• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst casting choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Didn't know about his injury, and this is no insult to his injury but I was found the fight scenes quite stiff, it wasn't THAT bad but it could've been better with more experienced martial artist actors.

I think in the special features for the first movie Keanu even admits this a little bit because he couldn't really move his neck/head much for the fight scenes because of the injury. It's also why Keanu doesn't throw many kicks in the first movie either.

FWIW I think the fights in the sequels are a lot more fluid

SL128

Hitman-47.jpg

Agent 47, the last airbender

I think in the special features for the first movie Keanu even admits this a little bit because he couldn't really move his neck/head much for the fight scenes because of the injury. It's also why Keanu doesn't throw many kicks in the first movie either.

FWIW I think the fights in the sequels are a lot more fluid

That really sucks about his injury, I never would've guessed. You're right about the sequels he did make vast improvements, and he was pretty good in his fight scenes for "Man of Tai Chi".

http://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/Hitman-47.jpg[/IMG
Agent 47, the last airbender[/QUOTE]

He replaced Paul Walker (rip), who also seemed miscast. The previous Hitman starred Timothy Olyphant as 47, also miscast. If there are two recognizable trademarks of 47, they're his bald head and stoic/cold way of carrying himself.

[quote="Dick Justice, post: 227798288"]Ozymandias in the Watchmen movie. Terrible casting choice.
[IMG]https://precinct1313.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/ozymandias.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Seeing Watchmen with people who haven't read the book, they picked up on who he was sooner in the movie. Part of it I blame on the Snyder making Ozymandias seem shifty throughout. And while I like Matthew Goode, it's not the only time he's been cast as a shifty character.

Holy shit, this thread is designed for fucking Highlander

Let's see - we'll cast a fucking Frenchman as the Scotsman Connor McLeod, hero of the piece

Then we will cast as Scotsman who has only a single accent in all movies as a fecking Spaniard Conquistador

We will then cast an American as The Kurgan (russian roots).

An Englishwoman as the main characters scottish love interest...

Yeah, regardless of any indivdual misteps, Highlander takes the biscuit for an ensemble, it's hilarious!

Connor-McLeod-Highlander-Christophe-Lambert.jpg

I mean look at him, he looks French even before you here the accent!
latest

Sephzilla

Let's see - we'll cast a fucking Frenchman as the Scotsman Connor McLeod, hero of the piece

Then we will cast as Scotsman who has only a single accent in all movies as a fecking Spaniard Conquistador

Yeah, regardless of any indivdual misteps, Highlander takes the biscuit for an ensemble, it's hilarious!

latest

LOL wow

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
It's not Lucas or the cast,

the events of the prequels are just boring.

That is Lucas' fault. There's so much that's wrong about them but you can basically boil it down to they're badly written and directed, which George was credited for for all three films.

Anyway even before getting caught up in why the prequels are bad, I came here to post:

Qasiel

I love Keanu as much as the next guy but An actor with a martial arts background would have a better choice, like Van Damme or
Donny Yen.

Perhaps, but then I think you'll get a lot of people saying that they don't buy Van Damme or Yen as a reclusive, self-doubting, paranoid computer hacker.

I get what you're saying and there could have been a hundred different (potentially better) castings for Neo, but Keanu fit the role well enough to make it a decently enjoyable movie. Definitely not the worst cast.

Sephzilla

Perhaps, but then I think you'll get a lot of people saying that they don't buy Van Damme or Yen as a reclusive, self-doubting, paranoid computer hacker.

I get what you're saying and there could have been a hundred different (potentially better) castings for Neo, but Keanu fit the role well enough to make it a decently enjoyable movie. Definitely not the worst cast.

Yeah. This too. One of the things with Neo is that you aren't really supposed to believe the guy goes from a hacker with a desk job to a kung fu master literally overnight. So when Keanu suddenly squares up against Morpheus it's a moment where you go

giphy.gif

Kate Bosworth in Superman Returns. Should have been Rashida Jones. They were going for the nostalgia route, and she would have been great as a Margot Kidder style Lois Lane.

It was such a weird idea to show Anakin as a kid. They took the idea of showing his entire life way too literally.

It's the decision that ruined the prequels. They never recovered from that. Now you have a super rushed transformation into Darth Vader and the queen of Naboo falling in love with a nine year old.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

latest

And yet it still won the Academy Award for greatest movie of all time. Maybe it is you who are miscast.

The Beard

...what else did you want them to have in common? The guy's an actor.

Maybe a similar body type, facial features, being able to do his voice?

You know, standard casting shit?

Or do you think DJ Qualls could pull off playing Donald Trump because he's a white actor?

these two probably would have been fine if they'd had a decent script and actual direction tbh.

No actor could have made the material in Attack of the Clone work. The sad thing is there's actually some pretty good potential there in Hayden Christensen's performance, if only he had better direction and scripting. Revenge of the Sith gives him some better chances to shine but there's still a sense of being held back.

For one where it's not necessarily the casting choice being bad, but more just them completely wasting a cool opportunity, SLJ as Mace Windu. Three movies and virtually all he does until the end is just sit around and talk.

Bullshit. Ewan McGregor made it work and Natlie Portman is actually pretty good in the films delivering that clunky dialogue. Hayden is just not a very good actor.

My Picks:

-Ever DCCU character besides Batfleck and Will Smith Deadshot.

-Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux.

-Marky Mark as Max Payne

-Malin Akerman as Silk Spectre

-Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique

jennifer-lawrence-as-mystique-in-x-men.jpg

-Forrest Whittaker as Saw Guerra, he didn't have much screen time but when he did it was HAM city.

saw-guerras-hairstyle-change-1471031680.jpg

I thought Amy Adams was fine as Lois. What don't you like about the casting?

She just doesn't fit with what I envision as Lois Lane.
Lois is hard to get right imo.

Honestly Teri Hatcher is the only live action Lois that has worked for me(and even then they push the klutz and damsel too much)

Edit: My bad, Erica Durance as well.

meow

The entirety of The Last Airbender cast

You'll never convince me that this is firelord ozai

latest

Granted that's more the costume's fault than anything

yeah wtf was this. I haven't watched the movie itself but saw a review of the movie, where they said they even have Zuko (or someone, don't know) look at a drawing/portrait of his family the way they look in the cartoons despite them not looking anything like that in the movies.

aBarreras

It's the decision that ruined the prequels. They never recovered from that. Now you have a super rushed transformation into Darth Vader and the queen of Naboo falling in love with a nine year old.

i mean she didnt fall in love when he was nine, also she was like 14 years old or something right?

when anakin was 20 she was like 24 or 25, thats not too oulandish

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Everyone will disagree I'm sure, but I've never cared for Michael Cera as Scott Pilgrim.
Totally agree. Comic Scott was kind of nerdy and a bit socially awkward, but it came across that despite that, he had a certain effortless air of coolness about him.

Cera is the elemental embodiment of anti-cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom