• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein developers are “incredibly disappointed” that fighting Nazis is now “problematic”

Kamfair55

Banned
You're not getting it though. You're pointing to dynamics that's been fed to you by the people you should consider the enemy. You're being manipulated while thinking you know what's going on. You don't and as long as you're stuck in this racism narrative, you wont be able to see the truth and move forward. That's why i made the sarcastic comment about you travelling the country to see the impact - do you really think the people in trailer parks are any different than you? That they're keeping you down? Think for yourself. They're just like you, except they're being told the black people are to blame. Wake up and start focusing on the actual enemy
Those in those trailer parks don't have to deal with centuries of academic, political, economic and social issues stemming from racism

Assumption number 1: All Trump supporters feel threatened by the mere thought of equal treatment.

Assumption number 2: All people who feel threatened by the mere thought of equal treatment are like the people that were hanging blacks

Assumption number 3: Since all Trump supporters want to hang blacks that means they're nazis

Your "logic" reminds me of one the most classic Daily Show sketches ever where Jon Stewart was making fun of that type of logic but from a progressive standpoint. Its sad how liberals managed to move from that to this absolute circus we have now,

I've never been a Glenn Beck fan (or any political news person for that matter) but the clips that Jon are making fun of him for actually seem legitimate in the current times. It is really crazy how fast all of this tension has been ratcheted up since social media has become embedded in our culture.

Kamfair55

Banned
It's like I'm talking to a fucking AI chatbot that churns out woke twitter talking points without even really acknowledging what I've been saying. I give up.
The fact that you keep bringing up "woke Twitter" shows your only encounters regarding the black experience in this country is online says a lot do yourself a favor and LISTEN and study since you will never personally experience the things black people go through give yourself a history lesson not for me but for yourself

Nothing has been told to me once again that same logic has been used for decades claiming that black people who have a particular experience have been told they had this experience or they are watching too much media it's a way to dismiss what's going on

Have YOU had all those experiences though? Or are you just latching on to the victimhood of others? You sound exactly like those you claim to be fighting.

Kamfair55

Banned
Sadly, you're so far gone you can't be reached. Hopefully, you'll wake up one day and stop blaming 'the whites' for everything, which by the way is pretty racist. I'm done engaging honestly with you
Im not blaming "the whites" im blaming racism that some white people subscribe to nobody in this thread acknowledges red lining and the effect it had on black people and their families nobody on this form arguing with me acknowledges cointelpro nobody on this thread can speak to me about the failed school system, quality of the books in the school system and the contents within those books nobody can talk to me about policing and how on multiple levels it's broken and rooted in racism and the way they treat African-Americans in this country nobody in this forum can tell me about the prison system and how it goes hand-in-hand with racism this is what I said about listening to those who deal with it and are the targets for these issues no white man is telling me anything that is the most disrespectful part of it all to assume that I don't have my own mind and I'm being told by some white person that these are the things I'm facing

Im not blaming "the whites" im blaming racism that some white people subscribe to nobody in this thread acknowledges red lining and the effect it had on black people and their families nobody on this form arguing with me acknowledges cointelpro nobody on this thread can speak to me about the failed school system, quality of the books in the school system and the contents within those books nobody can talk to me about policing and how on multiple levels it's broken and rooted in racism and the way they treat African-Americans in this country nobody in this forum can tell me about the prison system and how it goes hand-in-hand with racism this is what I said about listening to those who deal with it and are the targets for these issues no white man is telling me anything that is the most disrespectful part of it all to assume that I don't have my own mind and I'm being told by some white person that these are the things I'm facing

This thread has nothing to do with redlining so why would anybody acknowledge it?

This thread is about Machine Games being disappointed by people who told them that fighting Nazi's are problematic. Why don't you go over to politics and start a thread about black history for all of us who are so ignorant?

Kamfair55

Banned
Have YOU had all those experiences though? Or are you just latching on to the victimhood of others? You sound exactly like those you claim to be fighting.
once again another racist talking point assuming that black people are making that things up black history doesn't exist somehow dealing with these problems. Me personally yes I have faced racism I faced racism as a child in school I have to deal with the fact that I may be pulled over and treated negatively I have to deal with the neighborhood I grew up in because in my previous post redlining stopped a lot of us from moving anywhere I have to deal with the fact that some of my family members ended up addicted to crack because Rick Ross's drug empire spread to my city that is a problem the CIA has a direct hand in I have to deal with losing friends to gang violence another issue a government had a hand in cointelpro destroyed a number of black organizations that were doing what white people always say we don't do which is pulling ourselves up by the bootstraps they had community centers free lunch programs etc our government took out their leadership and the rest fell apart and are the gangs we know today I had to deal with movies betraying people that look like me as only thugs or unintelligent I have to fight through that brainwashing I had to deal with my peers being given up on by teachers who didn't care about the students or being in a school system that doesn't care about the black experience as a whole once again this whole assumption that I'm just making things up is extremely disrespectful you claim to be so-called against the powers that be but won't even stop to look at what they did and are doing to people that are black and brown in this country and yes regular white people have a hand in that

Kamfair55

Banned
This thread has nothing to do with redlining so why would anybody acknowledge it?

This thread is about Machine Games being disappointed by people who told them that fighting Nazi's are problematic. Why don't you go over to politics and start a thread about black history for all of us who are so ignorant?
Because when I speaking on racism I'm being told that I'm making things up or some white man is telling me these things or it's victimhood when I bring up the cause and effect all of a sudden it's why am I bringing these things up? You can't have it both ways. These regular gaming forum discussions are turning into political discussions anyway whenever a game developer does something they're accused of being an sjw and then the political discussions jump off from there I'm always 100% in favor of punching Nazis and klansmen and whatever racist scum of the earth exists in video games or otherwise. The devs were taking cues from the political climate we live in today which is extremely racist Republicans are fueling that fire and some people on here are taking offense to that acting like they aren't so I decided to provide context and a little bit of history

Katsura

Because when I speaking on racism I'm being told that I'm making things up or some white man is telling me these things or it's victimhood when I bring up the cause and effect all of a sudden it's why am I bringing these things up? You can't have it both ways. These regular gaming forum discussions are turning into political discussions anyway whenever a game developer does something they're accused of being an sjw and then the political discussions jump off from there I'm always 100% in favor of punching Nazis and klansmen and whatever racist scum of the earth exists in video games or otherwise. The devs were taking cues from the political climate we live in today which is extremely racist Republicans are fueling that fire and some people on here are taking offense to that acting like they aren't so I decided to provide context and a little bit of history
You should have provided that context instead of the racist rants you posted. So far, the only racist here is you, yet you have no problems labelling half the country 'racist nazis'. That's not even touching on the fact you clearly have no idea what an actual nazi is. You're like those 'progressives' yelling fascist at everyone while using fascist tactics. I'd laugh at the irony if it wasn't so fucking moronic

Kururu

Sir Laughs-A-Lot
Staff Member

This is off-topic and derailing this thread. Please continue with the topic.

Kamfair55

Banned
You should have provided that context instead of the racist rants you posted. So far, the only racist here is you, yet you have no problems labelling half the country 'racist nazis'. That's not even touching on the fact you clearly have no idea what an actual nazi is. You're like those 'progressives' yelling fascist at everyone while using fascist tactics. I'd laugh at the irony if it wasn't so fucking moronic
What racist things have I said? You can't name them because they weren't racist I said some white people in this country subscribe to fear and hatred which leads them to do the things they do if you feel offended by that that's on you I'm not preaching hatred or anyting else that needs to stop whenever somebody brings up racism it does not make them racist you got triggered because I called Republicans racist that's your fault. And that's another thing I said don't be a crybaby because the rest of the world doesn't want to hear you're racist views you're not being oppressed because you want to be a racist shitbag you're not being oppressed because you want to be a Nazi sympathizer get off of the internet get off of YouTube and their talking point get off of Twitter get in the real world you quit using stupid internet catch phrases like woke and progressive I'm 29 years old I've been dealing with this my whole life I've been thinking this way with my whole life on my own accord due to my experiences and the understanding that I have on the systems and how they impact me and others like me unless you had those experiences shut the fuck up. if you truly want to help or come to some type of understanding listen to what the people who have gone through this have to say and if it's getting too convoluted online get offline and get active in the real world meet people talk to them what is their experience? Try and learn what has happened to black people in this country make an effort to understand before talking out of your ass just because you're surrounded by people who think the same way that you do on an internet forum.

Kamfair55

Banned
This is off-topic and derailing this thread. Please continue with the topic.
It's not off topic it's right in line of the topic of this thread but if you feel that way you need to send that same message to everybody who replied to my initial comment on this forum or you're being biased.

It's not off topic it's right in line of the topic of this thread but if you feel that way you need to send that same message to everybody who replied to my initial comment on this forum or you're being biased.

You have continuously made this thread about you and the experience of black people in this country. At no point have you made any coherent connection of your ranting to the topic of this thread. All of the replies to you since then have tried to help you understand this but you don't want to understand anything, you just want to complain that some white guy is telling you something.

Kamfair55

Banned
You have continuously made this thread about you and the experience of black people in this country. At no point have you made any coherent connection of your ranting to the topic of this thread. All of the replies to you since then have tried to help you understand this but you don't want to understand anything, you just want to complain that some white guy is telling you something.
No I didn't I made my first comment and people responded about Republicans not being racist I explained how they were then the personal attacks came like I was making things up so I pulled from my personal experience then people told me it was about victimhood or I was just blaming white people so I provided actual historical context now it's back to making it about me? get the fuck out of here you made it about yourself once you responded to me.

Kenpachii

What racist things have I said? You can't name them because they weren't racist I said some white people in this country subscribe to fear and hatred which leads them to do the things they do if you feel offended by that that's on you I'm not preaching hatred or anyting else that needs to stop whenever somebody brings up racism it does not make them racist you got triggered because I called Republicans racist that's your fault. And that's another thing I said don't be a crybaby because the rest of the world doesn't want to hear you're racist views you're not being oppressed because you want to be a racist shitbag you're not being oppressed because you want to be a Nazi sympathizer get off of the internet get off of YouTube and their talking point get off of Twitter get in the real world you quit using stupid internet catch phrases like woke and progressive I'm 29 years old I've been dealing with this my whole life I've been thinking this way with my whole life on my own accord due to my experiences and the understanding that I have on the systems and how they impact me and others like me unless you had those experiences shut the fuck up. if you truly want to help or come to some type of understanding listen to what the people who have gone through this have to say and if it's getting too convoluted online get offline and get active in the real world meet people talk to them what is their experience? Try and learn what has happened to black people in this country make an effort to understand before talking out of your ass just because you're surrounded by people who think the same way that you do on an internet forum.

U are no people. U are a citizen of the united states. Ur color doesn't matter. If your environment tells you it matters. Move away from that environment and go somewhere else.

If a guy says the N word towards you, its the same as somebody saying the R word at a white guy that lives in a trailer park. U don't want to live in a trailer park, get your backpack and move away. Save up some cash and go.

There are loads of successful black people, there are loads of people that have success and can work there way out. What you need to do is spend less time with toxic people that tell you what you should think and how you should think and what "category you fall on race" because those are the true racists.

It's all in your own head.

The fact that you constantly mention ' us people" or" my people" and white this and white that already makes you a classic racist. U think in colors not in people. The fact that you think that this random white guy somewhere sits there daily hating on black people because he's white is just ridiculous.

White people make fun of anybody even other white people, they make fun of ginders, they make fun of people that are short, long, have weird shaped heads, weird eyes, weird nose, are extremely white. People make fun of everybody. That doesn't mean they suddenly absolutely hate people in certain ur so called categories.

I hear people say cancer while i play online games all day long when shit isn't going there way. Yet my mom died from cancer and it wrecked me when i had to take care of her and deal with it for 2 years long. Do i get mad when i hear people say cancer? no its a curse word and nothing else.

But in your world and all those extreme lefty's word it means that guy supports cancer and worseships it and must therefore be eliminated as result or brainwashed or punished.

Honestly start spending less time with people that think a certain way and start spending time with people that think in a positive way about stuff.

Last edited:

Kamfair55

Banned
U are no people. U are a citizen of the united states. Ur color doesn't matter. If your environment tells you it matters. Move away from that environment and go somewhere else.

If a guy says the N word towards you, its the same as somebody saying the R word at a white guy that lives in a trailer park. U don't want to live in a trailer park, get your backpack and move away. Save up some cash and go.

There are loads of successful black people, there are loads of people that have success and can work there way out. What you need to do is spend less time with toxic people that tell you what you should think and how you should think and what "category you fall on race" because those are the true racists.

It's all in your own head.

The fact that you constantly mention ' us people" or" my people" and white this and white that already makes you a classic racist. U think in colors not in people. The fact that you think that this random white guy somewhere sits there daily hating on black people because he's white is just ridiculous.

White people make fun of anybody even other white people, they make fun of ginders, they make fun of people that are short, long, have weird shaped heads, weird eyes, weird nose, are extremely white. People make fun of everybody. That doesn't mean they suddenly absolutely hate people in certain ur so called categories.

I hear people say cancer while i play online games all day long when shit isn't going there way. Yet my mom died from cancer and it wrecked me when i had to take care of her and deal with it for 2 years long. Do i get mad when i hear people say cancer? no its a curse word and nothing else.

But in your world and all those extreme lefty's word it means that guy supports cancer and worseships it and must therefore be eliminated as result or brainwashed or punished.

The only racist here is u so far.
Shut the fuk up your whole paragraph spoke to your lack of intellect on the very topic in the first place you don't deserve a detailed response

Kamfair55

Banned
So you have nothing like the shit racist you are.

Go back to your alt left or right website clown.
I don't debate with idiots or respond to losers who identify with anime characters because they're losers in real life take your autistic slob smelling room having ass somewhere else

I don't debate with idiots or respond to losers who identify with anime characters because they're losers in real life take your autistic slob smelling room having ass somewhere else

So you will go ahead and call someone autistic as an insult here in this thread but claim you aren't hateful? How would you feel if someone called you a slur? But we're the hateful ones?

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but you've proven to be either a troll or a brainwashed ideologue. Either way...

giphy.gif

Kamfair55

Banned
So you will go ahead and call someone autistic as an insult here in this thread but claim you aren't hateful? How would you feel if someone called you a slur? But we're the hateful ones?

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but you've proven to be either a troll or a brainwashed ideologue. Either way...

giphy.gif
because I'm not with people insulting my intelligence telling me it's all in my head don't insult and you won't get insulted back and it's funny you use that Friday meme your weak ass probably just watched it in The last 5 years welcome to the party black people wore those jokes out in the 90s

joe_zazen

Your contributions are important. I hope you stick around. Also, you might want to check out Black Socialists of America. <—-Good people

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Banned
Shut the fuk up your whole paragraph spoke to your lack of intellect on the very topic in the first place you don't deserve a detailed response

Not everyone can go toe-to-toe with an intellectual heavyweight like you. Clearly your masterful arguments of “half the country’s population hates black people” and “shut the fuk up” are beyond the comprehension of us troglodytes.

Kamfair55

Banned
Not everyone can go toe-to-toe with an intellectual heavyweight like you. Clearly your masterful arguments of “half the country’s population hates black people” and “shut the fuk up” are beyond the comprehension of us troglodytes.
Never said that if you cant respond to the original comment i made OR actually add an informed point of view that doesn't draw from the dismissive "black people are making it up" talking point don't reply

Whitesnake

Banned
Where does that say i said half the country hates black people? Matter of fact go find in my original post where i said that? I'll wait

Give me a rough percentage of how much of the country you believe is republican, votes republican, or holds republican views.

I’m sorry but this thread completely jumped the shark a long time ago. I’ll do my best to get us back on course with the following friendly reminders:

1) Killing Nazis is an American pastime, much like baseball and apple pie.

2) In this day and age, calling anyone a Nazi (other than actual Nazis) is totally offensive to anyone with a semi-decent understanding of history. We can disagree with each other without all the goddamned toxicity.

3) Wolfenstein the New Order and the New Colossus we’re both fantastic fucking games that don’t deserve to be bogged down by whatever weird political discourse is happening here.

4) Some of you clearly need to adjust the screws on your trigger pulls because they’re clearly set way the hell too light.

I was looking into the source for this article a little further and the "interview" seems to basically amount to

MachineGames senior game director Andreas Öjerfors has said it's "incredibly weird and disappointing" that the company's Wolfenstein games have become more relevant as time has moved on.

Speaking to PCGamesInsider.biz at Gamescom 2019, the developer said that the studio just wanted to make "interesting stories" with 2014's The New Order and that they were never intended to be relevant, but a change in the cultural zeitgeist has made them so.

Öjerfors also said that once it started working on 2017 follow-up, The New Colossus, the studio started to see more conversation about the game's theme - fighting the Nazis - being problematic.

"It's incredibly weird and disappointing. We never meant for our stories to be relevant, we wanted to tell great, interesting stories to the best of our abilities," he told PCGamesInsider.biz.

"But then, when we started to talk about Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, we started to get comments online about the theme of the game, fighting the Nazis. Somehow some people felt that was problematic, which is just incredibly disappointing. We've seen an increase of right-wing extremism in the Western world. We see that online to a great degree. Right-wing extremists are great at affecting the debate online. And of course, maybe they abused us to whip up some anger when we were making Wolfenstein II."

I don't know what the OPs intentions were with this thread but it is pretty clear that Machine Games are the only ones that are still talking about this. After the article in the OP I got several articles from 2017 about TNC with pathetic attempts to breakdown the comments on youtube videos as if they were actual political commentary.

Then, a few months later:

And thats just the verge,

There are plenty of others...

Basically it looks to me like Machine Games needs to keep this narrative alive for themselves. Why would they STILL find it incredibly weird and be disappointed about something that they have been aware of for 2 years?

Wolfenstein the New Order and the New Colossus we’re both fantastic fucking games that don’t deserve to be bogged down by whatever weird political discourse is happening here.

It doesn't seem to me that Machine Games think all this political posturing are bogging down their games.

Edited for grammarliness

Last edited:
"We never meant for our stories to be relevant; we wanted to tell great, interesting stories to the best of our abilities.”

Please tell me they aren't talking about Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Oh wait, they are. The FUCK? This game was about as retarded as it gets. They can't tell a good story to save their lives, because what I played was jammed full with one sided political nonsense that didn't belong in that piece of garbage. Fuck those guys.

oagboghi2

I’m sorry but this thread completely jumped the shark a long time ago. I’ll do my best to get us back on course with the following friendly reminders:

1) Killing Nazis is an American pastime, much like baseball and apple pie.

2) In this day and age, calling anyone a Nazi (other than actual Nazis) is totally offensive to anyone with a semi-decent understanding of history. We can disagree with each other without all the goddamned toxicity.

3) Wolfenstein the New Order and the New Colossus we’re both fantastic fucking games that don’t deserve to be bogged down by whatever weird political discourse is happening here.

4) Some of you clearly need to adjust the screws on your trigger pulls because they’re clearly set way the hell too light.
This is not true

azz0r

Banned
This user has been removed from the thread.
The irony being is that you two just did the exact same thing. My original post was asking for clarification - wasn't dismissing the original post at all. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Ozrimandias

There was a time when you played Wolfstein, killed some nazis, fighting a mechanical Hitler and stuff......

Now its "problematic" cause everything now is serious, and political and everyone is sensitive and gets offended

Top Bottom