• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington |OT| An intersectional march for all in 600+ cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a previous movement/protest ever gotten such countrywide and worldwide support?

From Jan 20th to April 4th 2003, 36 million people around the world in 3000 gatherings protested against the Iraq war build up and clearly said with a single message to the Bush administration not to attack Iraq.

On March 20th the USA launched air strikes against Iraq followed up within a few hours by a ground assault.

So what's next? It was incredibly empowering to see this many people out in support of a "resistance" but what does that mean longer term? I hope there's a plan for keeping this momentum going - I'll do whatever it takes to keep the wave moving.

didn't see any reports of anyone getting arrested so if they're complaining about littering (lol) i'd say it's pretty pathetic they're grasping for straws basically

LiK

Yup, not a single person was arrested. Pretty amazing.

You bet your ass that if someone was arrested, FoxNews would be the first to announce it.

JP_

Banned
w9zfY5O.gif

Found a video of the couple counter-protestors in Dallas heh

Ogodei

Conservative social media is up in arms about littering atm

I go to great lengths to avoid littering, but i couldn't figure out how to do it here without carrying an apple core and an empty yogurt cup around with me for five hours, especially when i hit the point where I physically couldn't move because of all the people around me.

At least the apple core will biodegrade.

Here's a few good things i snapped photos of, one sobering
tumblr_ok5wdih5FD1w1thsvo1_1280.jpg

One hilarious

tumblr_ok5wdih5FD1w1thsvo9_1280.jpg

turmoil

Banned
Was there any "what if the elections were held today" rust belt poll lately? It would be interesting to see the numbers and if there is a "I have committed a huge mistake" feeling.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Lmfao the girl with the flip poster in the back

I didn't notice it till you said something, but I'm dying of laughter now. The head shake kills it.

Really I'm dying my abs hurt so much f I'm working out today so please don't make me laugh.

mozfan12

Banned
What a beautiful day amongst all the ugliness of the last couple of months. I went to the LA march and I genuinely smiled for the first time since Nov 8. I loved the specific focus on women's issues, having so many women of different cultures, backgrounds, identities gave me so much strength as a Latino male. It's what I needed.

I'm not surprised there were no (or few) arrests. The NYC one was incredibly civil. Everyone was friendly and polite and of like mind. It was really amazing.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Was there any "what if the elections were held today" rust belt poll lately? It would be interesting to see the numbers and if there is a "I have committed a huge mistake" feeling.

Honestly don't see it changing much sadly. I live in Staten Island NY which is very red. Co-workers today were talking to me saying how much they love his speech. The AMERICA first shit they loved. Won't change till he fucks up. We are also home to this prick who I met many times in the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8JGLg-PTk8

I love seeing the pictures of this stuff. So incredible.

However, just imagining being in them gives me really bad anxiety, so I donated to Planned Parenthood and supported as much as I could from home. Thanks to the heroes that made it out!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Just got back from the Women's March in D.C.
Dropped friends off, came home and took a hot shower. I saw so many beautiful people out there today. We marched for around 6 hours. I felt so damn proud being there in person, walking united with so many beautiful souls. It truly gave me life and much needed hope. To make a united stand and make our voices be heard, and to do it with such grace just makes me feel warm inside. Lots of instances where I got really emotional being in the presence of people from all ethnicity and creed, walking united as one body. A greater energy is felt, a greater conscious energy and understanding. Just being there and looking around, I saw it in everyone's eyes. No place that I'd rather have been than where I was today in D.C.
Crashing now, will try to upload pics later. Have a wonderful night, you beautiful people. I love you all.

Just got back from the Women's March in D.C.
Dropped friends off, came home and took a hot shower. I saw so many beautiful people out there today. We marched for around 6 hours. I felt so damn proud being there in person, walking united with so many beautiful souls. It truly gave me life and much needed hope. To make a united stand and make our voices be heard, and to do it with such grace just makes me feel warm inside. Lots of instances where I got really emotional being in the presence of people from all ethnicity and creed, walking united as one body. A greater energy is felt, a greater conscious energy and understanding. Just being there and looking around, I saw it in everyone's eyes. No place that I'd rather have been than where I was today in D.C.
Crashing now, will try to upload pics later. Have a wonderful night, you beautiful people. I love you all.
No you're beautiful! Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom