• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 7/05: Semi-finals |OT| Uruguay vs Netherlands | Germany vs. Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymmv

Banned
Tence said:
Not all Dutch want that.... I'd rather have Spain.... because I am afraid this famous quote shall be true once again if Germany enters the final:

"Football is a simple game: 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end, the Germans win."

Who cares. Cruyfian logic tells us: ""If we have the ball they can't score"

msv

Woot, GO GO GO NL

Uruguay

Facism | X05 | SalsaShark | Wellscha | Noshino

VS

The Netherlands

Kabouter | industrian | Arjen | Buba Big Guns | Steeven | Tence | Danielsan | kottila | itsgreen | Phoenix4 | vordhosbn | Rocket Scientist | n0n44m | Hertog | GroteSmurf | Roelatie | CassSept | Wessiej | Rei_Toei | Exypher | Falch | 2San | Deadman | markao | Suitcase Test | Dina | spons | [Nintex] | Dibbz | HarryHengst | Prince | Coen | MMaRsu | Saya | Pepto | wud | BaZZaa | StevePharma | Kers | bad|joey | Tempy | Sadist | confuziz | Veidt | neorej | Nyx | Stridone | Lightning | catfish | burnfout | ArjanN | Always-honest | CloudNL | msv

The Netherlands: 5-1 : Uruguay

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
people should stop being so over confident. Uruguay might make us pay for that. :(

But by god, they must be humiliated for what Suarez did to Ghana.

Chuckie

Danielsan said:
Ehh playing against Spain would be easier but it wouldn't be half as exiting.
Germany have been in top form this WC, but the same could be said for Brazil and that didn't do them any good either.

True.... I have mixed feelings.... what do I want... total epicness (Holland-Germany) or a slightly bigger chance of getting that worldcup (Holland-Spain)

Chuckie

jett said:
Go Uruguay!(just to see more bitter tears)

Are yours dried up yet?
vjFqY.gif

Danielsan

Tence said:
Are yours dried up yet?
vjFqY.gif
:lol

I do hope that we'll have a smooth win tomorrow.
Thus far every match has been somewhat of a struggle. It would be a nice change of pace.
On the other hand a tough win would probably be a better preparation for the finals.

ymmv

Banned
Tence said:
True.... I have mixed feelings.... what do I want... total epicness (Holland-Germany) or a slightly bigger chance of getting that worldcup (Holland-Spain)

Holland - Germany will provide the bigger meltdown. The whole country will go ABSOLUTELY CRAZY WITH FOOTBALL FEVER. Winning the world cup after beating Germany in the final, it would be insane. TOTAL, UTTER FOOTBALL MADNESS. :lol :lol

On the other hand, another loss to Germany would be really, really hard, especially after losing two finals already. I'd hate to be a German tourist visiting the Netherlands that day, there are bound to be brainless assholes who want to take revenge.

Sadist

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

And that's it: Kuyt is one of my favourite players, but can anyone avatarize the Arjen Robben "they see me rollin' they hatin' gif? That would be awesome thanks :D

MMaRsu

Banned
Veidt said:
people should stop being so over confident. Uruguay might make us pay for that. :(

But by god, they must be humiliated for what Suarez did to Ghana.

We can be confident as long as the players remain level headed.

Sadist

ymmv said:
Holland - Germany will provide the bigger meltdown. The whole country will go ABSOLUTELY CRAZY WITH FOOTBALL FEVER. Winning the world cup after beating Germany in the final, it would be insane. TOTAL, UTTER FOOTBALL MADNESS. :lol :lol
Holland will implode, Willem-Alexander will jump buttnaked in de grachten, Marco v. Basten will cry for forgiveness at van Bommel's feet, van Marwijk will obtain godmode and Johan Derksen shaves of his beloved mustache.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
ymmv said:
Who cares. Cruyfian logic tells us: ""If we have the ball they can't score"

On the other hand: the Germans are playing like the Dutch, the Dutch are playing like the Germans, so by that logic, the World Cup is ours by default.

neorej said:
On the other hand: the Germans are playing like the Dutch, the Dutch are playing like the Germans, so by that logic, the World Cup is ours by default.

No, Netherlands played like shit, Germany played awesome. That's a difference.

Wessiej

Sadist said:
Holland will implode, Willem-Alexander will jump buttnaked in de grachten, Marco v. Basten will cry for forgiveness at van Bommel's feet, van Marwijk will obtain godmode and Johan Derksen shaves of his beloved mustache.
Hell no.

SamuraiX-

santi_yo said:
Portugal scored 7 goals in one game and... wait! They are in Portugal now!

This is a WC, anything can happen.

Against who? North Korea? :lol

Now you're just grasping at straws. Yes, this is the World Cup, but these are the semifinals. Please. Let's try to be at least a little practical.

MMaRsu

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:

There's also a difference between playing like shit and playing unattractive football. Netherlands havent lost 24 matches in a ROW.

Who is the de boer in the coaching staff of holland, the best or the worst de boer?

I know the answer, just wanted to bring that up lulz

Germany

Roi | Art Teitlebaum | Phantast2k | Hieberrr | goldlion054 | schennmu | STG | Bren McGuire | EricHasNoPull | esquire | Obaidr | Toma | selig | Jacobi | Haunted | Xater | mernst23 | Milchmonster | thy_ | Ikuu | reminder | Enosh | Discotheque | carpediemdp | slaughterking | Patrick Bateman | DieNgamers | Karud | Roude Leiw | Bitter Peace

VS

Spain

striKeVillain! | MCX | Rafa=FedKilla |cartoon_soldier | Srider | Hylje | Boogie9IGN | Acidote | bytesized | operon | Relaxed Muscle | Tworak | spidye | kikanny | Tf53 | Socreges | close to the edge | LRB1983 | Spiegel | Vitet | keit4 | LiquidMetal14 | Kingsora | Messi | bonesmccoy | OriginalThinking | Rad | Click | Leonsito | tirant | anaboula | Wellscha | SuperÑ | intheinbetween

Germany : 5-3 (after penalties) : Spain

The Gods demand Netherlands vs. Germany final.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Patrick Bateman said:

2nd half of brazil netherlands was anything but that. Let's hope it doesn't take them an entire half to wake up against you lot. Klose won't allow such lax attitude, he's on the path for world cup legend, he NEEDS 2.

Tf53

I did the predictions for my mom's office pool. 5 euros in, winner takes all. 35 people took part, and if Spain wins the WC, we take the whole pot. If Villa wins the golden boot and Holland don't win the WC, we take the whole pot. If Villa wins and Holland win, we share the pot with another dude.

170 euros, man. Would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom