• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WORLD CUP 2022 | Rumba Quatar

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Jun. 28, 1950FIFA World Cup Group 2USA 1-0 England
Jun. 12, 2010FIFA World Cup Group CEngland 1-1 USA
Nov. 25, 2022FIFA World Cup Group BEngland 0-0 USA

VPVdeCd.gif

1uV4D5i.gif

RU3qBWI.gif

H9uMf4b.gif

akimbo009

Gold Member
Nice game by the US. Similar to Canada vs Belgium, the US handled the opposition fine. Aside from a few chances, England did nothing. But good thing the US got a point out of it. Canada didn't. Let's go US and Canada.

The US has a scary way of playing as they pass back to their goalie a lot. One of these times, it'll mess up.

We don't have Rob Green, y'all.

The Fartist

Gold Member
It actually kinda was. After the disaster of 2018, they cleaned the place out. All the old coaches and veterans were told to make way for a new generation of players. The team on the field in Qatar is the 3rd youngest team in the tournament.
My response was in reference to the tweet, which makes it seem like the US only started playing soccer last week, USMNT was constituted in 1885. Sure it's (USMNT) only been relevant since maybe 1994 at the earliest when the US hosted the WC, but a lot of Americans think soccer is only played once every four years, never mind the Copa America, COMNEBOL, EURO, CHAMPIONS, ACON etc

Teslerum

8 of 11 players play for the same club.

Not gonna lie that's actually an advantage. I wondered why they had automatisms down pat.

Last edited:

jm89

Poland kicking Saudi players instead of the ball WTF
As one of the commentators said they are rattled. Saudis coming at them hard.

They need to score while they got momentum, if Poland get one in or time goes on, momentum will not be enough to carry them. Poland have one of the best strikers on the planet they need to stop him getting the ball.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
10 minutes of stoppage is ridiculous. Not a fan of this ref.

Good first half overall but as someone who has no stake in both, I think he was partial to the basically home crowd.

hemo memo

Gold Member
10 minutes of stoppage is ridiculous. Not a fan of this ref.

Good first half overall but as someone who has no stake in both, I think he was partial to the basically home crowd.
Nah ref is just a little tense with the cards. How is he partial to the home crowd when a red card to poland players wasn’t given and a Saudi player got a yellow just to talking to the ref?

Also that was absolutely a penalty.

LiquidMetal14

Nah ref is just a little tense with the cards. How is he partial to the home crowd when a red card to poland players wasn’t given and a Saudi player got a yellow just to talking to the ref?

Also that was absolutely a penalty.
I think he hit him but the influence on where the ball was going and embellishment didn't deserve a pen. Ball didn't lie and the Poland goalie stuffed 2 attempts so justice was served. And yeah, 3 yellows for Poland first, ref is either feeling the crowd too much or is just nervous.

LiquidMetal14

If they gave away 10 (laughable) minutes of stoppage for first half, the commentators joke may be right we'll get 20 knowing this ref and World Cup average.

LiquidMetal14

What a difference a game makes. They (Poland) were anemic their last game and have held their own. A just result so far with Saudi deserving a goal too.

Last edited:

Laptop1991

Awful performance by England, Southgate is too defensive for England especially when it matter's to win anything, i thought he should have gone after the Euro final and i still do.

Top Bottom