• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

rSpooky

I played the demo extensively during the PAX Bethesda party. And talked a bit with the (a?) producer of the game.And it was a great experience so I pre-ordered it based on that. It was not the GOAT. but it had a great fun feel to it . :)
Look forward to the whole story. I was even told that based on your decisions in the(at end off) prologue level the rest of the game shows you a different story//characters, so added replay value right there. that sounds good to me as well.

Good to see this game hitting 1080P 60 FPS. I feel 60 FPS is pretty much mandatory this gen for shooters. I want that fluid and smooth feel of 60 =P

Fedele

I played the demo extensively during the PAX Bethesda party. And talked a bit with the (a?) producer of the game.And it was a great experience so I pre-ordered it based on that. It was not the GOAT. but it had a great fun feel to it . :)
Look forward to the whole story. I was even told that based on your decisions in the(at end off) prologue level the rest of the game shows you a different story//characters, so added replay value right there. that sounds good to me as well.

Nice, I'll have some great single player fun anytime!

And apparently there's two storylines based on an early decision you take. There's also this "special mode" after you finish the game that wasn't explained so far.

lmbotiva

This seems like one of those games that will price drop pretty quicky...Gonna wait on this one.
it will, the fact is coming out in the same month as watch dogs and it has no multiplayer will make this hit sub 30 on less than a month, will be a good rental to play trough

This seems like one of those games that will price drop pretty quicky...Gonna wait on this one.

Of course it will. It's a SP game. That's what happens.

Still, I'm buying Day 1 to support the guys at Machinegames. I'm sick of buying MP AAA titles like Titanfall, CoD, and BF at full price (because of the social pressure from friends) and then waiting for SP games from studios I support to get cheap. This time, I thought I'd put my money where my mouth is.

Loxley

Still, I'm buying Day 1 to support the guys at Machinegames. I'm sick of buying MP AAA titles like Titanfall, CoD, and BF at full price (because of the social pressure from friends) and then waiting for SP games from studios I support to get cheap. This time, I thought I'd put my money where my mouth is.

Same here. It's a big-budget FPS with no tacked-on multiplayer and a 15-20 hour SP campaign in which you turn Nazis into swiss-cheese by dual-wielding auto-shotguns. If I don't reward that then I'm just a bad person.

Rip

I have spent the last hour or so cleaning off my main drive to free up 50gbs for WNO.

My body is ready.

Deadbeat

Banned
Watching some ps3 footage and the textures are pretty bad. Worse than rage. Theres also problems with the textures streaming in. The guy walked into some room at the beginning to do something and the walls loaded in.

If you want to be spoiled for the beginning of the game here you go.

eshwaaz

Same here. It's a big-budget FPS with no tacked-on multiplayer and a 15-20 hour SP campaign in which you turn Nazis into swiss-cheese by dual-wielding auto-shotguns. If I don't reward that then I'm just bad person.
Amen to that. FPSs that are fully focused on single player are so rare these days. Definitely buying day one.

Mask

Got a "Order shipped" email yesterday, and noticed it said Wolfenstein, and got excited... until I realized it was just my LE Artbook.

They've started showing adverts for this in the UK, saw one earlier. Getting psyched!

Same here. It's a big-budget FPS with no tacked-on multiplayer and a 15-20 hour SP campaign in which you turn Nazis into swiss-cheese by dual-wielding auto-shotguns. If I don't reward that then I'm just bad person.

Amen to that. FPSs that are fully focused on single player are so rare these days. Definitely buying day one.

I'm joining y'all on this one. I need a FPS that is story driven (especially if it involves over the top guns akimbo Nazi killin'). I was talking to some students in my geometry class about how this game is NEEDED to allow us a cathartic destruction of evil (especially relevant with this NEOGAF thread). I haven't thoroughly enjoyed killing Nazis since Call of Duty 2.

This game also appears to be the antithesis of Titanfall (which I love). It should start my summer with a bang.

Got a "Order shipped" email yesterday, and noticed it said Wolfenstein, and got excited... until I realized it was just my LE Artbook.

They've started showing adverts for this in the UK, saw one earlier. Getting psyched!

Yup, saw this on the London underground last week when I went to see The Wind Rises.

iDHuuDiYKezsj.jpg

I think of skipping this game due to the hefty download size. 50 GB + this is simply absurd! I really wanted to buy it off PSN since its only $53 :(

If I buy a physical copy, it would cost me well over $80 in Canada

Same here. It's a big-budget FPS with no tacked-on multiplayer and a 15-20 hour SP campaign in which you turn Nazis into swiss-cheese by dual-wielding auto-shotguns. If I don't reward that then I'm just a bad person.

Bro-five

Buy this shit people!

Its fucking WOLFENSTEIN ON UR PS4!

Is the game really going to be 15 hours, or is that dev talk?

Only the devs have the ability to comment at this point - although now that the PS3 version has leaked, we'll probably hear soon. Some things to consider:

AI looks pretty aggressive even on Normal.
There is a choice that splits the game into two meaningfully different branches, so you might want to play it twice.
There are extra gameplay modes/modifiers (one of which is very interesting, apparently) that can be unlocked by finding collectibles.

Levyne

Banned
That's actually a mash of two images. Top part is Steam pre-order. bottom banner is GMG. You get TF2 items for STEAM (I know nothing about TF2) and RTCW from GMG.

Huh... the CE is a lot more for than I expected, but still not going to bite. But pre-ordered and excited. Back to work, away!
Edit: No wait, no game? Like I still have to spend $60 again to buy the game? If I undetstand correctly than this is a terrible deal to me.

Levyne

Banned
Huh... the CE is a lot more for than I expected, but still not going to bite. But pre-ordered and excited. Back to work, away!
Edit: No wait, no game? Like I still have to spend $60 again to buy the game? If I undetstand correctly than this is a terrible deal to me.

You are correct, there's no game.

Levyne

Banned
Minimum specs is a Core i7?
Seems I'm done with PC gaming for a while then -_-

Well, we'll see impressions from people with various setups when it comes out I hope. I would be baffled if, say, a 3570 couldn't cut it. Seems a bit nuts. But I'm not an expert.

I dunno if the game warrants a "PC Performance thread" though.

Tizoc

So I'm at a bit of a dilemma...
Do I get the game for $35ish off of CDKeys (22 Pounds), or do I get it off GMG with a 20% discount code+my GMG credit for $18ish?
Granted, off GMG I get it for half of CDKeys but I'd be using all my GMG credit for it when I could save it for another game and MAYBE get it for $0.

I don't care that it is SP only, I'm slaughtering Nazis by wielding Dual Shotguns, Dual Sniper Rifles and frikkin' gatling guns, that alone is worth getting the game for.

Top Bottom