• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 0722-2416 - DOM Lights dim for Ice Age, the force weakens with Star Trek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, is this true? I havent been checking the BO threads in a while but I *did* note his absence in other movie related threads

Yes. It's true. Well, not the Tarzan part. Though he did leave GAF right around the time Tarzan opened well. I'm sure they're not connected.

He really left to escape that creep Bronson Lee

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Dory is now at $830M. Getting to $1B is going to be more of a slog than anyone thought. Overseas aren't showing the same love for Dory that domestic audiences did.

how'd it do in the UK?

Exodust

Banned
It wouldn't be as bad as Alice, but Pirates 5 will have a large drop. Transformers 5 too. China can only do so much.

EDIT: Also, an Alice drop for Avatar 2 is still close to $800M

I don't like the Pirates movies but you're low balling. Those movies are mostly beloved by people. I don't see it breaking records but it'll certainly do a lot more than Alice, I'd be willing to wager it'll do more than Transformers.

Johnny Depp is not that big of a star, especially now, but Jack Sparrow the character is insanely popular.

tonka

how'd it do in the UK?

Here in Ireland it came out this week, screen wasn't half full when I saw yesterday in the afternoon on a three day weekend. Hard to judge, but I don't think the UK market was that much more into the original than we were here

John Dunbar

correct about everything
No. Dory will still top the animated domestic record by around $40M. Secret Life of Pets is what killed its late legs.

Overseas, I am not sure. Pets and Ice Age launching first in a lot of territories probably didn't help. I don't think that most parents are up for spending $50-100 taking their family to the movies every week. Pixar should perhaps re-think their worldwide launch approach.

how much of that is agreed by the studios? would the others be cool if pixar released before them everywhere? maybe there's an agreement that pixar goes first in america and others go first overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom