• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC/360/PS3/NextGen) Coming Q4 2013

Chronoja

Something about it reminds me of Timeshift, the ...oppressive nazi (or supposed to be) regime in a (pseudo) futuristic setting.

Perhaps I'm misremembering Timeshift though, been ages since I played it.

Tacitus_

Really think they should've made this a new IP.

Wolfenstein is historic and all, but the beginning of the next-gen.....I mean if they really want to revive the Wolfenstein IP that's OK, I just don't think there's any blood left in that stone.

Don't really know why I care about more Wolfenstein...

Why would they get rid of an IP where you get to kill mecha nazis?

Something about it reminds me of Timeshift, the ...oppressive nazi (or supposed to be) regime in a (pseudo) futuristic setting.

Perhaps I'm misremembering Timeshift though, been ages since I played it.

Yikes lol

You don't want to remember playing Timseshift

THis is going to sound bad, does the term (in this context) next gen refer to the Wii U. I am by know means trying to make it sound inferior or anything I just dont know.

ptuck874

MechaHitler or no sale

mechahitler.jpg

Marcel

Wolfenstein 2009 landed with a thud and that was even with Activision's marketing arm behind it. Let's hope this one doesn't cause another set of layoffs for a game studio.

nero2082

I really like less-than-half-year hype cycle, very tasteful manner

I'd love to see multiplayer but with such small studio it's highly unlikely

Tizoc

I still have Wolfenstein '09 in my PS3 backlog, will try to get around to playing it once I finish playing all my 'trade-off-able' PS3 games.
Hope this game'll be good though~

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Shooting robot kinda future but not Nazis who dominate the world, built by the team that made Riddick.

Yes please.

i-Lo

Is that screen on pg 2 in game?

Also, I have little reverence for CG trailers nowadays. So I've to see some gameplay before my mouth is frothy.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So the GAF guessed correctly? interesting

Given that Doom is in development hell and id potentially on its deathbed, there were really only three possible games ZeniMax could announce in the first half of this year:

1.) The Evil Within
2.) Wolfenstein
3.) Fallout 4

Since they ruled out Fallout 4, that's why we had a debate on the first title, and since they ruled out Fallout 4 again, that's why this only really had one option left.

Wolfenstein 2009 landed with a thud and that was even with Activision's marketing arm behind it. Let's hope this one doesn't cause another set of layoffs for a game studio.
Hahaha yea, Wolfenstein 09 was advertised with the full strength of Activision's marketing department. Just like Prototype 2 and Singularity.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So, after the PS4 reveal, Pete Hines said Bethesda was doing a mix of cross-gen and next-gen only games.

I assume this means Fallout and (if it ever comes out) Doom are next-gen only titles?

scitek

Man I hope MachineGames continues the full-body awareness they were known for at Starbreeze. Even Starbreeze has continued it even though these guys left.

Top Bottom