• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Workout people, I need your help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to start out on some kind of situp/push up program. Any recommendations?

Currently, everyday I am doing 20 situps with my legs up, then 10 pushups, then 20 sit ups from side to side (not sure how else to describe it), and then 10 more pushups.

Does this sound like a good program to start out with? Should I be doing more?

Idle Will Kill said:
I want to start out on some kind of situp/push up program. Any recommendations?

Currently, everyday I am doing 20 situps with my legs up, then 10 pushups, then 20 sit ups from side to side (not sure how else to describe it), and then 10 more pushups.

Does this sound like a good program to start out with? Should I be doing more?

In the beginning (first couple of weeks), take it easy and don't push your body TOO much. As the weeks progress start pushing your body harder and maybe even going to failure during the last set. Meaning do a set of pushups until you can't do another. Really gives you a workout.

I don't know your own workout capacity, but right now you have yourself doing 2 sets of 10 pushups. Make sure to keep adding to the number. Maybe every 3 days add another pushup to each set. (2 sets of 11). Then when you get to 2 sets of 15, make it 3 sets of 11. Something like that. Again just recognize the progress your body is making to the workout.

Also, I don't think you should mix the pushups and situps. Do 10 pushups. Rest. Do 10 pushups. And then start the situps. Keeps you completely concentrated on your specific exercise.

Hope this helped a bit.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
You should try throwing some more stuff in, there are many variations on situps that work different spots.

Try opening your legs and doing crunches.

Try laying on your hands with your hands on your butt and stretching your feet out together so they're parallel to the floor and then bending your knees towards your chest until they're at about a 90 degree angle with the floor.

Assume the same position and fake riding a bicycle in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom