• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington |OT| An intersectional march for all in 600+ cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlador

Chiming in from Cincinnati. Apparently a good turnout too.
C2tVQCwVQAEkNEV.jpg

Did he actually say that? I had no idea Pierce Morgan was that type.

Edit just checked his twitter.

Wow...I had no idea.
I'm stunned too. I used to like him when he was on CNN and pushed for gun control. His show where he brought certified nutjob (and huge Trump supporter) Alex Jones to his show to talk guns but ended up being a Jones meltdown and was legendary. I cannot believe Morgan turned out to be q trump supporter spewing out MRA talking points.

jfkgoblue

What did your parents find so unlikable about Hillary, if I may ask?
Abortion was a big issue for any democrat, so they won't vote for any pro-choice candidate. They are small business owners and hate dealing with big government beuacracy. And of course the typical conservative stances.

So yeah I do take it personally when people call all Trump voters worthless pieces of shit, even if I don't personally fall into that category.

Caja 117

Totally. He clearly paid millions of protesters around the country and world. Soros should just run for president himself, he has so much money, he can buy out all the votes.

Are people really so deep in Denial that will just drop any use in logic and believe this?

Right...so your continued talks weren't successful I take it, considering they voted for a vile man. I'm just curious why you keep saying the answer is to talk to these people and get them to change their minds. They AREN'T changing man, they aren't.

What we can do is fire up progressives and get them to stop sitting on their couches and supporting action. We need to get progressives to stop only voting every four years, the mid terms are far more important than the POTUS.

Cognitive dissonance: He loves his parents, so they can't be shitty people who don't listen to reason or who see benefit from a country that harms minorities.

This is all my white friends who say the same thing. To a person, they have a close family member who is a Trump voter. I mean, I get it and I do feel empathy because it would be hard for me to reconcile my love for a family member with their actions and beliefs, but that's what it is.

I really hope there are pollsters out there. I'm willing to bet a good chunk of the protesters voted for Trump.

All in all, I'm very happy to see these protests. I hope they continue.

jfkgoblue

Right...so your continued talks weren't successful I take it, considering they voted for a vile man. I'm just curious why you keep saying the answer is to talk to these people and get them to change their minds. They AREN'T changing man, they aren't.

What we can do is fire up progressives and get them to stop sitting on their couches and supporting action. We need to get progressives to stop only voting every four years, the mid terms are far more important than the POTUS.
People can change, I respect my parents immensely so I'm not going to go crazy on them and call them horrible things. They are set in their ways, but my mother used to be a liberal(voted for Mondale even)but her opinion changed so it is possible. My grandparents were also lifelong democrats until the 2000's.

Pilgrimzero

I bet when Trump makes a statement it will be something like "I have so much respect for women and women's rights. I'm going to fix everything for women. " etc etc

He won't comment on the anti-trump stuff.

Ac30

Same here. My dad at least. My mom voted for Hillary so she's a "traitor" (half-jokingly) who voted to ruin the lives of her children and their children. I just said I voted for the right person, so he just thinks I voted for Trump

Reasons why he dislikes Hillary? Benghazi, emails, liberal, she hates America, she hates the military, race-baiting, higher taxes, etc.

The usual then, I'm glad to hear your mom voted her conscience - hope it's not causing too much friction :/

Abortion was a big issue for any democrat, so they won't vote for any pro-choice candidate. They are small business owners and hate dealing with big government beuacracy. And of course the typical conservative stances.

So yeah I do take it personally when people call all Trump voters worthless pieces of shit, even if I don't personally fall into that category.

My parents are conservative as well (and have some shitty ideas) so I know how you feel. I'm trying to slowly get through to them, though, which I guess is a little easier in Europe since we don't have Breitbart and Fox.

Abortion being such a wedge issue is such crap though, in general.

RedHill

Banned
The woman on the street for CNN is annoying. Nobody saying "not my president" is delusional enough to think he isn't the 45th president. He is not MY president, he does not support me. He does not represent me.

Cognitive dissonance: He loves his parents, so they can't be shitty people who don't listen to reason or who see benefit from a country that harms minorities.

This is all my white friends who say the same thing. To a person, they have a close family member who is a Trump voter. I mean, I get it and I do feel empathy because it would be hard for me to reconcile my love for a family member with their actions and beliefs, but that's what it is.

People can change, I respect my parents immensely so I'm not going to go crazy on them and call them horrible things. They are set in their ways, but my mother used to be a liberal(voted for Mondale even)but her opinion changed so it is possible. My grandparents were also lifelong democrats until the 2000's.

Sorry, I'm laughing hard its like perfect.

Kimawolf

Are people really so deep in Denial that will just drop any use in logic and believe this?

George Soros is like the Evil emperor from Star Wars for conservatives. He's behind EVERYTHING with his unlimited money, power, and influence in everything and everyone but good, christian conservatives.

Clearly, well at least we finally got to the crux of it. Not sure why you didn't just come out and say that from the very start instead of trying to veil it behind the tired rhetoric of we need to talk to the Trump voters. Clearly, talking to them isn't going to change their minds as you witnessed first hand. You were just upset that people called them pieces of shit, sorry. Support a vile fascist man-child all because you care about X, Y, Z issue then you are going to get called out.

Surfinn

The woman on the street for CNN is annoying. Nobody saying "not my president" is delusional enough to think he isn't the 45th president. He is not MY president, he does not support me. He does not represent me.

Yeah, she's just trying to get them riled up I think. Pretty silly. Not a hard concept to understand that people are recognizing that he IS the president but they don't consider him THEIR president, personally.

There's a difference between "is he the president" and "is he YOUR president". Two different meanings there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom