• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst casting choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

aBarreras

Totally agree. Comic Scott was kind of nerdy and a bit socially awkward, but it came across that despite that, he had a certain effortless air of coolness about him.

Cera is the elemental embodiment of anti-cool.

yeah i mean, i loved the movie and cera was alright, but scott was supposed to be a heartbreaker, and cera, cant pass as one hahaha

Slixshot

Banned
large_5kO6hVZrtBZ98VfpgHvwivjXgMg.jpg

Remove this image, please. Unless your intent was for everyone on GAF to gouge out their eyeballs!

Fuckin Shamalan.

Kevin Costner in The Untouchables. He was too much of a dreamy wuss to pull off the Ness role in any convincing way. Ruined an otherwise top-tier flick for me.

Emelia Clark in Game of Thrones.

She's so shitty she has me scared about the Han Solo movie with her being in it. She can't act, she always has the same dissatisfied face in every scene. We don't get any of her actual character struggles because "YAS Queen".

Henry Cavill as Superman

I've created Characters in RPGs that have 0 charisma that still do better then he does. He can't properly affect the duality of Clark/Kal, with the literal only difference being clothing and glasses.

Hazmat

I actually really liked him in Pulp Fiction. That whole scene was hilarious.

I agree, he's great in Pulp Fiction. He also gets scalped like a fucking pro in Inglourious Basterds. His terrible performance in the absolute trainwreck section of Django Unchained is borderline unforgivable though.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Jack Black and Adrien Brody in King Kong. Loved the movie, hated these two. One overacts, the other one has the charisma of a peanut.

kingkong10.jpg

I actually really liked him in Pulp Fiction. That whole scene was hilarious.

Quentin Tarantino's appearance in Pulp Fiction is awful and his character doesn't even make sense, and it seemed like the sole reason he created it so he could say "Dead Nigger Storage".

He was the worst part of an amazing film.

Skux

starwars-news.jpg

One of the most boring leads i have seen in a film.

Everyone else in the film is far more interesting than this blank slate of a character, although I think that's more the writing than anything else, since no one else has heard of this actress before.

You gotta be kidding. He was perfect as the dork with a handy garage in Pulp Fiction, and stole the show telling his stupid "pissing on the bartender" joke in Desperado.

A dork that's married to a Black woman and derogatorily uses Nigger in front of the biggest Black gangster in his film with no repercussions.

Yeah.... no, it didn't even make sense in the Tarantino-esque universe he created in the film.

Crixus

Sarah Wayne Callies in The Walking Dead and Colony.
Yunjin Kim in Lost.
Tania Raymonde in Goliath.
Jennifer Esposito in Mistresses.
Cliff Curtis and Kim Dickens in Fear the Walking Dead.

IISANDERII

Tom Hanks, Saving Pvt Ryan.

The nasally voice which lacks any kind of bass or authority is able to suddenly command a platoon of increasingly disarrayed soldiers was beyond the limit of realism and believability.

Mollymauk

Tom Hanks, Saving Pvt Ryan.

The nasally voice which lacks any kind of bass or authority is able to suddenly command a platoon of increasingly disarrayed soldiers was beyond the limit of realism and believability.

Sorry, but I disagree. I feel the whole point is that they are citizen soldiers. They aren't career military. He reaches them because he was a teacher, not through force of will.

Vaenyr

Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor

Kit Harrington as Jon Snow

Donald Trump as the POTUS

bobeth

Holy shit, this thread is designed for fucking Highlander

Let's see - we'll cast a fucking Frenchman as the Scotsman Connor McLeod, hero of the piece

Then we will cast as Scotsman who has only a single accent in all movies as a fecking Spaniard Conquistador

We will then cast an American as The Kurgan (russian roots).

An Englishwoman as the main characters scottish love interest...

Yeah, regardless of any indivdual misteps, Highlander takes the biscuit for an ensemble, it's hilarious!

Connor-McLeod-Highlander-Christophe-Lambert.jpg

I mean look at him, he looks French even before you here the accent!
latest

Everything you say is true, yet you are so, so wrong!

pashmilla

Banned
I don't mind her in Game of Thrones. But Game of Thrones usually has pretty solid casting as far as I'm concerned so maybe she just gets an AOE to her acting stat while around the rest of the cast.

Well... let's just say there's a reason the detractor nickname for show!Dany is Deadpan Stormborn.

Slaythe

Here's the thing.

Either you're a casual, and you thought they were mostly okay and their music theme was great, plus they're gorgeous.

Or you're a fan.

If you're a fan, you fucking watched the bonus on the Dvd/blurays.

You SAW George Lucas, literally showing Hayden the way to perform a scene, then have Hayden do it the same way, and then George says "Perfect, cut !" .

There is virtually nothing Hayden or Portman could have done to save this debacle.

The dialogues, overall writing, the actor direction, and the editing, they had EVERYTHING against them.

Nobody would have survived that "sand" line, not even Christian Bale or Dicaprio.

So Hayden did a good job given the circumstances.

Portman, one of the best actresses around, barely did any better than him.

Also, as a whole, with all the side stuff (comics, clones wars etc...), their legacy is great. So it's a good casting IMO.

magnifico

17565497_11.jpg

Halle Berry, James Marsden and Anna Paquin as Storm, Cyke and Rogue. So miscast. Especially when most of the others were so near perfect.

Wow. Yeah. And I usually like her in most of her roles, too.

It's kind of telling that the CGI versions of Anakin on The Clone Wars and later Rebels don't even look like him. With every other character, you can at least see the resemblance, despite the stylistic difference, but Anakin looks like a completely different person.
Most Clone Wars/Rebels characters are so stylized they barely resemble their movie counterparts(Just look at Dooku).
The only character from these shows that I can think of that actually like an actor was a senator character from Season 1 of Rebels that looked like David Niven(who was never in any of the movies).

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I see a lot of mentions for Eisenberg as Luthor, and Leto as Joker but I think both of those examples fall on the writing.

If Eisenberg were the Joker, I don't think anyone would have had a problem with the character, or his acting. I can't see anyone saving that Luthor.

Okay Leto sucks as Joker, but the writing for that character was awful anyway.

Mr_Moogle

17565497_11.jpg

Halle Berry, James Marsden and Anna Paquin as Storm, Cyke and Rogue. So miscast. Especially when most of the others were so near perfect.

Halle Berry and James Marsden we're terrible in these films.

I actually liked Anna Paquin as Rogue but it always bothered me she never had a southern accent.

As for bad casting, I'll never forget how ridiculous Colin Farrel looked as Alexander with that blonde hair.

Big-E

The guy who played King Arthur in that cancelled series with Eva Green. So bad the show was cancelled because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom