that steps backward would be really glaring after that game.

Also, I don't think it's too bad Soejima isn't on the films. I'm sure they have all the documentation of his work from the years the team spent on P3. It sounds like he's knee-deep in P5, as he should be. Is Meguro doing anything for the films?

He's doing the whole soundtrack. So exciting! :D

Top Bottom