• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's Fashion/Make-Up/Accessories Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
What the fuck is up with Victoria Secrets endlessly tacky and garish PINK line of clothing?

I see this garbage all the time and it never looks good.

Its literally sweat pants and track suits with the words LOVE and PINK plastered on them.

What the fuck is up with Victoria Secrets endlessly tacky and garish PINK line of clothing?

Its literally sweat pants and track suits with the words LOVE and PINK plastered on them.

Designed by someone in Essex, no doubt. No wait, that'd have TRAMP and SLUT plastered on it...

(Not hating on all Essex people, just you know. The TV Essex people).

This prompted me to visit the VS website, it's worse than i remember it:
V332150.jpg

seriously??!

maladroid

i posted this in another thread, so i'll just paste it here. i'm also prone to really horrible dark circles and bags, and have tried pretty much EVERY eye treatment, eye mask, eye cream, concealer, corrector in existence.

after years of searching i've found my two holy grail products for dealing with it, and i can't recommend them enough:

KiehlsCreamyEyeTreatmentwithAvocado.jpg

don't bother with ANY other eye creams, this right here is the shit. i've tried all kinds of super expensive eye creams from all kinds of really high-end brands, this is the only one i noticed it's actually doing something. put this on under your eyes before you sleep and you'll wake up with supple, moistened, buttery skin under your eyes instead of ugly dark circles. this stuff is just amazing! tiny bottle, but will easily last you half a year.

Corrector_Bisque.jpg

after that, get the bobbi brown corrector in the right colour for your skin tone. nothing covers up dark circles like this corrector does, it's simply unbeatable. it's made to correct the skin tone under your eyes and not to just cover stuff up, so it applies like it's invisible (even men could easily get away with it). it's creamy, non-cakey, doesn't sink into fine lines, and it's moisturizing. and you only need the tiniest tiniest bit. one compact could easily last you a year.
Alright, so I came in here since I figured it would be the best place to ask on GAF. I've had a terrible sleeping pattern for as long as I can remember, and I look dead pretty much everyday, even when I get enough sleep. I've never really cared too much about my appearance, but now that I'll be starting full time work soon, I'm starting to worry about having to wake up early/seem somewhat presentable. I know pretty much nothing when it comes to face care/make-up, so were you exaggerating with the bolded, or is it actually true? Are there more suitable products for men that any of you know of?

Also, while I'm still in here.. As a dude, the only time I really notice make-up is on the eyes or lips, or cake face. Do you guys wear some sort of make-up ALL the time?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Alright, so I came in here since I figured it would be the best place to ask on GAF. I've had a terrible sleeping pattern for as long as I can remember, and I look dead pretty much everyday, even when I get enough sleep. I've never really cared too much about my appearance, but now that I'll be starting full time work soon, I'm starting to worry about having to wake up early/seem somewhat presentable. I know pretty much nothing when it comes to face care/make-up, so were you exaggerating with the bolded, or is it actually true? Are there more suitable products for men that any of you know of?

Also, while I'm still in here.. As a dude, the only time I really notice make-up is on the eyes or lips, or cake face. Do you guys wear some sort of make-up ALL the time?

Tinted moisturiser, its not exactly make-up but its a moisturiser with a bit of foundation and good sfp, plus cherry coloured lipstick as a lip stain. That's what I wear almost always. You could try YSL's Touche Eclat concealer for men and see if that works for you.

I gotta try bobby brown concealer because every concealer I have tends to settle into the fine lines around my eyes or crease throughout the day.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Extra virgin olive oil

Anyone here have experience with it as a skincare product?

it's great on a cotton pad as a makeup/dirt remover, and you can make a good exfoliating scrub out of it if you mix it with coarse sugar and some honey. other than that i haven't used it much.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me

(sorry for the double post, on my phone)

if i was you, i'd try that eye cream first and see if you notice a difference, and if not i'd move on to the cream & corrector combination.

the corrector goes on indeed very invisible as long as your undereyes are properly exfoliated and moisturized. if you try to apply it without eye cream going on first, it will look a flaky, crease-y mess.

i use the avacado eye treatment twice a day, i put on a bit more in the evenings before bed (it's very rich and goes on a bit shiny until it absorbs) and i only use a little in the mornings under the corrector.

both the cream and the corrector are a bit pricey, which is part of the reason i suggest trying the cream first. it may be all you need. also, with the corrector, you will wanna make sure you get properly colour matched. the best way is going to a bobbi brown makeup counter and letting the associate match you. if you buy the wrong shade, it won't hide your circles.

as i said before, both products last an extremely long time. it's been almost a year since i last bought the corrector and i still have half a pan left. the eye cream lasts me around 8 months.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
my dark circles are genetic :( they never go away *cry* but i definitely notice a difference if i drink enough water. hydration is key!

Yeah mine are mixture of genetics, leaky capillaries and pigmentations because I have never really paid much attention to skincare/protection from UV back then and they've definitely gotten darker with time. :( Some of the creams I've been using have made a huge difference though.

Lisa Eldridge's other video on puffy eyes is also very insightful, but I never get puffy eyes or bags under my eyes so at least I don't have it as bad as some people.

maladroid

Tinted moisturiser, its not exactly make-up but its a moisturiser with a bit of foundation and good sfp, plus cherry coloured lipstick as a lip stain. That's what I wear almost always. You could try YSL's Touche Eclat concealer for men and see if that works for you.

I gotta try bobby brown concealer because every concealer I have tends to settle into the fine lines around my eyes or crease throughout the day.
Hehe, the reason I asked is because a classmate laughed at me once for saying I preferred girls who didn't wear make-up. She told me that there wasn't such a thing, and that it just meant that they wore 'I'm not wearing any make-up' make-up. I never really got her to clarify what that meant, exactly, but she obviously knew more about this stuff than I did, so I took her at her word.

(sorry for the double post, on my phone)

if i was you, i'd try that eye cream first and see if you notice a difference, and if not i'd move on to the cream & corrector combination.

the corrector goes on indeed very invisible as long as your undereyes are properly exfoliated and moisturized. if you try to apply it without eye cream going on first, it will look a flaky, crease-y mess.

i use the avacado eye treatment twice a day, i put on a bit more in the evenings before bed (it's very rich and goes on a bit shiny until it absorbs) and i only use a little in the mornings under the corrector.

both the cream and the corrector are a bit pricey, which is part of the reason i suggest trying the cream first. it may be all you need. also, with the corrector, you will wanna make sure you get properly colour matched. the best way is going to a bobbi brown makeup counter and letting the associate match you. if you buy the wrong shade, it won't hide your circles.

as i said before, both products last an extremely long time. it's been almost a year since i last bought the corrector and i still have half a pan left. the eye cream lasts me around 8 months.
Looking at the pictures again, I think I remember seeing a Kiehl's section at the airport before I left. I'll definitely give it a go after I track some down. You kinda lost me at the exfoliating part, so hopefully it won't come down to to the corrector. I'll look into the Yves Saint Laurent stuff, too, since that seems a little less daunting than tracking down the Bobbi Brown stuff. :S

fake edit: Kiehl's also seem to have a men's line, which I'll have to check out. Hopefully I can find something that works for me.

I wish I could watch those two videos, but my internet is pretty dodgy where I am at the moment. Curious since I suffer from both.

Thank-you both for your responses! Much appreciated. :)

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
has anyone here tried this?

vis1.jpg

being the skincare junkie that i am, i've been wanting to take the plunge for a while... mostly because i'm really intrigued by the new LR 2412 molecule in it. also, i read about someone who said it eliminated her dark circles entirely :O

however it certainly isn't cheap, especially in this country (CHF 102 which is USD 111 -- for 30 ml).

i'd consider it as a valentine's present to myself (lol) but i'm kinda looking for more opinions, stuff you read on blogs/review sites about it is so conflicting.

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
does anyone here have the shu uemura eyelash curler? i've heard great things about it but was wondering if anyone here had tried it out.

251393242_tp.jpg

my $4 walmart curler is not cutting it anymore against my stubbornly stick-straight lashes. it's a hassle and for the time it takes to get a good curl out of it i could be sleeping in later!

also heard intriguing things about heated curlers, anyone tried those?

Shu Mura curler is very good, but is more recommended to girls with Asian features, as the shape of this curler is flatter and follows their natural lash line. You can try it tho, but it wouldn't help too much if your lashes are heavy or too straight.

My advice, as my lashes are the same as yours, after trying a lot of curlers and mascaras, is to know how to curl them, you can start on the roots giving a nice and tight curl (but taking care of your lashes as well!) and repeat this maybe 2 times, then give a veeeeery loose curl by the middle, and straight away applying mascara, also the trick is how to apply mascara, always start in the roots of your lashes kinda in a side-to-side motion and then make your way up towards the end and kinda close you eye as you go up, let it dry a bit and apply another layer in the very same way.

I do this on a daily basis and my lashes stay nicely curled all day, also the Bad Gal lash mascara by Benefit is amazing, is my favourite one and has never ever disappointed me ;)

Hope this works for you as well.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Been looking for a nice waterproof eyeliner that would stay put on my waterline but no luck so far, do you girls know of any? Preferably ones that are also available in the UK. Someone I know says tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner stays put without smudging or fading but its not available in the UK. :( I've also heard good things about Avon supershock gel liner but it gets a lot of mixed reviews so I'll have to buy it and see for myself.

exhume

Has anyone here purchased from ASOS before? I have a few times, but their sizing seems all over the place...I was wondering if anyone had had a similar experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom