• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the success of Persona 4 on Vita, is Persona 5 on Vita a sure thing?

I'd be even more content with cross play. Playing on my TV at home, resuming my save when I play my Vita on my lunch break. YEEEEAAAH! Take my money Atlus!

tumblr_mb1ewd2FZy1rfqvc5o1_400.gif

That's actually a pretty neat idea, MLB: The Show sty-

...I... I don't know how to feel about this gif existing

IF there is a vita version , the chances for it to be port to Wii U and xbox360 will be higher.

There will not be a vita version at launch
.A golden (or more likely P3P down port like ) version down the road is really possible.

Arc System Works just released Guilty Gear XX something something R for the Vita. I wouldn't be surprised if they start working on P4A next.

They are hard at work trying to make the 1st region locked vita game.

P1 remake came out before P3P. First you were saying DS didn't the Persona games because it was incapable of running PS2 ports while actually only 1 of them was a PS2 port, and it was not the first Persona to hit the PSP. Now the games didn't come to DS due to too much work, effort, 2nd screen yada yada.
I was referring to P3P with my port comment. You know it, i know it, let it go. You've been arguing semantics and being dense. Porting PSP games to DS offers the same problems
I never implied Atlus was putting those games on Sony handhelds due to platform favoritism. You don't know what you're talking about. This discussion is going nowhere,
you absolutely did imply it. You still are

Codeblue

I doubt there'll be a Vita version at launch. Maybe another Golden release if the system can keep up its current momentum.

I honestly don't care though. Persona is a system seller to me.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It's because Nintendo seems to be a good terms with Atlus considering the Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem team up so that means a Wii U version is now a viable platform for P5.

And history doesn't really matter since Dragon Quest went to PS1 and PS2, Final Fantasy went to PS and Xbox 360, DMC went to Xbox 360, Kingdom Hearts and Monster Hunter went to Nintendo, etc.

Guess we'll have to wait and see when it's officially announced.

P5 will NOT be on Wii U. I guarantee it.

Yeah I was really hoping that we'd get EP PSP but after it underperformed in Japan ...

Sigh. Guess I'll hope some fan translates one day

On the bright side, this might have enabled us to be able to get Soul Hackers. Ya know, I wish the Persona fanbase was more united, but alas, you can't have it all, and P1/2Duo and 3/4 are too differed. I am a fan of both, but depending where I go its like a civil war lol.

I was referring to P3P with my port comment. You know it, i know it, let it go. You've been arguing semantics and being dense. Porting PSP games to DS offers the same problems you absolutely did imply it. You still are

because the DS wasn't capable of running PS2 ports. Golden is HD, which leaves out 3DS. this isn't as brand loyalty thing

That is what you replied when I said DS didn't get Persona ports the PSP got. I'm not implying anything, just stating facts. You wanted to debate why they didn't come to DS but you were ill informed about them being PS2 ports and saying they came to PSP because of that 1 PS2 port, which is also not true. Why are you still going on about this.

randomkid

Every Persona game in Japan (in case anyone else asks for another one...):

{1996-09-20} [PS1] Persona - 391,556
{1997-06-27} [PS1] Persona [PlayStation the Best] - 17,935 **
{2003-01-23} [PS1] Persona [PSOne Books] - ???
{2009-04-29} [PSP] Persona - 156,205
{2010-06-03} [PSP] Persona [Atlus Best Collection] - ???
{2010-09-16} [PSP] Persona [Best Selection] - ???

{1999-06-24} [PS1] Persona 2: Innocent Sin - 274,798
{2000-09-14} [PS1] Persona 2: Innocent Sin [PlayStation the Best] - 3,470 **
{2011-04-14} [PSP] Persona 2: Innocent Sin - 102,714

{2000-06-29} [PS1] Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - 200,103
{2011-11-22} [PS1] Persona 2: Eternal Punishment [Atlus Best Selection] - ???
{2012-05-17} [PSP] Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - 35,920 **

{2006-07-13} [PS2] Persona 3 - 210,319
{2007-04-19} [PS2] Persona 3 FES - 165,471
{2010-08-05} [PS2] Persona 3 FES [PlayStation 2 the Best] - 7,773 **
{2009-11-01} [PSP] Persona 3 Portable - 208,877
{2011-08-25} [PSP] Persona 3 Portable [PSP the Best] - 39,233 **

{2008-07-10} [PS2] Persona 4 - 294,214
{2010-08-05} [PS2] Persona 4 [PlayStation 2 the Best] - 43,981 **
{2012-06-14} [PSV] Persona 4 Golden - 233,523

{2012-07-26} [PS3] Persona 4 Arena - 184,997
{2012-07-26} [360] Persona 4 Arena - 11,498

??? = Unknown sales
** = No updated sales (for some is just the first week)
Source: Famitsu

Thanks for this, quoting for reference. Would be cool if Famitsu had PC sales too, I am positive Persona on Windows sold 600K or something! I wonder if it was even a retail release...

Nah Atlus seems to like to keep Persona a gen behind. PS3 Vita is more likely.

I really don't like that gen behind aspect. I'll have moved on by the time Persona 5 comes out, so I'd love a port to PS4. Failing that, I might have to buy a Vita, but that sounds like a less than ideal solution.

Sophia

After Arena I really wouldn't be surprised to see 4-2 instead of 5
You know what? I would love that too, the cast from P4 is awesome.

God no. There's nothing left for them to do with the P4 cast. Literally Arena has like virtually no character development for any of them and it's probably the weakest aspect of the story. Let Inaba rest, we're done there....

Pretty sure Persona 5 will be PS3. Vita, Xbox 360, and The Wii U are all on the table too, but the game's been in development for quite awhile so I doubt they suddenly switched away from a Sony platform.

It will not be on the 3DS. There's no way seeing as the mainline Megami Tensei franchises are there, and they've already had previous Persona games suck the life out of them even when they're on opposite platforms.

Making their only real internationally successful franchise exclusive would be a dumb idea.

Not really, pretty much all of the Persona fanbase has a PS3 and probably a Vita. Its still a relatively niche JRPG series and its not likely to gain any traction with the Dudebros on the 360.

The only real option beyond the PS3/Vita would be the 3DS.

Not really, pretty much all of the Persona fanbase has a PS3 and probably a Vita. Its still a relatively niche JRPG series and its not likely to gain any traction with the Dudebros on the 360.

The only real option beyond the PS3/Vita would be the 3DS.

I think it just depends on whether or not they feel the western 360 fanbase is worth going after. Someone mentioned earlier that they made the 360 version of Catherine because of that fanbase. If not then I could see it being PS3 exclusive with a Vita upgrade down the line.

Midou

Well it depends, if it's in the Catherine engine, not sure if the Vita could run it and still keep it looking as nice. If it was on PS3/PS4 or whatever, I would likely not get it separately on Vita anyway.

As awesome as P4 was, I really fucking don't want them to use the cast again, it would feel like a massive cop out.

Meia

It's always amusing to see people react to those gifs that they've never seen before. :p

I don't think we'd get a P4-2, unless they were willing to advance the characters 5 years or so and go to a university setting, there's not much else you can do with them.

And it does suck that Atlus usually stays a gen behind, but it is what it is. The only kind of thing that makes P5 on the PS4 somewhat possible is them listing Atlus as a dev that was working on something for the PS4 already on that list they had. It has to be SOMETHING, and P5 seems to be the most likely.

I'd say a PS3/PS4/Vita combo is somewhat likely, but who knows when the game is even coming OUT. If I had to guess, maybe they'll announce it once the last persona 3 movie airs or something...

Jamix012

God just looking through this thread, it'd be interesting to see the meltdowns if Persona 5 is announced for anything BUT the PS3. As it stands there doesn't seem much rationale for any console either way. If it releases PS3/360 I can't see it not also coming to the WiiU given Atlus' recent closening to Ninty. There isn't much logic to the non-3DS camp except "they were practicing for HD." As is stands any combination of consoles would not surprise me.

Flamfas

On the bright side, this might have enabled us to be able to get Soul Hackers. Ya know, I wish the Persona fanbase was more united, but alas, you can't have it all, and P1/2Duo and 3/4 are too differed. I am a fan of both, but depending where I go its like a civil war lol.

Oops missed this

But yeah, the two halves are quite different. I've beaten 3 and 4 and only played a little bit of IS so far but I really like it. Already bought P1 and EP so I have my work cut out for me ...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Real talk, Persona 2's cast only has like 4 good characters.

The only character it does better than 4 is Philemon.

nikos

P4G was my first Persona game. I'm very close to the end of it, and now want to play all of the others.

Top Bottom