• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 09•15-17•17 - Assassin and mother! clowned, lack "IT" factor

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Hollywood really should ease into anime. Like pick a less known propriety and make a good movie about it.

Perfect Blue starring Anne Hathway 30 million budget.

Tokyo/NY Godfathers( make the marketing clear it isn't a mob movie)

Something simple and good that lets people know anime based movies can be good and not all about fireballs and shit

Perfect Blue, Evolution, and Gundam Wing was the first movies i ever brought with my own money from a job. I will always love them
People have already been ripping it off poorly. Nobody does split realities and dreams like Kon did. Animation just has such a leg up on that sort of stuff.

Slayven

Evolution???

Spiritual reboot of GHostbusters

51QPMVXYJGL.jpg

I am sure Bobby Roberts has words about it

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yeah what happened to Julianne Moore?

Eddie Griffith killed Orlando Jone's career

She was the president in Hunger Games. That's about it from what I can recall in the 10s

If Evolution came out in 2017, bronson would be trying to give it The Bump.

I'd bump it. I remember Jones and Dave coming on TRL to promote the flick and thinking it looked like trash. Saw it on TV and loved it.

kswiston

She was the president in Hunger Games. That's about it from what I can recall in the 10s

She also won best actress in Still Alice the year before last. She's also in Kingsman 2 this week.

EDIT: I originally said that she was nominated, forgetting that she won.

kswiston

When my younger brother was in early high school (early 00s), he was into anime but not old enough to really be discerning. One Boxing Day (Canadian Black Friday, only the day after X-Mas) he came home with the Escaflowne movie. It cost him something like $70, thanks to the ridiculous price of early 00s anime DVDs and the weak Canadian dollar at the time. His buyers remorse was immediate.

When my younger brother was in early high school (early 00s), he was into anime. One Boxing Day (Canadian Black Friday, only the day after X-Mas) he came home with the Escaflowne movie. It cost him something like $70, thanks to the ridiculous price of early 00s anime DVDs and the weak Canadian dollar at the time. His buyers remorse was immediate.

I haven't watched anime seriously since Macross. Aside from a Miyazaki flick here and there.

Fun fact: I have never seen
Akira

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Linda Hamilton and Terminator are trending on Twitter in the US, but Tomb Raider isn't. This is what you get for premiering your trailer at 1am on IGN. 😒

kswiston

I haven't watched anime seriously since Macross. Aside from a Miyazaki flick here and there.

Fun fact: I have never seen
Akira

I have dabbled in most forms of geekdom that don't really require me to interact in real life with other geeks (basically collectable card games, table-top gaming and PnP RPGs), so I went through an anime and manga phase in late high school and university. Probably 98 to 04ish. I watched a ton of stuff made during that period, and prior to it. I have watched very little since. I think that Samurai Champloo was coming out at about the same time that I was losing interest with anime. I watched an episode or two.

I never watched any Macross stuff though. I've seen Neon Genesis and Patlabor, but I was never really interested in mechs.

I got into Macross from watching Robotech, which is confusing to say the least. Additional the movie they're developing is based around Robotech and not Macross. The western made video games were based on Robotech, while the Japanese games were Macross.

Speaking of Robotech, It's director Andy Muschietti is signed on to direct Robotech. Used to be James Wan. Just recently they brought on a new writer. Don't know if Tobey Maguire and Leo DiCaprio remain involved, or left when Sony took it over.

Check out the Action Figure OT some time.

Seriously, that Macross stuff will make your head spin.

I have

Hikaru's trainer from the pilot TV
Hikaru's Fighter (DYRL)
Fokker's Skull Fighter (DYRL)
Millia Genius' Armored Valykrie (DYRL)
Maxillion Genius' Armored Valykrie (DYRL)
Cannon Fodder

All Yamato 1/60 from like 10 years ago.

kswiston

Mechs have never done anything for me, even outside of anime.

I like Front Mission (well, liked. Real Front Mission is dead), and I don't hate them in Metal Gear Solid. I never bothered with Mech Warrior, Zone of Enders, Armored Core, etc though.

I'm drawing a blank on mechs in western movies outside of Pacific Rim and Robot Wars.

I like Front Mission (well, liked. Real Front Mission is dead), and I don't hate them in Metal Gear Solid. I never bothered with Mech Warrior, Zone of Enders, Armored Core, etc though.

I'm drawing a blank on mechs in western movies outside of Pacific Rim and Robot Wars.

Robot Jox?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

I should play Front Mission so I can be sad its gone. I like stuff with mechs but the mechs themselves have never been a reason to go experience something

Peele debunked that Akira rumor within a couple days of it getting floated, if I remember right.

I'm still curious as to how you even attempt this film without setting it in Japan and using Japanese teenagers.

I mean, I know HOW they could attempt it, it's just that attempt is going to fundamentally fuck up a large part of why AKIRA works like it does.

Like, you guys thought Snyder didn't get Watchmen? Wait til WB ropes someone into adapting AKIRA to take place with 20 something white dudes in NYC

Funny enough if Snyder was directing it he would probably try to stay close to the source material like Watchmen. Remember, WB originally wanted Watchmen to take place in modern day in a post-911 world.

Top Bottom