• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst Male Character Design in Gaming

gforguava

Hard to beat Luso, honestly.

But my most hated is this piece of crap from Brave Fencer Muashi 2 or whatever it ended up being called:
MSL-_Musashi.jpg

Similar to PoP: Warrior Within and Jak 2 and numerous others it is just so, so tryhard.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The asshole from Watch Dogs sucks. Manages to be generic AND annoying all at once somehow.

The douchey bro from that cancelled Platinum game (my memory sucks tonight) also looked really fucking stupid.

HeatBoost

That image has grouped a lot of white brunette guys but a lot of them don't even look generic or bad.

Bad? Not in and of themselves

Generic? Their very co-existence renders each other generic. It only gets worse with each new one!

Part of it is the characteristics (brunette, white, shortish hair, grizzled) and part of it hewing so close to a generically "realistic' visual style. The Yakuza games have a stylized art style where even the more realistic characters look slightly on the side of being caricatures, so even though Kazuma Kiryuu just looks like a butch Japanese dude, he doesn't end up looking generic

Ivan 3414

So, value is generally considered to be partially based on scarcity, right?

Ubiquity can be useful, but is generally not considered to me a marker of quality

I'm trying to say: I'm tired of motherfuckers that look like:
IRkOsaF.jpg

I think if I was a brunette white dude I would either grow my hair out or dye it because god damn

The industry has toned down on this in recent years, to be fair.

shiba5

Hard to beat Luso, honestly.

But my most hated is this piece of crap from Brave Fencer Muashi 2 or whatever it ended up being called:

Similar to PoP: Warrior Within and Jak 2 and numerous others it is just so, so tryhard.

When you something like that orange thing on a horse, it's called a "butt collector".

So, value is generally considered to be partially based on scarcity, right?

Ubiquity can be useful, but is generally not considered to me a marker of quality

I'm trying to say: I'm tired of motherfuckers that look like:
IRkOsaF.jpg

I think if I was a brunette white dude I would either grow my hair out or dye it because god damn

Outside of being white guys, most of these look pretty different from one another.
Do you want hair dye and face paint or a goofy mask? A fedora maybe?

Eria

Is it that thing where people were complaining about the size of their heads? Cuz otherwise, Adam at the very least looks just fine.

Eve looks too sexualized. There is no reason why he's shirtless, just like Quiet's design. These things are dumb.

I didn't like how Prince looked in the 360/PS3 version of the forgotten Sands just because of the face.

PoPTFS-Opening-Trailer.jpg

466394-prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands-windows-screenshot-don-download.jpg

popfs_11.jpg

princepersia_212000.jpg

It was launched with movie so it seemed like they were going for a weird Jake Gyllenhaal look-a-like and failed.

I greatly prefer the Wii version which not only was the better game but actually had the Prince look like he could be the Sands of Time Prince.

14.jpg

theforgottensands.jpg

It also has Sands of Time and Two Thrones costumes.

maxresdefault.jpg

While the 360/PS3 version has an Ezio costume along with a wraith and the Prince's brother's armor.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

poptfsEC.jpg

Disgraced

The asshole from Watch Dogs sucks. Manages to be generic AND annoying all at once somehow.
The ever-iconic Aiden Pearce is an inconsistent, shit character, but I actually think his visual design is solid. The off the rack, dingy outfit and greasy hat hair work for a dingy, greasy vigilante. His face in the original E3 trailer is much better as well. He was less typically handsome, and had interesting kind of pudgy chin and cheeks. In the final game they handsome'd him up to Geralt of Rivia (along with rewriting him as an uncle, instead of bad dad, and misunderstood, and instead just, well, actually bad).

Jotakori

laughs because I like several of the designs posted on this thread whoops
also I am personally offended at adam and eve being here how dare

But for my pick, I'm not especially fond of Nero from Dirge of Cerberus.
latest

That Nooj guy can't be topped.

I could try my hardest to make the worst design imaginable and I couldn't come up with that. I also can't draw.

Top Bottom