• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woah! Celebrities Before & After Plastic Surgery Photos!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cafeman

The first film I ever saw Nicole Kidman in was Deep Calm. She was quite young then -- younger than the above ugly pic (what role was she playing in that pic?) -- and a knockout. She certainly did have pl. surgery (and she looks freakish now) but she was gorgeous before it. I don't understand...

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Cafeman said:
The first film I ever saw Nicole Kidman in was Deep Calm. She was quite young then -- younger than the above ugly pic (what role was she playing in that pic?) -- and a knockout. She certainly did have pl. surgery (and she looks freakish now) but she was gorgeous before it. I don't understand...
She was definitely gorgeous in her earlier films, particularly Dead Calm. That's just gotta be a really bad picture of her.

Manics said:
Wow

s5xsmb.jpg

"You found me beautiful once!"

"Honey...you got real ugly."

Red Scarlet

demon said:
She was definitely gorgeous in her earlier films, particularly Dead Calm. That's just gotta be a really bad picture of her.

I'm thinking that the old pic of Kidman is from that 'Far and Away' movie, where she met Tom Cruise and they had Irish-y accents.

Cafeman

Red Scarlet said:
I'm thinking that the old pic of Kidman is from that 'Far and Away' movie, where she met Tom Cruise and they had Irish-y accents.

Strange coincidence, me & wifey poo watched this film tonight after work. She was sweet looking in that movie too -- I don't recognize that "bad" shot from F&A or really any film I ever saw.

Raistlin

Madrin said:
One nose job cannot possibly do that much to your face. I'm going to venture a guess that the first picture was taken on a bad day, from a bad angle, and maybe had a few distortion filters applied.

You're also forgetting that the one on the left is when shes about 13, while the other, around 22. :\

Raistlin

Soul4ger said:
Keira Knightley really ruined herself.

Am I missing something? Other than her nose job, the only difference is her makeup, hairstyle, and the look on her face. All things that are changeable.

Red Scarlet

Cafeman said:
Strange coincidence, me & wifey poo watched this film tonight after work. She was sweet looking in that movie too -- I don't recognize that "bad" shot from F&A or really any film I ever saw.

Oh, F&A was the first movie I could think of that had her in it, so took a shot.

As much as you guys want to point and yell "shallow", that's a huge part of the movie industry, particularly for women. They can either 'compete' in terms of beauty or potentially get less roles and less money.

That said, yeah, a lot of the work shown in this thread doesn't look that great.

way more

lsslave said:
I think I am the only one who will flat out prefer the originals...

Natural beauty is so much better than prosthetic beauty

Beauty is supposed to be flawed, if you love someone then they are beautiful REGARDLESS of their flaws!

I HATE our society that requires 'perfection'

Isn't that shallow, to judge a person on a their aesthetic choices? If someone feels better with a nose job then whom am I to say it's not right? It's like wearing a different color coat. I think this also goes to prove before a girl gets a boob job she should think about getting a nose job.

Kestastrophe said:
I am not sure that Kenny Rogers qualifies as a celebrity.
kenny-rogers-face-lift.jpg

Apparently, his plastic surgeon did not "know when to hold em, know when to walk away"

Yeah, ole Kenny kinda came away looking "Michael Jackson freakish"....but came away with an "almost" instead...but damn....when you're on that level of comparison, you know you've fallen from grace quite a bit.

Squeak

Lol at how all the before pics are low res, extreme compressed with bad white balance.
IMO +90% look better in the before pictures, if you are able to look through the poor IQ.

Pimpwerx

Holy shit Nicole Kidman was a very unfortunate-looking woman before that substantial surgery. They gave her a friggin face transplant.

SJP...that cop movie with Bruce Willis was so long ago. Who am I kidding, that was probably a body double anyway. My god what a train wreck that is.

Oh, and Natalie Portman. I am going to destroy my gf's world since that is her total lesbo crush. She had a fat little face before. So much for her "natural beauty" my gf always talks about. This thread is gold. :lol PEACE.

Goldrusher

75% of that list is utter bullshit.

A difference in age, lighting, hair style, make-up is not a sign of plastic surgery.

I liked a nose job (I don't think I'd have the stones or money to do), but after looking at the way most of them seem to turn out...no thanks.

Wow, now I know why most actresses look the same; they have the same nose job. A few women out of that original set of pics show improvement from 'before' to 'after,' but most of them seem turned into this homogenized figure of Hollywood beauty: tight, thin mouths, too sharp cheek bones, and vapid eyes. That pic of Nicole Kidman looks like a damn mannequin-zombie.

Jasper said:
Nose jobs are actually one of the most easiest and popular plastic surgery procedures.

There is absolutely nothing difficult about getting them (especially to celebrities). There are like over a hundred plastic surgeons in the Beverly Hills region alone.

By "getting" I meant "acknowledging".

Facial structure changes a lot when someone grows up.

Tom_Cody

Kabuki Waq said:
he has an excuse tho his face was mangled because he took up boxing and got crushed.

That in itself is an excuse as far as I can tell. I love boxing, and facial injuries are extremely rare. When they do happen though, the fighter ends up looking exactly like they did before after having corrective surgery. I have never seen or heard of a boxer being permanently disfigured from fighting.

Besides, while he was a pro he wasn't even fighting real fights. It isn't like he got mauled into having his face look like that.

I have heard this excuse from him before, but I have never heard what happened exactly. Anything is possible I suppose, but it would be the first time I've ever seen it happen to a boxer.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Didn't we just have this thread in the last week or so..?

Anyway, looks like they changed the brad pitt picture to make it more obvious..

I've been reading a book on happiness, and one of the things it suggests as a possibility for lastingly boosting your happiness is to have plastic surgery. Apparently most people who have plastic surgery report being happy with it, and report a lasting boost in well-being because of it. Boob jobs having the biggest effect. Apparently it's more because of 'shame' than anything else - e.g. a girl being very self-concious because her breasts are either too big or too small, and the plastic surgery more often than not relieves that, and thus takes a big psychological weight off the person.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
OpinionatedCyborg said:
Yeah, but I don't love any of these people, and a lot of the surgeries they had performed were very tasteful (or non-existent... comparing pictures from different angles that may have been taken 10 - 15 years apart isn't great evidence for plastic surgery's occurrence).

The difference is that people who see these celebrities want plastic surgery because they think that they need to look perfect, I admit I am very self conscious (especially as a guy many see that as wrong) and I weigh myself twice every day and count calories

At the same time I see the 'famous' stars who are all 'perfect' bodied and I know what I am competing with, that is our societies view of beautiful

Kosma

Banned
I don't get all these nose jobs.

Poor Mickey Rourke he was quite a looker back in the day. He regressed so much faster then lets say a Brando.

Goldrusher

Old thread, but just let me say half of those comparisons are bullshit.

Compare a fat 15 year old with a skinny 25 year old and you'll see differences.
Same with different lighting, make-up, hair behind or in front of ears, push-up bras, smile or no smile, mouth open or closed, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom