• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Watching some of the PS3 footage on Youtube.....the body crumpling after kills is some of the best in a non-Rockstar game I've seen in a while. Your weapons really cut through standard enemies.

Virzeth

Same here. It's a big-budget FPS with no tacked-on multiplayer and a 15-20 hour SP campaign in which you turn Nazis into swiss-cheese by dual-wielding auto-shotguns. If I don't reward that then I'm just a bad person.

RavingRaptorJesus.gif

Only the devs have the ability to comment at this point - although now that the PS3 version has leaked, we'll probably hear soon. Some things to consider:

AI looks pretty aggressive even on Normal.
There is a choice that splits the game into two meaningfully different branches, so you might want to play it twice.
There are extra gameplay modes/modifiers (one of which is very interesting, apparently) that can be unlocked by finding collectibles.

Could some good ol' retro FPS physics modifier (60 MPH movement, rocket jumping, bunny hoppin'...) still be 'viable' and/or enjoyable in this kind of setting?
I managed to avoid every gameplay video except for the one zakislam shared (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109929967&postcount=1), so I'll (gladly) be jumping in blind, but I so want to Believe.

YD8gUo2.jpg

ibqFgYxQgI3hRz.gif
ibqFgYxQgI3hRz.gif

I for one am sold.

I hope the graphics of the current gen versions have been substantially augmented over previous gen versions. It would be a major let down if the difference was only nominal.

Feindflug

I hope the graphics of the current gen versions have been substantially augmented over previous gen versions. It would be a major let down if the difference was only nominal.

After seeing a PS4 stream on twitch a few days ago and now a PS3 playthrough on youtube I have to say that the difference is big, textures & lighting are much better plus the IQ will be a massive improvement.

After seeing a PS4 stream on twitch a few days ago and now a PS3 playthrough on youtube I have to say that the difference is big, textures & lighting are much better plus the IQ will be a massive improvement.

Glad to hear it!

Hadn't really juxtaposed the two to compare. Thanks for the impressions.

damn

would have bought it but i dont support censorship

It's not censorship, though.
It's comforting to German law. Which is totally okay in my book.
The only REAL downside of the German version is that we don't get the English voice overs, but the German voices are at least well done.

Duallusion

Im
patiently waiting for reviews/impressions before I bite.

Hopefully they'll be in 8/10 region and that advertised length will be true. And it better have skippable cutscenes for those additional playthroughs!

Xater

i wouldnt mind the symbols but the real Problem is that there is high likely no english Audio available because of the nazi references.
Does anyone have information about that?

Audio is also censored and no English voice option. If it really was just the symbols I wouldn't care. I didn't care in any WW2 shooter before.

Skyr

Audio is also censored and no English voice option. If it really was just the symbols I wouldn't care. I didn't care in any WW2 shooter before.

ok then its no option for me. I just cant take german voiceovers anymore.

Drewfonse

New Rule: if you post a picture of your hand holding an eagerly awaited game in the OT for that game, you must post impressions within 24 hrs.

Or there will be flogging.

LEss bothered about reviews rolling in, more interested into hearing real time playthrough length. I have to assume it won't actually be 20 hours but even 10-12 would be great.

Xater

LEss bothered about reviews rolling in, more interested into hearing real time playthrough length. I have to assume it won't actually be 20 hours but even 10-12 would be great.

If the real length ends up being 10-12 hours I would be pretty happy with it.

Screenshot from PSN Store:
Some weird looking nazis and their uniforms are completely different from those shown in trailers. Those are some strange emblems...
I first thought there are japanese soldiers but it's a palm tree and some fence ?
Tropical resort nazis confirmed lol :p

keezy

Wow. I never thought about having a "different" German copy of this game. Is there an article that has information about how they require censorship of media like this? I think that would be an interesting read.

Some weird looking nazis and their uniforms are completely different from those shown in trailers. Those are some strange emblems...
I first thought there are japanese soldiers but it's a palm tree and some fence ?

Censored version?

gruenel

German laws piss me off. I'm not buying a crippled version without english voiceovers and nazi symbols. Wolfenstein is only half the fun when you're not shooting nazis.

US version import it is, but that'll take 2 weeks. AARGH!

Please be good please be good please be good.

I love shooters so much I crave a no ADS good gunplay fast paced fps with satisfying hit reactions;

Please be those things, please be a good port

Donos

This was a solid rent for a weekend for me (PS3). Expected some shitty censorship but no english voices ? (i'm in germany) WTF. No rent for me. Putting it on my "buy on PC when you get a new rig" list.

Some variant of the Africa Corp probably.

This was a solid rent for a weekend for me (PS3). Expected some shitty censorship but no english voices ? (i'm in germany) WTF. No rent for me. Putting it on my "buy on PC when you get a new rig" list.

You won't be able to activate the uncut US (PC) Version in Germany. :/

ekim

gruenel

Well the Nazis are spoken by the same persons as in the English version as they will talk German in both versions. But they had to rephrase a lot of stuff. Just watch the "Train to Berlin" video in the original version:
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/wolfenstein-the-new-order-train-to-berlin-gameplay/2300-6417849/

and the German version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAAnS8FN9J8

Fucking horrible

I just read that the UK version is also completely uncut, so I'll just order from Amazon.co.uk. It should arrive somewhere around the 22nd.

Danneee

Can't decide between the PS4 or PC version.
The PS4 is more expensive but at 50gb this would take a huge chunk from the 240gb SSD in my PC.

Is there any visual differences between the versions? AA/AF aside?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd advise anybody considering pre-ordering the PC version from Simply CD Keys not to do so:

Well shit I've just had my first real problem with Steam where they have deactivated my Dark Souls 2 CD key 10 days after I bought it.

I got it from simplycdkeys so it shouldn't be a problem getting another one (hopefully) but I'm pretty pissed that Steam thinks it's OK to deny me access to something I bought legally while the two companies involved sort their shit out - or more to the point make me do it for them.

Oh and before anyone says simplycdkeys is a shifty key site they are part of simply games who are a well known and fairly big UK retailer, which is where I'm from too, so that isn't the issue and my account has almost 300 games that have all been bought from Steam, simplycdkey, retail and greenmangaming so there is nothing out of place with that either.

Anyone had anything like this happen before? My main concern is losing the build I spent 19 hours on over the last 10 days putting together.

Here's the message I got btw: "Your recent Product code activation has been revoked due to a problem processing payment for this item. The games associated with this product code can no longer be played as a result. This could be due a problem with the payment methods you used to acquire this item from a third-party seller; or a problem with how the third-party seller acquired the Product code. Please contact the seller you acquired the Product code from for assistance."

Assholes! :(

Paid via PayPal who I called last night and they confirmed payment completed fine.

Rant/
Anyway I'm starting to get concerned with SCDKs support already. They appear to have blocked my FB message and the phone goes directly to answer machine, not even a queue.
Anyway further to all this I have tired calling simply games around 5/6 times this morning and they appear to completely ignore their phone. On the first 2 attempts it rang for a while first but now it goes directly to answer phone, I'm actually interested if it does this for just my number but I can't check as I'm at work.

I've passed it onto PayPal now so hopefully I'll get a refund in 10 days at worst but regardless I won't be using simply again after this.

TL;DR: SCDK filed a key dispute and JustinJ004 lost his game as a result.

Anung

Un Rama
Money was taken out my account and I hope I get dispatch E-mail today. I really hope this arrives tomorrow as my GF is working all weekend so I want to play the shit out of that shit.

Top Bottom