• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the success of Persona 4 on Vita, is Persona 5 on Vita a sure thing?

PK Gaming

I hope no one's talkin shit about my girl, Fuuka.

There are 2 enemies

I should post the P4 ensemble cast since it hasn't been posted yet

nMeBF1r.jpg

♥

See also: Akihiko.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNKFKpO_Ye0

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Akihiko and Mitsuru are completely void of personalities.

They are literally some of the worst characters in Persona history because they have none.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It doesn't truly matter if it is or not, but I'm just saying what I think, a Wii U version of P5 has a chance, just like Vita/360/and possibly 3DS.

P.S this thread took a interesting turn.

Oh, I know what you're saying, and I'm saying there is zero chance it does make it to Wii U, or 3DS for that matter.

Does Persona 2 have shadows?

(Maya's jacket is so weird lol)

Yes. It started the whole "other self" P4 is known for.

That is what you replied when I said DS didn't get Persona ports the PSP got. I'm not implying anything, just stating facts. You wanted to debate why they didn't come to DS but you were ill informed about them being PS2 ports and saying they came to PSP because of that 1 PS2 port, which is also not true. Why are you still going on about this.
Jesus. P1 and P3P came out the same year! The re-releases of P2 were trying to capture that same fanbase, that's all I was trying to say. Porting anything from ps2 or PSP to DS isn't feasible financially, it'd be easier to build something from the ground up. Its not simple or easy, so it was never going to happen. That's it.

I'm done. You want to nitpick the fact I put an "s" on the end of "port" than actually see my point.

Orayn

My predictions, in descending order of likelihood:

1. PS3, 360 and maybe Wii U; Vita and/or 3DS later
2. PS3/Vita
3. Vita/3DS; Possible HD versions later

crinale

P4 was intended to be converted into TV episodes from the get-go so it is more of a media franchise than original SMT. And I'm expecting Sony to make P5 TV series just as they did for P4, so I'll be very surprised if it's not PS3 exclusive.
(Actually you can easily guess the manga & spin-off novel is being readied as well).

In those media-spanning titles (another example is like Inazuma Eleven), it's not uncommon to plan budgets for the entire "media" project (including games, TVs, manga, soundtracks and so on).

Edit: Simultaneous release for Vita or PS4 version is highly unlikely. They'll make the "G" or plus version maybe year later to make people double-dip, because fans will do it for sure.

Simzyy

My predictions, in descending order of likelihood:

1. PS3, 360 and maybe Wii U; Vita and/or 3DS later
2. PS3/Vita
3. Vita/3DS; Possible HD versions later

I do hope they go with option 1. Best for as many people as possible to experience the series. Also more sales

I don't get this question. It was successful for a vita game but it would've sold much more on any other system. I guess the vita was the logical choice for a PS2 port but for Persona 5 which has to be built from the ground up regardless of platform? No way.
I'm not asking if it will be a Vita exclusive. I'm asking if it is likely that there will be a Vita exclusive. Plenty of non-high end PS3 games have had Vita versions that are very close to the console version.

luca1980

Banned
Given Altus time I have a chance to see a persona 4 psn ps3 release before anything about persona v......still hoping for persona 4 golden as ps3 remaster

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Given Altus time I have a chance to see a persona 4 psn ps3 release before anything about persona v......still hoping for persona 4 golden as ps3 remaster

Considering they haven't done ANY PS3 remasters, don't hold your breath.

FluxWaveZ

this is pretty convincing, tbh.

I'm not sure it's totally accurate, though. I do not believe the event was a PlayStation event, but a Dengeki one where Persona 4 Golden won a "Platinum Dengeki Playstation Award for 2012." They said they were working hard on the next Persona title at the same event, but it's not really an indication of platform.

Then again, the game was first confirmed in a March 2010 edition of Dengeki PlayStation. However, who knows what's happened since then.

SykoTech

Atlus seemed quite pleased with how P4G sold, so a PS3/Vita release for P5 seems likely. A "sure thing" though? I wouldn't go that far.

360 could happen too, if Atlus thinks it'll be worth it for the western market. I guess that depends on how satisified they were with the 360 versions of Caterine and/or P4A.

Wii U is less likely. It's performing poorly worldwide and (unlike the Vita) doesn't have something to assure them that Persona fans would jump there.

PS4....eh. Maybe a port.

3DS is not happening.

So how would you feel about Persona 5 adding some more online elements? I really think this series could make for a great PvP game. No multiplayer rank unlocking either. To can only use your registered Personas and gear from single player.

Meia

...no. Just no.

The feature of golden where you see how others spent the day is as far online as I'm probably comfortable with them ever going.

And we don't really know what 5 is going to be like, at all. We've heard in the past that they want changes as drastic from 2 to 3 as from 4 to 5, but who knows? Ideally they just get a new cast, and greatly enhance the slink system, and I'm happy.

Ideally I just want them to announce SOMETHING already. Either they may at E3(would be a first for them I think), or probably to coincide with one of the persona 3 movie releases.

Persona86

Banned
So how would you feel about Persona 5 adding some more online elements? I really think this series could make for a great PvP game. No multiplayer rank unlocking either. To can only use your registered Personas and gear from single player.

I would prefer them to give all focus 100% on making experience of single player as best as possible. Although something like Catherine (statistics of other players) would be cool.

FluxWaveZ

Um, well not too sure about online multiplayer (though I've always wanted another competitive JRPG other than Pokemon).

I do think it's a given that there will be online elements in Persona 5. They started with Catherine with gathering results of what players who went through the game answered to various questions:

And then with Persona 4 Golden, they added the Vox Populi system which displayed what other players did during a given time of day which was helpful to organize a player's own schedule:

They also added the SOS system where players playing online could help each other in battle by responding to the SOS along with being able to give themselves personalized online messages and avatars.

So yeah, Persona 5 will most likely have something of an online element.

Takao

Banned
Persona 5 will be on PS3 (maybe 360 and Wii U if Atlus is feeling lucky) with a Vita re-release afterwards.

Squire

Banned
Said before, but I highly doubt Atlus has the bandwidth to put P5 on PS3, 360, and Wii U.

Even if they did, we already know the difference in architecture between the PS3 and 360 quite well and it's been made clear porting those games to Wii U really isn't some trivial task you can just up and decide to do.

Dantis

I can't imagine Wii U being a focus. It just doesn't have the install base.

As an aside, no online multiplayer, thank you (I say this, but Catherine's local multi was actually amazing. But whatever.).

Squire

Banned
I can't imagine Wii U being a focus. It just doesn't have the install base.

As an aside, no online multiplayer, thank you (I say this, but Catherine's local multi was actually amazing. But whatever.).

It'll be player choice statistics, like Cathy and P4G. Which is good. I love that stuff in the other games it's been in and it's cool to see even well after the fact.

Top Bottom